View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

    22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

    13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

    5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

    17 29.82%
Page 1148 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 14864810481098113811461147114811491150115811981248 ... LastLast
Results 17,206 to 17,220 of 20003

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

  1. #17206
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    You know we all have our strengths and weaknesses, and the ability to use words in a confusing and intellectualized format does not mean some one is intellegent. I have been tested many times in life and in otherways and have always scored very high. In college I had a GPA of 3.975 out of a 4.0 I scored at the top of my class in the state boards. So I am not stupid nor am I dumb or Ignorant. I just choose to not care about throwing Pearls before the Swine. KC
    Well that's the thing KC, none of it was really all that complicated. But thanx for making my point.

    I'm sure there are things you are good at. We all have our areas where we excel. You simply aren't capable of dealing with these arguments put out to you. That much is clear.

    You say you were top of your class, what was the program? Being top of your class is a very subjective thing. There are so many variables and without that info, your claim is meaningless.

    I dropped out in Gr.9 and only went back later and did 9, 10, 11 and 12 in one year at in a self paced course. I don't really count that as learning, it was all open book, tests and all. So if you don't count trade school and what I'm doing now, I have a 9th grade education. And I can demolish you in any debate regardless of the position. Flip a coin, I'll tear you down. Obviously being the top of your class isn't enough for what we're doing here.

  2. #17207
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    America
    Posts
    1,860
    You are right Syn, none of it was complicated, anyone can quote others but few if any have an original thought, BTW my program was Physical Therapy, so I will be glad to debate anything that is not subjective in Nature much like Philosophy Psychology or religion, which seems to be what you excell at. That is because no one is right or wrong in those areas. But I tire of your Condecending attitude and pompous personality. You are like food critics or movie critics you think you are much smarter than all others so you rate something a certain way and say this is good or that is good and believe you are a God somehow. But you arent. and will never be. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

  3. #17208
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    America
    Posts
    1,860

    By the Way

    I did not find the afore mentioned interacction to be confusing or Intellectual just Redundant. I was expressing others may have seen it, if you were that smart or that accomplished of a debater you would have known that. So if you train very hard you will probably become a Master debater but I am sure you are in other ways LOL. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

  4. #17209
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    You are right Syn, none of it was complicated, anyone can quote others but few if any have an original thought, BTW my program was Physical Therapy, so I will be glad to debate anything that is not subjective in Nature much like Philosophy Psychology or religion, which seems to be what you excell at. That is because no one is right or wrong in those areas. But I tire of your Condecending attitude and pompous personality. You are like food critics or movie critics you think you are much smarter than all others so you rate something a certain way and say this is good or that is good and believe you are a God somehow. But you arent. and will never be. KC
    Ok, well if you didn't find it complicated then you must have the ability to follow along. So why don't you give me a quick breakdown on what Wook and Wenshu were talking about? Is Wenshu an intellectual narcissist repeating other peoples ideas but Wook is not? Or are you saying that Wook is being a dick too? Can't have it both ways, son. In fact Wook even admitted that he tried to confuse the situation with "big words and ideas".

    I deal in the subjective worlds of innovation in technology and physics and the objective worlds of innovation in technology and physics. You need a grasp of both(subjectivity/objectivity) if you want to excel. I can participate in theoretical physics or I can go build a robot, or a house or tower(building). Subjectivity brings practicality to the next level. You can't just separate objectivity and subjectivity like that. They are both necessary for progress.

    I am not a god, I am god... Problem? That's not arrogance, it's physics. We are all one.

    I'm not condescending to everyone all the time. Just when it suits my goals. I'm actually quite objective in my methodology and once again you are reacting to me even tho I stated my goals and you said you weren't gonna give me any more satisfaction. Yet here you are. Hhmmm.

  5. #17210
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    I did not find the afore mentioned interacction to be confusing or Intellectual just Redundant. I was expressing others may have seen it, if you were that smart or that accomplished of a debater you would have known that. So if you train very hard you will probably become a Master debater but I am sure you are in other ways LOL. KC
    Haha yeah I'm a masterdebater.

    Why are you slowly changing your vocab? Hmm.... Feeling left out?


    Of course I saw the cul de sac in that lil exchange. Why do you think I just watched? I doubt either of them actually expected to sway the other. That being said, Wook laid it out and Wenshu brought it to him and took off with it. Wook did an OK job, but it's hard to defend a weak position against somebody who sees what you're doing.

  6. #17211
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,532
    Blog Entries
    6
    Haha yeah I'm a masterdebater.

    Why are you slowly changing your vocab? Hmm.... Feeling left out?
    HE'S FEELING THE RESULTS OF SQUARENICITY lol.
    I'm pretty sure the only thing tongs do nowadays is make sure Chinese restaurants don't pay out tips to their waiters. - Pazman[/B]

    https://scontent-b-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/...8a&oe=52848D36

  7. #17212
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Permanent state of Denial
    Posts
    2,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Haha yeah I'm a masterdebater.

    Why are you slowly changing your vocab? Hmm.... Feeling left out?


    Of course I saw the cul de sac in that lil exchange. Why do you think I just watched? I doubt either of them actually expected to sway the other. That being said, Wook laid it out and Wenshu brought it to him and took off with it. Wook did an OK job, but it's hard to defend a weak position against somebody who sees what you're doing.
    What was the weakness of my position? I agreed with Wenshu but urged the logical priority of the theory (apriorism) over history (sense evidence). He confirmed my premises in every sentence. His refutation amounted to a huffing and puffing

  8. #17213
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    right there
    Posts
    3,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    If you want evidence, you have to meet me, I wager. And if I toss you around and armbar or triangle you, you'd just say---Wookie, you don't represent SD. You have other training. Or if I post a good video--same result


    Based on the **** poor knowledge of grappling you displayed in your earlier conversation with Wenshu and Masterkiller I have a hard time believing you can toss armbar or triangle anyone. If you did in fact learn "grappling" your teacher seems to be as qualified to teach it as sin is to teach Kung Fu.

    I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

    left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

    handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

  9. #17214
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    What was the weakness of my position? I agreed with Wenshu but urged the logical priority of the theory (apriorism) over history (sense evidence). He confirmed my premises in every sentence. His refutation amounted to a huffing and puffing
    Yeah, I still don't want anything to do with that convo. To do my position any justice would require far more investment that I 'm willing to give. Why would I even bother? I only brought it up as a response to KC bringing it up.

    I'm still curious as to whether KC thinks you and Wenshu were both being intellectual narcissists or just Wenshu? Personally, I think he was reacting out of emotion and didn't think that one through. Wenshu was critical of him so Wenshus posts bother him because of his bias. You are an SD brother, so when he reads your words that bias isn't there. Weak sauce. I don't get that at all. I can have a heated argument with somebody then let it go and be fine with talking to them as soon as the subject is changed. I don't hold on to that shit. it's just not healthy. I have enough problems from external forces, I don't need to start creating more. Ask Bawang, we were insulting eachother like a month ago and now we talk like it's a new day. He's a man about it and didn't let his feelings stay hurt. I am the same. Over it.

  10. #17215
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,532
    Blog Entries
    6
    I'm still curious as to whether KC thinks you and Wenshu were both being intellectual narcissists or just Wenshu?
    LOL you noticed that too. i think shaolin do only fights with their intellects.
    but can't defend themselves unless they are wearing a Gi. lololol

    i bet these guys sit at their dinner tables with their gi's on.
    I'm pretty sure the only thing tongs do nowadays is make sure Chinese restaurants don't pay out tips to their waiters. - Pazman[/B]

    https://scontent-b-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/...8a&oe=52848D36

  11. #17216
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Permanent state of Denial
    Posts
    2,272
    Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    LOL you noticed that too. i think shaolin do only fights with their intellects.
    but can't defend themselves unless they are wearing a Gi. lololol

    i bet these guys sit at their dinner tables with their gi's on.
    I sleep in my gi. I just can't get enough of it. I'd marry it if I could. On a deeper psychological level, in some twisted way, I wish I was my gi.

  12. #17217
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    I sleep in my gi. I just can't get enough of it. I'd marry it if I could. On a deeper psychological level, in some twisted way, I wish I was my gi.
    i bang my woman in my gi and yell "tennoheika banzai"

    25th generation inner door disciple of Chen Style Practical Wombat Method
    Officially certified by Ethiopian Orthodox patriarch Abune Mathias
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat™®LLC Practical Wombat Method. international academy retreat

  13. #17218
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    America
    Posts
    1,860
    Why are you slowly changing your vocab? Hmm.... Feeling left out?

    Most of the time I dont have the effort or time to care about what you are saying, to me this is all just amusement. I also do not really care what is said about me or SD only one or 2 on here know who I am or what I am about. So dont flatter your self into thinking you or anyone on here scares aor intimidates or even bothers me in any way. Just FYI. KC have a happy Thanksgiving all.
    A Fool is Born every Day !

  14. #17219
    Your insecurities shine like a beacon in the desert darkness.

  15. #17220
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    America
    Posts
    1,860

    Syn 7

    You need to ask JP about my so called insecurities. If you see or think you see one please let me know what it is? I am not aware of it , that way I can rid myself of even "your" perception of what you think you see or perceive. The only reason I even respond to you is JP is away for now and I am bored. Syn you really need to get a real life and quit trying to read something in something of which you know nothing about. I say this out of genuine concern, you see although you are protected by a so called hidden identity , had I been insulted by you say 25 years ago, I would have been on your door step wanting a match , I have figured out however that mouths like you are every where and do not deserve even all the words I have wasted thus far. I always tell my kids " Stcks and stones may break my bones , but words may never harm me". I follow that philosophy If I didnt then alot of people whould have their butts kicked. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •