View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1190 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 19069010901140118011881189119011911192120012401290 ... LastLast
Results 17,836 to 17,850 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Well Syn 7 I see the others when they quote you so its hard to ignore I quoted you and bolded it so you would see what you wrote, so when I catch you in a Lie just cant help myself. If calling some one dumb makes you feel smarter then go ahead , I guess you are like a woman who goes out with ugly friends to make you feel prettier.
    A Fool is Born every Day !

You caught me in a lie how? Cause I said that if you come to my house my response will be excessive? Or because I said I would jump in the cage with people who ask me nice? All you did was take something obviously implied and took it litterally purposely avoiding the context in which it was written and ALL my past statements. I have been consistent, you are just too emotional and retarded to see it.

I never once said that if you came to my home that I would jump in the ring with ya.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Oscar Wilde

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Syn7; 12-08-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Sure, but I'm not a spazz. For this I am thankful. I haven't made threats. I haven't made challenges, physical ones anyways. I haven't left posts where I just swear and spazz at somebody and I always come with a point. If that is too much for you, well, then you are an emotional pussy.

Think about that before you answer me, son.
    get off your high horse pal., the rodeo is over. You can quit with the cr@p now. I didn't challenge anyone, what I said is put up or shut up. I can't put up videos at this point but I can put up my opinion of how I think pu$$ies like you should be handled. Save your belittling words and condescending remarks for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    get off your high horse pal., the rodeo is over. You can quit with the cr@p now. I didn't challenge anyone, what I said is put up or shut up. I can't put up videos at this point but I can put up my opinion of how I think pu$$ies like you should be handled. Save your belittling words and condescending remarks for someone else.
    Um, no. The rodeo ends when I decide it ends. Proof is in the pudding, son.

And we continue.....

Ttm

Hey man he is he is saving his remarks for me, kuz im dum tee heee. LOL anyway you can win with that goober he cant even read what he said and admit he said it , then when you catch him he uses this context cr@p and says "duh that aint what I said" we call that Dumb as a box of rocks, KC

Oh and proclaiming you are open to any challenge(which is what "my door is always open" means in this context) is in itself a challenge. You're starting to argue like KC.

Challenge matches these days on this continent is for retards and insecure twitts. If somebody comes to my house for a fight, I'm not gonna throw hands, I'm gonna put my barrel in their mouth. Come on, get real people. Unless you're prepared to go hard tactical, you guys shouldn't challenge ANYONE you don't know. You wanna fight, get in the cage or join a crew.

My door is not always open, but you guys are free to try to kick it in.
    Here you go Syn 7 what say ye gonna lie again yeah i know context right

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Here you go Syn 7 what say ye gonna lie again yeah i know context right
    WTF is wrong with you?

Challenge matches these days on this continent is for retards and insecure twitts. If somebody comes to my house for a fight, I'm not gonna throw hands, I'm gonna put my barrel in their mouth. Come on, get real people. Unless you're prepared to go hard tactical, you guys shouldn't challenge ANYONE you don't know. You wanna fight, get in the cage or join a crew.

My door is not always open, but you guys are free to try to kick it in.
    This is only difficult for you because you are being difficult. Unwilling to back off from a retard statement.

You wanna fight me in a sprting venue? put in a mouthguard.

You come to my house and I'll gut ya. Simple, no?

I'm sure most people here feel that way. SD or otherwise.

bump

Quote Originally Posted by brucereiter View Post
    For those of you who have at any time trained sd/csc and practice "yang 64" tai chi chuan, it would be interesting to see a video of you doing section 1 of yang tai chi chuan. Will you post a video and have a discussion about the form as you understand it. Mine are linked below.
    anyone? comments?
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Short forms are excellent. Excellent cardio with all the fundamental technique that anyone would ever need. The case can be made that it doesn't teach transitional movement, but I don't think the are looking very hard. Whether these forms are a distilled version of the 108 lohan or they sprang out of Sin The's mind and imagination, it is good material and material I plan on teaching my own children to introduce them to the basics of the art.

But I'm going to call you out too. I agree from hat we were told the short form was assembled by Sin The, but it was out of the 108 lo han. The deposition said that he knew of a legend of the 108 Lo Han but that no one knew that material, or had even seen it, and he created this from scratch. These are two different things. Still nice materal though.
    I've known a couple of individuals (who started in sd long before I) to mention that the way the "Lo Han" techniques are currently taught is quite different from the days when GMT taught with his brother. For one, the modern set is apparently much more "linear". Do any of you have any knowledge of this?

I began in 2000 at a "west coast" school and have only ever seen the Lo Hans performed one way. I ask because, as JP and others have astutely pointed out, they seem to form the true foundation for everything else in sd. If there was an original set taught to EML's generation that differs from the current one, it would be interesting to know whether it was something more complete, and possibly truly unique to sd and the original Chung Yen.

That's correct Iron Palm. The original short forms were like mini-long forms. The few that I learned were about the length of Se Mong Tow Lea.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

that is also the way i have always know it to be said, like very short long forms. I have seen my teacher do a few but i was never taught any that way.
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    lets set something straight. i never challenged anyone. i simply said if you have issues you feel that needed to be handled in a certain way my door is open. i 've always been up front with who i am, my sifu, and school. i open my mouth cause i know i can handle myself. yet, i don't claim to be an elite fighter. i don't even claim to be able to kick anyone ass. but one thing for sure is i am no push over, i can fight, and i stand my ground. win or lose i accept fate.

to the rest, yes i did allow all that shaolin do was about which included certain characters here and jake the fake to keep me a little ****ed off. but after smokin a blunt or 8, i realized most of what goes on here on this forum are just words. my sifu taught me a long time ago words aren't important enough to lose your cool over. so after gene, i realized its time for my eventual disappearance from this forum which has never really been beneficial to me outside my CLF debates over history.

to be honest, nothing really matters. disrespecting my sifu baseless or not, it doesn't bother me. proof is in the pudding regardless of what anyone says with their mouths. i know better than to fall into that. i'm not insecure about myself nor my sifu. and HSK is my character on this forum, those who know me know i don't trip off people like i have been lately.

so i will go smoke another 100 blunts, keep practicing and teaching, & doing it moving.

peace, its been fun.
    That's a lot of blunts. You must be really sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I just use these.....................!

We should all be able to trade barbs and talk about MA's and dumb people without getting mad. I've been called so many things on here, some true some not. Have you ever seen me angry? Leaving a post like " F u man F u, your just and asshole"???

No you haven't. Why? Two reasons. One, I have control of these emotions and it takes A LOT to get me to show anger. Two, I simply don't care what anyone here thinks of me. I really don't. I have made friends here, and that's cool, but I care nothing for those who oppose me. It's not that these insults can't be offensive, it's that they can't be offensive coming from you all. Understand?

The only person here fighting for SD that has my respect is JP. And maybe that Sean guy, I like his restraint. Admirable in the face of such criticism. Most of the rest are just crying like lil bitches. That's not the way to make a point unless your point is that you're a whiney lil bitch. I'm not saying you are, cause to be quite honest, I don't really read your posts.
    If I may speak for him, Sean isn't fighting "for" SD. He used to train in SD and though he still respects his teacher and many of his peers, he has no love for Sin The or SD. I'm not really training anymore either. I'm calling things the way I see it, but my persepctive includes 20 years of training in SD and a detest for the lies and tall tales that have been told and the delusions that some in SD still maintain.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Um, no. The rodeo ends when I decide it ends. Proof is in the pudding, son.

And we continue.....
    This isn't a rodeo; its a merry-go-round. If you want to stop going in circles, you just get off the ride. I had been off this forum for a long time until Sin The's deposition.