View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1168 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 16866810681118115811661167116811691170117812181268 ... LastLast
Results 17,506 to 17,520 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

No. Still not for real.

Many have said the Fukien Shaolin Temple does or did not exist . I found this reference in the Chy Li Fut History.
    History and Lineage of Choy Li Fut (Cai Li Fo)

Although known as a Southern system, Choy Li Fut 蔡李佛 kung fu has its origins in both Northern and Southern China. The system's founder, Chan Heung 陳享, had three teachers, two from the South and one from the North. Choy Li Fut is one of the few kung fu styles that is strongly influenced by both Northern and Southern Chinese kung-fu, combining the long arm techniques of the South with the quick agile footwork that characterizes Northern China's martial arts.

Choy Li Fut 蔡李佛 was founded in 1836 by Chan Heung 陳享, a well-known and highly-skilled martial artist of that period. Also known as Din Ying 典英 and Daht Ting 逹庭, Chan Heung was born on August 23, 1806 (7 moon 10th day of 1806 of the lunar calendar), in King Mui 京梅 (Jing Mei), a village in the San Woi 新會 (Xin Hui) district of Guangdong 廣東 province. His martial arts career began at age seven, when he went to live with his uncle, Chan Yuen-Woo 陳遠護. Yuen-Woo was a famous boxer from the legendary Shaolin temple in Fujian 褔建, China. From Chan Yuen-Woo, Chan Heung learned the art of Southern Shaolin kung-fu,

Well what about that there was a Fujien Shaolin Temple. That is what GMT said all along. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Hk

Hey man is this the Kung Fu you do ?
    http://youtu.be/tIc5t7PSLSc Not very impressive to me. KC

Question: are there any weapons considered exclusively kun tao?

SD people look familiar

http://youtu.be/730T4l23qpo
    4th road of Hua. KC
    http://youtu.be/UdWt28MFzwE
    1st road very similar to SD KC
    Last edited by kwaichang; 12-01-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Ummm, no.... Considering the background you claim, you should know what style that is just by looking at it. It's VERY obvious what it is.

Attack the attack

Quote Originally Posted by JSE View Post
    I saw another video where the instructor was teaching to attack the opponents fist. Multiple hand,elbow, and knee strikes to the FIST! I'm no expert by any means and there might have been a logical reason for that, but I don't see it.
    I had a Ninjitsu practitioner (from Stephen Hayes' llineage) instruct that their technique says, instead of warding or stopping an attack, attack it: strike, punch, etc., that attacking limb to damage it, and then attack the attacker (not necessarily 1 then 2, also to be simultaneous).
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    http://youtu.be/730T4l23qpo
    4th road of Hua. KC
    http://youtu.be/UdWt28MFzwE
    1st road very similar to SD KC
    I think that is old news KC.

This was posted some time ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjmFo...ure=plpp_video
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Quote Originally Posted by One student View Post
    I had a Ninjitsu practitioner (from Stephen Hayes' llineage) instruct that their technique says, instead of warding or stopping an attack, attack it: strike, punch, etc., that attacking limb to damage it, and then attack the attacker (not necessarily 1 then 2, also to be simultaneous).
    Several years ago at a TKD tournament our students did very well blocking and punching the TKD students kicks. They started to kick a lot less. It did my heart well. I feel insulted when they expose their groin the entire time they are fighting and we aren't allowed to attack it. (For the record, we allow groin attacks in SD tournaments)
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab

I had a Ninjitsu practitioner (from Stephen Hayes' llineage) ...
    Man I miss ninjas. Can we bring the 80s back?

I could even stomach some Surf Ninjas.
    -shaolinarab

Ninja Turtles

Quote Originally Posted by themeecer View Post
    Man I miss ninjas. Can we bring the 80s back?

I could even stomach some Surf Ninjas.
    You know TMNT's are making a comeback.
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

You know TMNT's are making a comeback.
    I thought they killed that. Which was good .. because Michael Bay was going to make them aliens.

I may need to sit down and watch Revenge of the Ninja on netflix tonight to get my ninja fix in.
    -shaolinarab

On a side note, the following video has restored my faith in a brotherhood across martial arts styles. This MMA student brought honor to his teacher and his school.

I know this type of comrade will be foreign to some of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDIb9TWy-78
    -shaolinarab

Blog Entries
    The fire whip is a very long rope with something on the end that's on fire. Performed like a rope dart. I've seen master Hiang perform this in his 60's. it was ver impressive. He puts a lot of energy and power in his swings.
    yeah. i've seen hawaiian dancers do that same thing. who else have you seen do it?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries
    this is NO honor amongst THIEVES. period.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better