View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 959 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 45985990994995795895996096196910091059 ... LastLast
Results 14,371 to 14,385 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    There are no shenanigans (especially when someone says I'm exactly correct).
    *lol* Oh, the shenanigans aren't the sentiment of what was said. (Though they are shenanigans on the part of Sin The). The shenanigan here is the claim that this person is really the lawyer from the deposition. Anyone who has read the transcript and been participating in this forum could come to the conclusion he did. And wouldn't the real lawyer be prohibited from talking at all about a case that was settled out of court? I'm just hoping nobody is being fooled by this. I'm sure this person is someone who has frequented this forum and just wants to yank some chains by using the fictional authority of the lawyer to bash Sin The some more. I anticipate he will either disappear, never to be heard from again, without having revealed any information not already available to the public (which would be illegal to reveal anyway for an actual lawyer), or will devolve into name calling and Shaolin-Do bashing.
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow, you cannot pass!"

a shaolin do school opened up in phoenix. has anyone heard of a sifu named chuck burford? im curious about him i know he's connected to the Atlanta school so if you do pm me thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by UCT View Post
    The case ended so fast I didn't make as much as I normally make on this kind of case. By the way, it was you that called me just after the depositions were published, wasn't it?
    Yes it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by shaolin_allan View Post
    a shaolin do school opened up in phoenix. has anyone heard of a sifu named chuck burford? im curious about him i know he's connected to the Atlanta school so if you do pm me thanks.
    Yeah I know Chuck. Great guy... don't want to get hit by him if possible.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by shaolin_allan View Post
    Wow, so Shaolin Do is competing with CSC now? They are directly pushing into eachothers' territory? Is this the first shot in the soon-to-be named Great Shaolin War, or Shaolin-ageddon? Shaolin-Dopocalypse?
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow, you cannot pass!"

Chuck has been there for awhile now. He is the "replacement" for Jake. At one point with Sin The's blessing, Jake and Robert Gardner were both in Phoenix (actually one is in Phoenix the other is in Scottsdale) Jake was under Grooms and Mullins. When Jake left the system, Grooms put Chuck in as a replacement.

Schools

I live in Tennessee , good to see there is a losing of this territory crap. I am interested to see what happens when or if I open a school here in Tn as I do not train with Mullins or Grooms. But with Texas and Lexington instead. Any other schools broken away from SD or Sin The ?? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Teach wherever and whatever you want as long as you aren't interested in "staying in the system". If it's important to you to study under Leonard and Schaefer and have Sin The do your testing and teach a new form a couple of times a year - you are stuck with the territory crap

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    I live in Tennessee , good to see there is a losing of this territory crap. I am interested to see what happens when or if I open a school here in Tn as I do not train with Mullins or Grooms. But with Texas and Lexington instead. Any other schools broken away from SD or Sin The ?? KC
    So have you gone rogue? If not whats the atmosphere been like in the association?

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    If you open your own school, I would recommend buying insurance that includes coverage for copyright infringement.

curious. how many times has kwang been successful in a copyright infringement lawsuit? and by successful i mean how many lawsuits has he recovered $$ and forced the instructor to stop.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katmandu View Post
    curious. how many times has kwang been successful in a copyright infringement lawsuit? and by successful i mean how many lawsuits has he recovered $$ and forced the instructor to stop.
    Hamilton vs the', sin lost. There was a lawsuit involving vanover and moneymaker that I believe sin lost. Rhydberg(sp?) vs the, sin must have lost cause it looks like jake is still teaching the material and putting it in YouTube.

It would seem that SKT would let it alone and just go about his business. Looks like he has a lousy record in his lawsuits. Hiang has been pretty sharp about his business and I do not see him getting into that mess.

Katmandu....you obviously have been in the SD camp. Are you with Hiang, now? Went by to visit him when I got back to KY and enjoyed visiting with him.

Rogue

When you leave the fold u are Rogue, no one calls no one cares. why is that I wonder. Texas and Lexington was who i trained with. Not now though, no one cares I have been in SD for 21 years total and since I moved back to Tennessee I have been called 3 x by a friend in Texas. What a brother hood. They dont care it seems about you . KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

15. they arent all like that kwaichang.

I will reach out to you soon!