Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Liver punch in the clinch.

There are many ways to skin a cat... then you just take that skinning knife and shove up into the point between his bottom two ribs!!!

Ahem. A liver punch may work, but as Omar says, it may make him nauseous, which as Khun implies, isn't gonna stop him from kneeing you until your ribs pop and your jaw falls open. You'd need really good short range power to stop him.

The swim is good. The crowbar is good. If you can shift his body (as he'll be trying to do to you) with your swimming to unbalance him there's no reason why your knees shouldn't be going in or you can't slip down for a double-leg.

There's also a nifty Thai throw I've used where you shove your hand in under his shoulder blade and your other hand on the opposite side round his head and fold sharply down whilst stepping back quickly and deeply with one foot. ask one of the real Thai boys here.

You might be able to back off and turn tight into his body for a Russian Arm Drag.

At this point it's a what-if scenario.
    If you haven't already, pick up an anatomy chart and have a browse.
    Or you could just roll up a heavy chart and beat the crap out of him with that...
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

BTW, Lotus, if the 'high frontal leg lock' is supposed to mean a single leg shoot, you'll still probably eat knees. As Khun says you wanna get in close... then if you're gonna shoot, I think the double is a lot safer from the clinch.

If it isn't a single leg you're describing, what is it?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Originally posted by Mat
    There's also a nifty Thai throw I've used where you shove your hand in under his shoulder blade and your other hand on the opposite side round his head and fold sharply down whilst stepping back quickly and deeply with one foot. ask one of the real Thai boys here.
    mat throws a hook punch. sev covers and steps in, shooting his arm behind mat's head, securing a side plam. sev steps outward with his outside foot (rear leg), pivoting in a circle and kicking mat's leg with his lead leg. As he is kicking, sev pushes mat's head downward while raising his opposite shoulder, allowing him to fall to the ground.

Is that the one that you are talking about? looks similar ro hiza guruma?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by Mat
    BTW, Lotus, if the 'high frontal leg lock' is supposed to mean a single leg shoot, you'll still probably eat knees. As Khun says you wanna get in close... then if you're gonna shoot, I think the double is a lot safer from the clinch.

If it isn't a single leg you're describing, what is it?
    you know??.Where you hook your outside leg between his thighs , lever down with your weight on your knee, shin as "lever bar", or hook it back through so heel / achilles is on back of their inside outer leg and your knee controls their outer leg........... control or takedown, either way..works for me!!

translated:

blooming lotus's "high frontal leg lock" = inner reap = ouchi gari

which makes me laugh for many reasons (it's not a leglock, it's not frontal, and it's not high on the leg..)

but for your poor terminology aside, the inner reap works, IF you remove the space he needs to lift his knees. Expect to take an elbow or shovel punch as you attempt this. Think of it as the "cover charge" for getting in such a poor position.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

his arms are already busy choking you out! if you do it quickly . and follow through with a torso, throat stike, you're walking away !!

Ps : lol @ own lack 'o lingo and cheers for laughing with me :P

Yeah, that sounds like it Seven, but I think you got the names the wrong way round! ... Sev throws a hook punch...

Cheers for the description Lotus, and the translation ST00! The only standing leg-lock I could think of was to start a single leg (obviously using your arms which in this situation is knee-pie with gravy).

you're walking away !!
    lol. no you're not. 90% of the time a hard ouchi gari will put you right into his closed guard.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

dahh....... but his hands are pre-occupied and you have his legs controlled and a gap from torso to neck! You may not walk away, but having seen / been in a real life similar situation recently, but with sexual btw, least I know i am

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    his arms are already busy choking you out! if you do it quickly . and follow through with a torso, throat stike, you're walking away !!

Ps : lol @ own lack 'o lingo and cheers for laughing with me :P
    he's not choking you out, he's got you in plam, correct? plam is perfect for setting up elbows.

As for walking away, chances are you won't - you're gonna fall with him. you're now in his guard and have to get out before you can go anywhere.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

dahh....... but his hands are pre-occupied and you have his legs controlled and a gap from torso to neck! You may not walk away, but having seen / been in a real life similar situation recently, but with sexual btw, least I know i am
    you don't have his legs controlled - you are in his guard. his hands aren't preoccupied. they are active and helping him set up for his next technique.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

I can't picture how you're thinking this is ineffective???

his hands are on your neck right?? Depending on your range, at min, you're getting your hold with a thigh on thigh, controlling with your hip and if really close or slow maybe loosing out on the foot hold. For strike , because his arms are high and open, you still have his whole front torso to strike and his own neck / throat is open.

I used this very move, but low planted and ready for feet as opposed to the full lock, and even lil old me swung a blade strike to his neck, thumb in adams apple and chest to arms/ shoulder was open the whole time for elbow ( palm for chest strike ) follow-through if neccessary. I think if you can get in close yourself , it's comprimising his own set up??

I dunno..... if you can't picture it, you can't.
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 10-01-2004 at 02:05 AM.

his hands aren't on your neck - they are around the back of your head (the crown area) and his forearms/elbows are pushing into you. he is pulling your chin down toward your chest. you head is down and his elbows are in. his chin is down too. you're not gonna strike him in the throat without him picking up on your movement.

The reap can take him down, but you will likely go with him, in which case you are now ground fighting.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

You still don't know what btw means, do you, bl.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by SevenStar
    his hands aren't on your neck - they are around the back of your head (the crown area) and his forearms/elbows are pushing into you. he is pulling your chin down toward your chest. you head is down and his elbows are in. his chin is down too. you're not gonna strike him in the throat without him picking up on your movement.

The reap can take him down, but you will likely go with him, in which case you are now ground fighting.

1st off : - the dude said "NECK"........... hands on your neck!!!!!!!!

ENFORCER :- can we clarify this because I think our communication is degenerating? What exactly did you mean???

ring vs life...........

Ps: if his chin is down, like forcer says , you're taking the liver / pancreas / frontal kidney strike , and using your knees if you have to........... I did consider this, and I guess the "hands on neck" situation and their respective position is pending your "attackers " experience.........

okay so according to you, your arms and elbows are being forced out by his own elbows ( to anywhere from your shoulders to your chmid - bicep ) and he's covered his neck and even if you could slip in side neck blade, you're fajing on it 'll be limited....... what are his feet doing??? to get that levarge , his feet / legs are open right and therefore a takedown, foot point , shin smash ( pek gar from close range / come whatever the fvck you called that thing I do ) if done quickly 'll upset his balance and setup min ........ then as he corrects his balance, you're gon find something else opening up ........right????????!!!!!!!!!

Ps: what if you take his down inertia on your neck/ back 'o head , tuck in, twist and back roll with a landing elbow to wherever you can get it to land????
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 10-01-2004 at 09:59 PM.