View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 260 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1602102502582592602612622703103607601260 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

1. it is interesting. both sides have glaring holes but gmt did have seniority over hsiang.

Alright now, I'm getting complaints again

You know, given the choice, I'd be happy to just let this thread run its own course. But when my complaint box starts to fill up again, it's more work for me. I hate that. I have plenty of other things to do other than clean up this thread. So here's the deal. I'm really busy with a bunch of other work issues right now, but I'm going to start banning forum members rather indiscrimanently for posting things that are even slightly antagonizing, just to get on top of this. Later, when my deadlines pass (probably not until after Halloween), I might sort out the banned and redeem a few. Then again, I might not bother. So there you have it. I've drawn the line in the sand. Cross it and I ban you. It's very simple.

Now let's have some peace and quiet around here.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Yeah.

What Gene said.

even MK(your not in SD but what the heck) what rank would you like
    I would like the title of Grand Poobah.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Yeah.

What Gene said.

I would like the title of Grand Poobah.
    Make it so

Wow

A great deal just got erased from the last two pages. the bluegrass consipracy and whatnot and those interesting historical comments about eric smith and bill leonard.

i guess that was what the complaints were about that Gene was saying.

TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Wow is right

Methinks you missed the concept TWS....

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    A great deal just got erased from the last two pages. the bluegrass consipracy and whatnot and those interesting historical comments about eric smith and bill leonard.

i guess that was what the complaints were about that Gene was saying.

TWS
    I doubt that Gene did the erasing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

nah i didnt flaca

I knew that there was going to be some cleaning done, i just didnt notice it after i read gene's post. i did find the last post lorenzo did very innapropriate(the one that got erased). everything else was a very interesting read(to say the least).

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

About Grandmaster Sin's kids....never heard much about them. Did he train them, and are they in the art? Would they probably inherit the system?

And...

Does anyone even know what the big problem(s) were between the brothers?

And ... if you look at some of the pictures posted on the sinthe.com site, you will see GMT's belt ranking. He was higher than Master Hiang, too. How big are the Chung Yen schools, anyway? Hell, if the material is the same, it's the same art. A rose by any other name....

To see lots of great pictures on Sinthe.com...
    You will get (404 not found) if you click the link he gave. use this link.
    http://www.sinthe.com/images/2004/

it takes you to the parent directory, then click away. I have neverseen many of these. The paintings are awesome! Never knew there was a mural, too, apparently unfinished, in Lex.
    Last edited by ricardocameron; 09-26-2006 at 01:27 PM. Reason: clarify
    "Let's get the hell out of here" - J. T. Kirk. in City on the Edge of Forever

"you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, PUNK?" Harry Callahan

"Mens Sana In Corpore Sano"

Follow the advice of Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly, but carry a big stick".

"Regulate the breath, and thereby control the mind."
    -- B.K.S. Iyengar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I doubt that Gene did the erasing.
    I second that doubt

Apparently I was wrong. As a chief contributor to the train-wreck that is the "Is SD for Real" thread on KFO, I apologize to Gene for keeping him so busy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    As a chief contributor to the train-wreck that is the "Is SD for Real" thread on KFO, I apologize to Gene for keeping him so busy.
    As do I. But I think Gene used good judgement in what he did. We can go back and forth in a civil manner without resorting to personal attacks.

Now back to the show....

PS..JP, mail
    Last edited by Golden Tiger; 09-26-2006 at 02:38 PM.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

For All - I didn't erase my last post, but respect the decision of the moderator. Regardless, I believe all of the information is supported and documented.

GT

Your habit of parsing someone's statements to better reflect your position is weak-minded. If you can't argue the thesis and provide some evidence to support your position, then why bother to reply?

I spoke on this forum because that's where the discussion is.

I have photos of Master Ie's grave and stone. The names of his children and grandchildren are on it. Oh, and so is the date. When I post that will you complain to Gene and get the post deleted?

If Sin was the grandmaster in 68 why didn't he sign Master Hiang's certificate in 78 as the head of the system?

Sin's certificate posted on his webpage is the evidence he presents for being the head of the system, or can't you read what it says around the display?

There was no "Sin The Karate Club", "Shaolin Karate-do" or "Shaolin-Do" organization in Indonesia, nor does it appear on Sin's certificate.

The material listed on Sin's certificate is important....its certifies what he studied.

Sin has not taught the Golden Snake, Iron Finger or Cyclone Leg. Master Hiang has taught all 18 Bird and 18 dagger.

Sin has two children with Lucia. I didn't mention his later wives because I never personally met them.

There are plenty of photos of Master Ie. Maybe I'll post a lineup and GT will pick who is who. Maybe there will be photos of other teachers at the school in Indonesia. Can you name one other teacher of Sin's? Can you post any photos of anything?

I'll be checking on that call to Master Hiang.....

Baqualin

You don't know me, so you don't know where I was or when. 25 years was not necessarily consecutive, just an assumption on your part.

Master Hiang and his family lived in Bandung from 1993 to 1998. He travels back and forth regularly (just two years ago actually). Since his mother passed away he probably won't make as many trips.

If Sin is the head of the system and the bad Hiang didn't tell his brother their grandfather died, why didn't one of the other masters who were still active at that time in Indonesia?

Radhnoti

If there is a letter from Master Ie appointing Sin then why isn't that on display at the Gold Rush gym instead of the certificate?

Master Hiang kept returning for training to keep progressing and learning. Only in the SD camp's fantasy world does a guy learn 900 forms in the space of a decade, 40 years ago, never teach it and somehow retain it.

The translation "minored" wasn't meant to be dimunitive....it went on to say that Sin excelled in those subjects and all of his studies.

To all - Let me make a few things clear. The two schools are not the same, the material is no longer the same, and a person's character and integrity matter in their personal and professional lifes.

All of this information is merely to serve as an effort to refute the patently and documented false claims by the Sin The Karate Club to the leadership of the Shaolin community. Master Hiang does not claim to be the head of the entire Shaolin system, merely the grandmaster of the Chung Yen Shaolin Martial Arts School, the school founded by his grandfather, a Shaolin monk of the Fukien Shaolin Temple.

You seem a tad upset Larenzo.. calm down, it will be all right..
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Ok

GMS had 3 children with Lucia 2 boys and a girl....had no children with his 2nd wife The girl is in the picture with Arnold