View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 267 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1672172572652662672682692773173677671267 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Missed Last Posts

Radhnoti....sorry for missing your last posts. I appreciate you putting the name up on the board. I've never heard of him before......doesn't mean anything of course.

For my part, I honestly have never heard anything about this letter, from anyone until I came to this site.

According to my translator, the 3rd 4th and 5th characters say karate.

To all: I'm still looking for you to support [u]your[u] claims that Sin is the head of the Shaolin system.

Sin The' is the head of Shaolin Do aka Sin The Karate Club. Shaolin Do was meant to be a unifying name for the system he teaches.

The letter you folks keep referencing is hard to comment on. None of you have seen it (Original or copy), none of you know where it is, and none of you can say who the student was that originally brought it up. Interestingly, in spite of all these issues, you and GT are more inclined to believe it?
    I neither believe or disbelieve it. I was brought into the discussion a long time ago by someone that, like you, has issues with SD. But it does talk about the "jade smoking stick" that Master Ie gave Master Sin. And it was originally posted by someone (James Hall) that absolutely hated SD and Master Sin. I know that for a fact.

I would agree that there was an implied acknowledgment of Sin's status by Master Hiang.
    So, Sin knows it, Hiang acknowledges it, tons of people over 40 years believe it....all except you. Do you perhaps see a problem here?

You know at this point, I'm tempted to declare victory and walk away.
    You have bested me, for sure. You could do that and be proud.

Remember, you've made the claim that 1) Sin is the grandmaster 2) He has 900 forms 3) The school was always called "Shaolin Do".
    1. If by nothing more than default, Sin The is the Grand Master of Shaolin-Do.
    2. So far he has taught around 190 or so and still going. Some of which are on the other side still. Don't worry, if you all run out, I will come over and show you something cool.
    3. Actually, the school, to this day, is called Sin The Karate Club. The system is called Shaolin-Do. You know, like on the left patch on a Hiangs uniform.

My interest in certificates is this: Your instructor claims to have been made the GM of a particular school by his former teacher. He has posted a certificate in his school that is supposedly to establish this fact. If this isn't what he bases his claim on then produce something, anything, that does.
    The same of asked of you about M. Hiang and his magic promotion from 7th? 8th? up to 10th. Heck, I would settle to see his certificate like M. Sins...
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    hey bq check your email
    I did...email me your phone# and I'll give you a call

Nice certificate

Looks like someone typed something below it and scanned it in. Maybe I'll try that with something else.....you know when I want to prove something and make it look....I don't know.....real. Wonder what all those other squiggly lines mean?

Still nothing to support your claim. Well, I've given you five days to come up with something, so I think that's enough time. If you ever do manage to find something to support your incredible position, post it. I'll check back every now and then for something new.

I particularly liked the spin on the name thing....different from earlier posts on the forum, but nice.

Well, its time for me and my jade smoking stick to go through my 900 forms(yeah I got one too...no, you can't see it,.....yes, Master Ie gave it to me in a secret letter, and no you can't see that either).

BTW, we'd always be interested in learning something new from you Tony.

[QUOTE=Lorenzo Valla;709753]Looks like someone typed something below it and scanned it in. Maybe I'll try that with something else.....you know when I want to prove something and make it look....I don't know.....real. Wonder what all those other squiggly lines mean?

I think GT typed in the translation of the Chinese charactors on the cert. that's pretty obvious.

Master Ie gave it to me in a secret letter, and no you can't see that either). [QUOTE]

Now that was a little raw...none of us on here ever said....we've seen the letter.....we believe everything supposed letter says...it's a secret letter, once again the letter came from your side not ours and just like you we were not aware of it until one of YOUR people posted it here. So you need to look in your own back yard for that one....if it is real and you do find it post it for all to see.

You've come on here and raised some very interesting questions that only GM Sin and M Hiang can truely answer or prove and I give you that.....but it's just as vague on your side...sorry you can't see that. At least there's a certificate for GMS which like the bible can be interpreted in many ways thru translations....it also seems funny that you guys have the original and we only have a copy....can you explain that. Once again where's the certificate (not from his students) proclaiming him a Grand Master...not an attack on you but a matter of credibility.

Looks like someone typed something below it and scanned it in. Maybe I'll try that with something else.....you know when I want to prove something and make it look....I don't know.....real. Wonder what all those other squiggly lines mean?
    Not sure what you are saying here LV. That is an actually Hiang The certificate, with the name removed but the year is still there. The english translation was texted over in photoshop. The lines simply pointed to the characters they represented. Sorry, I figured everyone would have gotten what was going on there. To prove this is his certificate, go here and see, its the same sans the translation (sorry, thats to funny) http://www.centralshaolin.com/cshaol...s/testing.html just scroll down a bit.

I particularly liked the spin on the name thing....different from earlier posts on the forum, but nice.
    Thats the way it happened. We always belonged to the Sin The karate club, studied Shaolin-Do and so on.

Well, its time for me and my jade smoking stick to go through my 900 forms(yeah I got one too...no, you can't see it,.....yes, Master Ie gave it to me in a secret letter, and no you can't see that either).
    You will be missed LV.

BTW, we'd always be interested in learning something new from you Tony.
    Close, but no cigar. Does make you wonder though doesn't it.

I think GT typed in the translation of the Chinese charactors on the cert. that's pretty obvious.
    Wasn't it kind of obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo Valla View Post
    You know at this point, I'm tempted to declare victory and walk away.
    Ok, why don't you? You're trying to pick a fight with people here that don't want to fight you. I'm not interested in this rift between Sin and Hiang or who outranks who in their family. You think whatever you think and do your own thing and we'll do ours. You want us to prove that we're right but we are not the persons to be discussing this with. The only two people that know and can solve this debate don't appear to take umbridge with each other. Leave it alone man. We can't solve any of this here and its disrespectful to both brothers to try. Obviously you believe that rank notwithstanding Sin The learned kung fu from Ie the same as Hiang. Why don't you support that argument (which is, along with the same lineage to Su Kong that you claim, is the reason why all of the detractors here attach both of our schools)? Leave the sibling debate off of here.

And heck, even I knew GT wasn't named Tony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger View Post
    Not sure what you are saying here LV. That is an actually Hiang The certificate, with the name removed but the year is still there. The english translation was texted over in photoshop. The lines simply pointed to the characters they represented. Sorry, I figured everyone would have gotten what was going on there. To prove this is his certificate, go here and see, its the same sans the translation (sorry, thats to funny) http://www.centralshaolin.com/cshaol...s/testing.html just scroll down a bit.
    I don't see Hiangs certificate....
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I don't see Hiangs certificate....

Sorry, bad wording there. I meant his as in "his schools standard certificate". I was simply trying to point out to the gentleman LV that pre- self GM promotion and the beginning of Chung Yen Shaolin along with the current (hence the link) certificate is the same and it has the karate char. on it and no where says anything about the name of the school or nuttin!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger View Post
    Sorry, bad wording there. I meant his as in "his schools standard certificate". I was simply trying to point out to the gentleman LV that pre- self GM promotion and the beginning of Chung Yen Shaolin along with the current (hence the link) certificate is the same and it has the karate char. on it and no where says anything about the name of the school or nuttin!
    I see. Oh well.

Tony

Now that I think about it GT, considering LV's attitude he might have meant TONY TIGER

Translation

The certificate I saw from Hiangs school definately says Shaolin Kara te Do reading left to right 1st 5 characters
    BTW I have contacted the same company that Valla contacted and they said they cant translate it I will post the e-mail if interested so Mr Valla you are going to have to post something for us to think they translated it for you. Thanks KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Correction

The Chung Yen Shaolin rank advancement certificate that has been used for Black Belts since 2001 and White to Brown since 2003 reads from left to right:

Chen, Hiang Kwang, Chung Yen Shaolin Martial Arts School Certificate

Not sure where you are getting your infomation, but it is not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon797 View Post
    The Chung Yen Shaolin rank advancement certificate that has been used for Black Belts since 2001 and White to Brown since 2003 reads from left to right:

Chen, Hiang Kwang, Chung Yen Shaolin Martial Arts School Certificate

Not sure where you are getting your infomation, but it is not accurate.
    My mistake. Shows how much attention i actually gave this before our friend Lorenzo stopped by. The first certificate that I referenced was from 1991. The second was from 2005. After enlarging the second, I now see that the characters are different.

Again, that was my mistake.