View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 645 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1455455956356436446456466476556957451145 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,675 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Attention EVERYONE!!

I have recently been having people on this board saying things about me on this board and behind my back that I do not like. Many of them are personal to me and NO one's business but my own. If you want to know something ask , if you say something or tell others make sure it was true , and last but not least have the B A L L S enough to come to me about it. .

Basically F U C K YOU!!!

And for any one that wants some, bring a first-aid box and a lunch . Your going to need the first aid and I will be hungry!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    I have recently been having people on this board saying things about me on this board and behind my back that I do not like. Many of them are personal to me and NO one's business but my own. If you want to know something ask , if you say something or tell others make sure it was true , and last but not least have the B A L L S enough to come to me about it. .

Basically F U C K YOU!!!

And for any one that wants some, bring a first-aid box and a lunch . Your going to need the first aid and I will be hungry!!!
    I guess this is what's known as a thread-grenade...

...don't tell him I said so...but that tatooedmonk guy is an *******...

...pass it on..

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post

Basically F U C K YOU!!!

Dude, if you have something to say, say it.
    Don't beat around the bush, tells us how you really feel.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

And Now For Something Completely Different....

Here's a story about children who suffer strokes (a rare occurrence). My friend runs his own school here in Knoxville and this child's parents brought him for private lessons when they were dissatisfied with the therapy the child was getting. He's doing pretty good and here's a local news story on Andrew, his stroke and his recovery so far.

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/18668019.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

That's Why I Study SD!!! :-)

That was awesome JP. I'd like to meet that young man and his instructor some time.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

Quote Originally Posted by BentMonk View Post
    That was awesome JP. I'd like to meet that young man and his instructor some time.
    You're welcome anytime in Knoxville. Daniel's a good instructor. It would be good for Andrew to see someone like yourself too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Inspiring story - thanks for posting that JP.
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Here's a story about children who suffer strokes (a rare occurrence). My friend runs his own school here in Knoxville and this child's parents brought him for private lessons when they were dissatisfied with the therapy the child was getting. He's doing pretty good and here's a local news story on Andrew, his stroke and his recovery so far.

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/18668019.html
    We had a young dude that had just recovered from a brain tumor, I believe, who had been through kemotherapy. The story was in the local newspaper. I remember when he first walked through the doors of SD. I think I was teaching him his first day's material, and he had trouble with basic coordination. I would tell him to step forward with his right foot, punch with his right hand, etc....you know, the basics. Well, he had a hard time getting his body to respond. In six months, this kid was doing things I don't think he thought he'd do ever again. Now, he's as coordinated as any of the other students and can remember all of his forms correctly.

That's cool stuff when you see it firsthand.

The brain can be termed as plastic and young people lay down tracks much easier than older folks that is why they have a more complete recovery post stroke or TBI. The cool thing about our 1-30 is after #1 the brain has to control both sides of the body at the same time , punch left and kick right etc. I like these stories. Many years ago in Clarksville there was a guy in a wheel chair who was training with us he was a Para and was great fighter on the ground or from his chair KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    The brain can be termed as plastic and young people lay down tracks much easier than older folks that is why they have a more complete recovery post stroke or TBI. The cool thing about our 1-30 is after #1 the brain has to control both sides of the body at the same time , punch left and kick right etc. I like these stories. Many years ago in Clarksville there was a guy in a wheel chair who was training with us he was a Para and was great fighter on the ground or from his chair KC
    Yeah. Looking at what basic SD can do for your body/mind, just on coordination alone, is astounding. Not to mention what the constant repitition and memory does for your mind. You rarely get into a position you've never been in before in some form or another, so you can figure out how to get back out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
    What i am asking is there any other alternatives to learn martial arts rather than going to the only place available to you? The shaolin do here looked very sloppy, brown belts are very sloppy and wobbly, the older blackbelts seem to have better form, but the room is just way too small for it and i do not think the respect and discipline are practiced very well there. There was a Teenager swinging a sword around while little kids were walking behind him. Sloppy very sloppy. I know this doesnt reflect on the other schools, but this one just is not my cup of tea. Any training videos with step by step lessions or anything would help.

Thanks in advance,

Freebird
    LOL......take a class, go through the skimpy workout before your white belt class, and see if you can throw one structured punch without collapsing. I'll give you money if you can.

My forms are at their absolute worst during a class session. The reason? They work you the **** out before you even get to your forms.

You want a forms demo, ask 'em at some other point. But then, don't ask the high-ranking student who practices once a week and has passed every belt test with a D average.....LOL......

Freebird, unfortunately martial arts history is dominated by names of people who happened to meet the right people and/or live in the right place. Having a certain teacher or learning a particular style at a particular time have been huge for the raising of prosperous schools, which of course is what generates strong students because the worse money is the lower the requirements.

PM me your location and I'll see if I can help you find a school, but no matter what, you've got to be close to a good teacher if you want the best education. Many people make huge moves or sacrifices for this. If you're serious, think about it.

I myself made my own career sacrifices just for Shaolin, and I encourage students to follow their hearts and dreams. If you know of a teacher in NYC or LA or Texas that impresses you, then go.

The bible says,

Matthew 6:25-34 (King James Version)
    King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain
    [A Public Domain Bible] [KJV at Zondervan] [Zondervan]

25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
    my point? they say when the student is ready the teacher will appear. Go where you can and if you can go, then do. No matter what, you will get what you need.

Buenos Suerte.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlin View Post
    Freebird, unfortunately martial arts history is dominated by names of people who happened to meet the right people and/or live in the right place. Having a certain teacher or learning a particular style at a particular time have been huge for the raising of prosperous schools, which of course is what generates strong students because the worse money is the lower the requirements.

PM me your location and I'll see if I can help you find a school, but no matter what, you've got to be close to a good teacher if you want the best education. Many people make huge moves or sacrifices for this. If you're serious, think about it.

I myself made my own career sacrifices just for Shaolin, and I encourage students to follow their hearts and dreams. If you know of a teacher in NYC or LA or Texas that impresses you, then go.

The bible says,

my point? they say when the student is ready the teacher will appear. Go where you can and if you can go, then do. No matter what, you will get what you need.

Buenos Suerte.
    *Hand grinding into forehead*

For, as Rabelais says:

"Heark, what our Privy sayes to the Skyters:

Shittard
    Squirtard
    Crackard
    Turdous
    Thy bung
    Hath flung
    Some dung
    On us:
    Filthard
    Cackard
    Stinkard:
    St. Antonie's fire seize on
    thy toane,
    If thy
    Dirty
    Dounby
    Thou do not wipe ere
    thou be gone.

Will you have any more of it? Yes, yes, (answered Grangousier.) Then said Gargantua,

In shiting yesday I did know
    The sesse I to my arse did owe:
    The smell was such came from that slunk,
    That I was with it all bestunk:
    O had but then some brave Signor
    Brought her to me I waited for,
    In shiting:
    I would have cleft her watergap,
    And joyn'd it close to my flipflap,
    Whilest she had with her fingers guarded
    My foule Nockandrow, all bemerded
    In shiting."

Thought that there might be someone who would be inspired in this article. You may have to scroll down to read it http://www.bjjcenter.com/multimedia/...hp?ArticleID=4
    Last edited by BM2; 05-11-2008 at 06:55 AM.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching