View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1188 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 18868810881138117811861187118811891190119812381288 ... LastLast
Results 17,806 to 17,820 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

You guys are talking so much smak it isnt even humerous any more. No one who is a real MA would say they will shoot some one about a Challenge match. In the past one would be honor bound to accept a challenge match. and it was known there was no holds barred. With out even saying it. So I guess now all people want to do is talk smak. Back when Challenge matches were taken seriously one didnt throw it out there unless they meant it. Sort of like if you draw a sword you have to use it so you dont draw it unless you meant to. No Honor or real pride in ones self any more I guess. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I know you have. And it's easy to let things get to us and threaten to punch people in the nose too.
    No, it's not, JP. And you are better than this. For real!
    Who threatened him? Who said they are going to go to SD schools and kick some ass? Who? And HSK lives in the same state as TTM. If he was as tough as he wishes he was he would have already been to see HSK.

There are two major diffs between HSK and TTM. First, HSK actually has put in the YEARS of research to know what he's talking about. Second, HSK couldn't care less if you insult HSCLF. He's pissed coz he feels like he's been ripped off, not talked down to. There is a difference! His way is not my way and yeah, he can be over-reactive, but it doesn't change his facts. TTM is just indignant because he can't handle critique and takes personal offense way too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    What I have been displeased with is your lack of knowledge in the subject you are discussing and that say nothing of value in your defense when called on it. You are an troll here, nothing more . You are just as guilty as anyone, let's just leave it at that.
    Sure, but I'm not a spazz. For this I am thankful. I haven't made threats. I haven't made challenges, physical ones anyways. I haven't left posts where I just swear and spazz at somebody and I always come with a point. If that is too much for you, well, then you are an emotional pussy.

Think about that before you answer me, son.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    You guys are talking so much smak it isnt even humerous any more. No one who is a real MA would say they will shoot some one about a Challenge match. In the past one would be honor bound to accept a challenge match. and it was known there was no holds barred. With out even saying it. So I guess now all people want to do is talk smak. Back when Challenge matches were taken seriously one didnt throw it out there unless they meant it. Sort of like if you draw a sword you have to use it so you dont draw it unless you meant to. No Honor or real pride in ones self any more I guess. KC
    Thats not what I said. Sure, I'll throw on the gloves, why not? 15 years ago I would have met you in the tsreet, crew v crew. Today, I couldn't be bothered. What I DID say was that if you come at me, come hard because winning is my only goal, and will do what i need to do to neutralize any threat. If that means putting putting the roscoe in your mouth, so be it. If all I have to do is lump you out, then that's fine too. Fuck your honor bound bullshit. Honey badger don't care! This is the real world, not some LARPer garbage. You get one shot at it, best to come correct.

I will never EVER travel just to fight somebody a disagree with on the internet. To me, that's just retarded. A geriatric tough guy, nice You would think at you age you would know better by now. The fact that anyone can rile you up like this over the internet exposes your true colors and your serious lack of self control. Master what? Pulease. You can't even master your impulses, let alone anything else.

Dumb dumb dumb.

somebody quote this.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    somebody quote this.
    Syn7 is Dumb dumb dumb. Like that?
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

I was all ready to come in here and flame you guys but I did tai chi too many times this afternoon and now I just want a hug.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab

I was all ready to come in here and flame you guys but I did tai chi too many times this afternoon and now I just want a hug.
    you should be getting hugs from your dating website

Been a long time since then ... been dating a gal an ex introduced me to for a few years. But thanks for the sentiment.
    -shaolinarab

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    No, it's not, JP. And you are better than this. For real!
    Who threatened him? Who said they are going to go to SD schools and kick some ass? Who? And HSK lives in the same state as TTM. If he was as tough as he wishes he was he would have already been to see HSK.

There are two major diffs between HSK and TTM. First, HSK actually has put in the YEARS of research to know what he's talking about. Second, HSK couldn't care less if you insult HSCLF. He's pissed coz he feels like he's been ripped off, not talked down to. There is a difference! His way is not my way and yeah, he can be over-reactive, but it doesn't change his facts. TTM is just indignant because he can't handle critique and takes personal offense way too easily.
    What isn't? That some people can let their emotions get the best of them and start talking about kicking ass? Sure it's easy to do that behind a keyboard, but if you want people to listen to you, that's the wrong approach. And I know Frank knows his stuff and got all riled up about material being stolen, but his anger was mostly misplaced at people who did not participate in the appropriation of the material. And his way of going about it got so childish that Gene stepped in to kindly point that out to him. That's all I did to TTM. Point out that he was being immature in his discourse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

You Goobers are a trip, so who said they would shoot someone? wasnt me all I did was point out how pussies try to pride themselves into thinking they have the skill to make some one Mad or upset. How can one derive that from typing , must be psychic I guess . Or in most cases Psychotic. I just said you all talk a good game but few on here are willing to back up what they say. MOst just talk,talk , talk. Like listening to the parents of Charley Brown , whahwhahh whahhh. RealMA would travel all over the country for their honor but as many have said there is no honor these days any more. Too many axcuses and too much HOT AIR. Right Syn 7.

Originally Posted by Syn7
    Challenge matches these days on this continent is for retards and insecure twitts. If somebody comes to my house for a fight, I'm not gonna throw hands, I'm gonna put my barrel in their mouth. Come on, get real people. Unless you're prepared to go hard tactical, you guys shouldn't challenge ANYONE you don't know. You wanna fight, get in the cage or join a crew.

See man just a Liar.

Thats not what I said. Sure, I'll throw on the gloves, why not? 15 years ago I would have met you in the tsreet, crew v crew. Today, I couldn't be bothered. What I DID say was that if you come at me, come hard because winning is my only goal, and will do what i need to do to neutralize any threat. If that means putting putting the roscoe in your mouth, so be it. If all I have to do is lump you out, then that's fine too. **** your honor bound bull****

Not by your self what a chicken **** little *******.

I really, really hate to agree with these other guys but I don't believe a real martial artist would travel across the country for his 'honor.' Maybe for his bravado, but not his honor. That is why I rolled my eyes at HSK's invite for me to fly to SF.

A martial arts brother of mine gave me a "Master's stick." He does a lot of martial arts inspired paintings and this is a real gem. It has a wrapped handle and red horse hair coming out one end. It has 3 sets of Chinese characters painted on it. The first reads "A good student seeks to subdue their ego." The second, "A good teacher has a subdued ego." The third, "To a master, ego doesn't exist." I am struggling between the second and third.

It angers me to see an art and people I cherish being trashed on these forums. Had some of the things been said in person with the same vitriol as here, I am afraid I might have lost my cool and reacted. But cooler heads prevail when I walk away from these forums. Not only is a cross country trip for a challenge match not worth it, financially, but it is highly foolish. You have no idea what you are walking into. You may be going in there all honor bound and willing to fight 'fair,' your opponent may not. Actually, if your opponent is smart, he would make sure the fight wasn't fair.
    -shaolinarab

Meecer

I dont expect you to understand, the old ways . Those of today do not travel for ego. They travel to test their skill. There is no assumption of "fairness". only that combat would ensue. There is no Ego in what I type or say. That is long gone.
    although with age some mellow I have not and having had an injury in the past there is much pent up angst. To hit and be hit is something I miss,greatly. No fear of defeat. and Death is part of the Tao or Way. KC

Quote Originally Posted by themeecer View Post
    Syn7 is Dumb dumb dumb. Like that?
    Close enough. Bout what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Originally Posted by Syn7
    Challenge matches these days on this continent is for retards and insecure twitts. If somebody comes to my house for a fight, I'm not gonna throw hands, I'm gonna put my barrel in their mouth. Come on, get real people. Unless you're prepared to go hard tactical, you guys shouldn't challenge ANYONE you don't know. You wanna fight, get in the cage or join a crew.

See man just a Liar.

Thats not what I said. Sure, I'll throw on the gloves, why not? 15 years ago I would have met you in the tsreet, crew v crew. Today, I couldn't be bothered. What I DID say was that if you come at me, come hard because winning is my only goal, and will do what i need to do to neutralize any threat. If that means putting putting the roscoe in your mouth, so be it. If all I have to do is lump you out, then that's fine too. **** your honor bound bull****

Not by your self what a chicken **** little *******.

Wow, you even quote it and still don't understand.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Oscar Wilde
    I said if somebody wants to spar in the ring, sure. Why not? As long as they approach me properly. Otherwise it will get real ugly for you real fast. Anyone who COMES TO ME and acts with any sort of aggression WILL NOT get an honorable match, they will not get a proportional response. They will whatever I think is needed to GUARANTEE that I am the one who walks away from the engagement. I just don't see how that could be more clear?

If JP came to me and said "wanna throw down?" my answer would be sure, let's do it. If you came to my me all angry and asshurt, my answer will be swift, unfair and quite aggressive. I have been consistent all along. I'm nit gonna reiterate all my past statements to put context on my next statements. I expect you to put in the time to understand what you are reading. These assumptions and weak argumenst are why I call you dumb.

You're like a pundit guppy in the spin room picking and choosing select quotes to make a point that isn't true. I can't be bothered to go back and quote my own posts, but it's all there in print for you.

I can take any quote on here and misrepresent it for days. Not something I would consider a skill. Lil kids do it all the time.