View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 796 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2966967467867947957967977988068468961296 ... LastLast
Results 11,926 to 11,940 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Wheres Go Ju I guess he couldnt find the answer in his old Karate Illustrated Magazine from 1978 KC
    Don't wish for his return. Maybe we can get back to productive discussions again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Question for KC and TTM

Was out for a few days and stuff exploded. Seems relatively quiet now at least. I have a question for TTM and KC (if I'm asking for too much free information, just tell me).

I tore a meniscus in my right knee in 2002 playing football. Later that same year, I had the knee scoped and the docs shaved the meniscus down a bit. I did physcial therapy starting right away and felt completely back to normal about 6 months later. Fast-forward to 08-09: About eight months ago, I was in a conditioning class. Our instructor had us doing outside crescent kicks (or outside smash-kicks) but, rather than doing them straight leg, had us snap the kicks from the knee. While doing those kicks I felt what I would describe as a mild hyperextension in my right knee. The problem is that the knee has never gotten better. Over time, I've begun to wonder whether my knee pain is not the result of a hyperextension but rather the beginnings of arthritis related to the meniscus tear and the surgery. I've spoken to a doctor about it and the pain I decribe doesn't sound like arthritis to her despite the fact that it seems to ebb and flow a bit with the weather. The doc has recommended physical therapy but I just haven't yet had time to get there yet.

I'm going to try to make a physical therapy appointment in the next couple of weeks. Any ideas or recommendations in the meantime? I'm 37 and am getting to an age where stuff hurts all the time so I don't want to miss training unless I'm sure that it's necessary. I've tried wearing braces (I think they've done as much harm as good) and just not snapping my right kicks as much in class. I don't seem to be making things any worse. It's just not getting better. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
    ON

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Don't wish for his return. Maybe we can get back to productive discussions again.
    I would think he's probably spending time getting ready for Sat. so he can beat up on a guy with no experience. He will be back after, woofing.
    BQ

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    I would think he's probably spending time getting ready for Sat. so he can beat up on a guy with no experience. He will be back after, woofing.
    BQ
    You're probably right.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I don't know

My money's on our guy. How good can you get when:
    1. your last real fight was in 7th grade; and
    2. you've basically been sparring only your uncle for the past five years?

Unless the size advantage is huge, I bet our guy does okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    My money's on our guy. How good can you get when:
    1. your last real fight was in 7th grade; and
    2. you've basically been sparring only your uncle for the past five years?

Unless the size advantage is huge, I bet our guy does okay.
    Well, I doubt it would be taped so who knows for sure. I would guess that Facepalm will be respectful and controlled in the sparring and I'm afraid anything this side of a knock-out would be interpreted by goju as impotent.

Plus, as much as I would hope that karma is real, I've known plenty of jerk-*****s who have it coming, but still manage to be good fighters.

Edit: Really P-R-I-C-K is censored?

Old Noob, You are 37 most likely you have effusion or swelling in the capsule of the knee with weather the pressure within the knee increases and decreases thus you are more and less stiff in the knee. Probably an internal derangement or ACL strain, if there was a POP then maybe Tear. common with hyper extension high velocity movements. The outside Cresent Kick is not meant to be a power impact kick and shouldnt be trained as such is more of a deflection kick as indicated by the mechanics of the movement. Send all the info at the mechanism of injury and I can tell you more I also need to know what type of pain etc or I will call you if you send me your # on a PM KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Awesome.

Old Noob, You are 37 most likely you have effusion or swelling in the capsule of the knee with weather the pressure within the knee increases and decreases thus you are more and less stiff in the knee. Probably an internal derangement or ACL strain, if there was a POP then maybe Tear. common with hyper extension high velocity movements. The outside Cresent Kick is not meant to be a power impact kick and shouldnt be trained as such is more of a deflection kick as indicated by the mechanics of the movement. Send all the info at the mechanism of injury and I can tell you more I also need to know what type of pain etc or I will call you if you send me your # on a PM KC
    Thanks KC. PM sent.

ON

I need the mech of injury were you doing impact training etc ?? Also palpate the medial joint line for TP or acute increase of pain let me know what you find KC

Did it.

I need the mech of injury were you doing impact training etc ?? Also palpate the medial joint line for TP or acute increase of pain let me know what you find KC
    Okay. More information sent. Again, I really appreciate your advice and willingness to help.

I would say Medial Collateral Ligament strain or tear partial or otherwise. Or Anterior horn of the Medial meniscus. Check knee flexion at end AROM and PROM Muscle test the gracilis and Medial hamstring as a unit. May want to get an X-ray to rule out Tibial Plateau Fx. KC

Ouch!

I would say Medial Collateral Ligament strain or tear partial or otherwise. Or Anterior horn of the Medial meniscus. Check knee flexion at end AROM and PROM Muscle test the gracilis and Medial hamstring as a unit. May want to get an X-ray to rule out Tibial Plateau Fx. KC
    KC,

Thanks for the information. Sounds more serious than I thought. I'll run it down.

Not really just worse case senario let me know what you find out. KC

Ouch!!!!!!!!

I just got back to reading the thread after being away for some time. I must admit it was a painful experience. I'm assuming most of your know why. It did open up a number of questions for me though?

Is Goju originally from KY and an insurance salesman?

Why is Goju so fascinated with attempting to discuss CMA when his time could be better spent studying his beloved MMA or karate?

Did Goju pass his seventh grade Language Arts class?

Hopefully, we will never discover the answers to these questions because enough is enough.

I hope all is well with everyone who is sincere with the purpose of these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by peace&love View Post
    I just got back to reading the thread after being away for some time. I must admit it was a painful experience. I'm assuming most of your know why. It did open up a number of questions for me though?

Is Goju originally from KY and an insurance salesman?

Why is Goju so fascinated with attempting to discuss CMA when his time could be better spent studying his beloved MMA or karate?

Did Goju pass his seventh grade Language Arts class?

Hopefully, we will never discover the answers to these questions because enough is enough.

I hope all is well with everyone who is sincere with the purpose of these forums.
    No to the first question..MK verified this and a first year student of the Colorado school is meeting him today for a friendly sparing session. This how Cujo can prove his skill to everybody.
    BQ