View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 169 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 691191591671681691701711792192696691169 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger
    But when people debate, they generally have facts (not heresay) to back up their arguement. Unfortunately, when debating on this subject, very few know the facts. But don't get me wrong, I myself do not know all the facts but considering what is posted most of the time, neither does anyone else.

Case in point: Opinion-After the split, the brothers became sworn enemies and hated each other. A fight to the death was comiing any day.

Fact- While they don't vacation in Bali together, when they meet in public, they are both very pleasant and cordial to each other.

This whole distain for each other is more likely a good old fashion tinkle contest conjured up by the students of each.

Now back to the regularly scheduled bickering.......
    Yeah, so? My point still stands.

Fact--GMT has stated he hated his brother but, when his Father died he realized they needed to bury the grudge.

Still, it has and will be discussed. If you choose not to it is on you. Again that is your opinion just like humbleguy. If you noticed I speak nothing about the history I don't know. I speak about the west which I do know.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchaser107
    Did this question ever get answered?
    I'm assuming we all agreed it's about as effective as anything else right.
    Other than that , this discussion has been pretty much an adventure even for a mostly observer such as myself.
    I think you've answered it right there, but keeping this mega thread alive is better than another new one starting from scratch in a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by godzillakungfu
    Yeah, so? My point still stands.

Fact--GMT has stated he hated his brother but, when his Father died he realized they needed to bury the grudge.
    And this fact you got where? Did he happen to take you to the side and in a moment of personal revelation, decide that you were the one that should know of his feelings for his brother and other family business?

Your point stands, my point proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Ttm
    so maybe the masters can hear about it, learn from it ,and end the battle so that the art can be whole again
    They do and they have but the outlook is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ttm
    ..funny thing is that I got some of this first and second hand ,and they could not tell me how it really happened either
    East vs. West= ego and isolationism
    Lex vs. Tenn= ego, misunderstanding concerning origin of some forms,ego
    Lex vs. Atl= ego, uniforms, ego, feeling of no respect, ego
    Brother vs. brother= ego, tournament gone wild,deception,ego

See, you were just asking the wrong people
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

does this go down as the longest thread in KFM forum history?

Fair analysis. For Lex v. Tenn you said ego twice, but left out uniforms.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Which brother pulls the most tail?

When I was at the BB meeting before the split, both brothers asked if their students would not take sides as to who was right and let them work it out. That didn't happen.
    Later when they got together again they had another BB meeting. In it they asked that we act as one club and not take sides. That did not happen.
    Although it has changed through the years,this is orgin of the right patch on our uniforms. Master Hiang wore it and we adapted it.
    GT has pointed out that second hand, or worse, info is usually wrong. Ask him something in a PM as he is a long time ( read old man) student SIDE NOTE: You should see my medicine cabniet!
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

And this fact you got where? Did he happen to take you to the side and in a moment of personal revelation, decide that you were the one that should know of his feelings for his brother and other family business?
    Yes, actually it wasn't a private moment. He said it when east vs west came up. He told a very large group of us that he buried the hatchet(his term). Now being human we all know that doesn't fix everything. Doesn't mean there isn't anomosity. I took it as we need to bury East vs. West crap like what is going on between TTM, you, and me.

So, yes it is a fact he said this to us on the west.

Your point stands, my point proven.
    Mine not only stands but is proven. You feel I'm lying fine I honestly, don't care.

Remember I said right or wrong. Funny how you are overlooking that point. Facts don't play into my original statement. If most people argued facts alone there would be no such thing as the Grassy Knoll. There would be no debate on whether or not flight 800 was an accident or a missle attack. No one would sat the explosion at the pentagon was caused by Bush to further the war in Iraq.

Yes, I know GT is an oldster. I'd argue that is part of the problem on both sides. Defer to what the elders say because they know the truth. Well, if I did that I'd have to discount everything GMT has said. Yes, darn near everything.

You guys THINK you know the west, you don't.

Of course, I know nothing. So discount everything I said and I'll discount yours.
    Last edited by godzillakungfu; 07-21-2006 at 10:13 AM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy
    does this go down as the longest thread in KFM forum history?
    No. The Brink Of Death Thread in the ORA Forum is the longest thread in KFM History and this thread has a long way to go to catch up with our 9 thousand posts.

Practice your forum fu

Quote Originally Posted by Starchaser107
    No. The Brink Of Death Thread in the ORA Forum is the longest thread in KFM History and this thread has a long way to go to catch up with our 9 thousand posts.

Practice your forum fu
    This is also a combination of multiple threads that were merged, during the upgrade last year.

yeah this thread isn't even at "talk to the got chi girls" status.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

3rd place isnt' bad.

Quote Originally Posted by gkf
    I took it as we need to bury East vs. West crap like what is going on between TTM, you, and me.
    To be very honest, I wasn't aware that there was any crap going on between TTM, me and you. As for the east/west crap, it was settled in a meeting in Denver with D and S, DP, M. Sin, BL, ES and GG and a few others. All was great, there was going to be east west tourneys, D and S were coming back to Lexington to train from time to time. All was well....that is until the plane carrying the east took off.

You feel I'm lying fine I honestly, don't care.
    Lying??? not at all. Heck, I don't know you. I just questioned if what you were relating was first person fact or second person heresay.

Yes, I know GT is an oldster. I'd argue that is part of the problem on both sides. Defer to what the elders say because they know the truth. Well, if I did that I'd have to discount everything GMT has said. Yes, darn near everything.
    Hey now, I am not that old! But yes, I have been a student in SD for about 30 years now. Along with BM2, there is not much that has happened that we either weren't a part of or were watching with our own eyes.

I do find it strange that you think that is part of the problem. You obviously trust them enough to learn an art form from which is totally subjective but not when they try to pass on a little advise or history which coming from someone who was there is objective.

Remember I said right or wrong. Funny how you are overlooking that point. Facts don't play into my original statement.
    Okay, I might have misunderstood. Are you spending your time trying to gain insight into the history of SD and Sin The and such, or are you just wanting to argue for the sake of arguing?

You guys THINK you know the west, you don't.
    Nope. Why there is a big rift between the two? yes. But other than a few students I have met and worked out with over the years (shhhhh, wasn't supposed to tell) I know little or nothing about any of you.

Of course, I know nothing. So discount everything I said and I'll discount yours.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

To be very honest, I wasn't aware that there was any crap going on between TTM, me and you.

As for the east/west crap, it was settled in a meeting in Denver with D and S, DP, M. Sin, BL, ES and GG and a few others. All was great, there was going to be east west tourneys, D and S were coming back to Lexington to train from time to time. All was well....that is until the plane carrying the east took off.
    Yes, I know.

I also know there was another recent meeting.

I do find it strange that you think that is part of the problem. You obviously trust them enough to learn an art form from which is totally subjective but not when they try to pass on a little advise or history which coming from someone who was there is objective.
    You lost me here.

Well, things change. I'm not talking history, I never refuted anything you said except the fact you felt I was talking hearsay. What this has to do with me ignoring your advice( if that is what you mean) is unknown.

Okay, I might have misunderstood. Are you spending your time trying to gain insight into the history of SD and Sin The and such, or are you just wanting to argue for the sake of arguing?
    Show me where I brought up the brothers split in a knowing light. The reason I say TTM, you and me is because, through your writing, you are grouping us together.

Again I said right or wrong. I didn't say anything about the brothers history. I'm not researching where it came from. I usually say and ask questions in PMs.
    Nope. Why there is a big rift between the two? yes. But other than a few students I have met and worked out with over the years (shhhhh, wasn't supposed to tell) I know little or nothing about any of you.
    This is why you will see me say west west west. I know very little of the East. I know enough to understand the problems here in the west.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Golden Tiger

GT, from one old timer to another and a personal friend of GMS, I would like to thankyou for what you do for SD on this forum. Your break down above is correct. Why some people want to stir up the Hiang The situation I don't understand.....he keeps a very low profile and so does his students (us old timers know why). The rest is just typical politics that goes with the territory of large organizations....the further from the heart blood runs the more toxic it gets until it returns back to the heart. Anyway keep up the good work......I mostly just sit back and watch all the fun....it's safer that way. See you at the gym.....you should be able to figure out who I am.