View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1253 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2537531153120312431251125212531254125512631303 ... LastLast
Results 18,781 to 18,795 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Famlies

Excerpt from Old Dutch East India Trading Journals

Quote Originally Posted by OTD View Post
    Excerpt from Old Dutch East India Trading Journals
    Interesting. Some verification of the The' family name in Indonesia as early as 1911.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

No one find any new photos
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherLove View Post
    For those who want to know:

GM Wang Ziqiu (1862-1948), generation II ---> (pupils in / heir) Zheyuan Wang, Wang Zhexiao, Xuefu Ji (Chi Xiaofu/1890-1976), Xu Qiliang, Liu Hanqing, Liu Shupeng, Ceng Hanjun, Changmiao Wang, Wang Guilun, Yongan Luo, Yu Dingwo, Wang Guixiang, (third generation).

GM Wang Zheyuan, generation III ---> (pupils in / heir) Su Zhongyi, Zuoquan Lai, Chen Maoren, Sun Lianjun, Lin Xinhong, Su Fuyuan, Zhou Chongyao, Zhihan Fu, Cai Jinhui, Li Fushun, (generation IV) .

Master Su Fuyuan, generation IV ---> (pupils in) Yingsiung Huang, Li Chingyuan, ... etc.. (Generation V).
    Interesting to see chi shou fu and liu shu peng in there.

Great! Where did that come from? So there are two of the teachers from Hiang's school's lineage, jives with what it says on their website and we've got a lineage for at least the black tiger and probably other Shantung material (lian wu zhang?) Liu ShuPeng is listed there, described by Hiang as "spirit whip hand" who specialized in the tai peng system...wonder if the Tai Peng is then a Shantung system, or a separate lineage altogether. I also wonder if the tang lang comes from this Shantung lineage. Now if we could only find something similar for Ie Chang Ming and/or the The family lineage. Based on the Netherlands site, it seems like their style would be mainly monkey and/or mantis. But Sin and Hiang don't seem to have much monkey.
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow, you cannot pass!"

Blog Entries
    To expand insight and maintain friendships between martial artists, exchange students began to visit one another's martial art schools.

They included:

Kwi Guan from Bandung: He was one of Suhu's saudara seperguruan
    [school fraternity]. He was often asked to teach in Bogor.

Cua Kek Kiong: from the Ceng Bu Hwe school, Jakarta

Tjio Swi Hong: who was known for his Shan Tung
    [a Chinese martial art] knowledge.

Lo Ban Teng: a Chinese kung fu master from Jakarta.

Mr. Suhaya, H. Dulhamid: from Cimande [a pencak silat style]

This was taken from:

Biography of the Grand Master
    of PGB Bangau Putih
    Suhu Subur Rahardja
    Kwi guan, another teacher of master Hiang.

To expand insight and maintain friendships between martial artists, exchange students began to visit one another's martial art schools.

They included:

Cua Kek Kiong: from the Ceng Bu Hwe school, Jakarta

Cua (Tjoa) Kek Kiong is the author of the Shantung Black Tiger book, in conjunction with Draeger.
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow, you cannot pass!"

i think the indonesian shaolin do looks just as sh1tty as sin the shaolin do.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    i think the indonesian shaolin do looks just as sh1tty as sin the shaolin do.
    They're still better than what you're learning.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    They're still better than what you're learning.
    i learn from green grass monk. he taught me the real hung sing. i accept jesus christ into my life.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    i learn from green grass monk. he taught me the real hung sing. i accept jesus christ into my life.
    yea i know. i think you hung hisu kwan reborn
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Talking

Hi everybody. New member here and new to martial arts in general. Judge Penn or any Knoxville natives still hanging around? Recently started training in the area and am enjoying the classes a bunch.

In Town

Yeah man where are you training and what style? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Traditional Shaolin is the name of the school - my teacher's name is Daniel Mattson. From what I've read he studied under Elder Master Gary Mullins in the Shaolin-Do system. However, Mullins name doesn't appear to be listed on the Shaolin-Do website with other masters' names. I know in the past (perhaps still?) there has been a lot of controversy surrounding the lineage of Shaolin-Do and the claims made by its' Grandmaster. I just want to state that this isn't really a concern of mine and I'm simply bringing it up for the sake of curiosity.

I suppose I'm simply asking if Gary Mullins and those under him are still part of the Shaolin-Do system or if they've perhaps tried to distance themselves from it somehow? Also, what is the general state of the Shaolin-Do system as of present? I could ask my teacher but I have not been there long and I feel it would be somewhat disrespectful.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to discussing Kung Fu with everyone on this forum and hopefully learning a lot and making some new friends. Take care.

look here shaolingrandmaster.com master mullins is listed here, he is not listed on the shaolin do association website, that is just a smaller group within a group.
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..