View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 137 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 37871271351361371381391471872376371137 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

LOL, yea everytime I get back from a road trip to Asheville I got to attend an AA meeting! Oso, heck I need to get back on Beng Bu, I have been so busy with getting my guys and gals ready for the tournament, that I have neglected my training. I spent last night reviewing Kevin`s seminar, good stuff. JP & Oso, lets talk, this will be a bounce trip for me.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    JP: Yea, I will talk to Scott too.

I do try to be fair and as I said, recent discussions w/ Bob and the tournament experience recently have left me feeling more positive about you guys.

I know I couldn't have pulled that roundhouse kick off from as low as you were.

To be fair, I think that spear form is one of Jim's Wah Lum forms. I started learning it but haven't finished it. I like it.

Ou Ji: yep, plenty o' drinking but I'm not a fighter as far as that goes. I like to sit back and chill and talk.

Yu Shan: I thought your meetings were every week? Well, lets get Beng Bu back up together.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Last weekend in this month should work for me. Saturday afternoon or any day on Sunday. I still need to clear it with my friend. If not, I have a yard if the weather is good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

http://www.shaolin-do.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fan
    I'm new to the world of Kung Fu and have a questions? Is the systen known as Shaolin-Do real shaolin kung fu???
    http://www.shaolin-do.com/

What is Real?

Of course the reality of Shao-Lin is it's actuallity.
    REMEMBER: I Am Sin The' and you are not.

Man I wish Gene would delete that account or Dougadam would give him a candle and some bleach
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

No BM2. That would be censorchip...and that's just wrong.

On a side note, are you going to make it to the seminar this time?
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by Sin The'
    Of course the reality of Shao-Lin is it's actuallity.
    I just wish he would structure his trollish posts in a more gramatically correct manner. What is this supposed to mean?

Looks like there will be a nice sized texas contingent at this year's seminar. I think we're probably looking at something close to 20.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=39080

Candles and bleach? Now you know the rest of the story. Be sure to scroll down and read Gene's responses.
    GT,if something doesn't come up I'll be there next month.
    Last edited by BM2; 02-09-2006 at 08:16 AM.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Quote Originally Posted by lxtruong
    Looks like there will be a nice sized texas contingent at this year's seminar. I think we're probably looking at something close to 20.
    Good deal. Come in on Thursday and stop by the gym. It'll be fun

Is Mega Fist back again?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger
    Good deal. Come in on Thursday and stop by the gym. It'll be fun
    Haha, alas no can do, since we're leaving here driving on Thursday. Plus, I've been through one of Master Bill's thursday classes before. I don't know if I can stand having my brain and body fried twice in one week. Last time I had to "learn" 2/3 of Hua 2-man set #1 in 30 minutes. Can't remember a **** thing of course.

Have you guys set a date yet? I might dig my way out of my hole up here in Grainger Co. and show up.

Long: How's Austin? I might be out in Round Rock in the next month or two. I'll look you up if I am. Need BEER!

-Will
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman

Fun with the Chain Whip (chai-chai-chain, chain of fools)

Found out today why weight on end of whip looks like head of snake. Decided to try a reverse between legs and guess exact point where **** thing landed. Sensei Brian would have been pleased. First time, despite his years of exhortations, threats, and pleading that my back went perfectly straight during practice. Won't need to pay for a tattoo now.

Quote Originally Posted by humbleman
    Found out today why weight on end of whip looks like head of snake. Decided to try a reverse between legs and guess exact point where **** thing landed. Sensei Brian would have been pleased. First time, despite his years of exhortations, threats, and pleading that my back went perfectly straight during practice. Won't need to pay for a tattoo now.
    I assume that you were doing the 7-link form, but if your back was straight, it shouldn't have hit that hard...hmmm

Sensei Brian?