View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 793 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2936937437837917927937947958038438931293 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,895 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Ahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha yeah right!!!

Sure but the basic stance and hold work is lacking. The philosophy seems to be to do a stance X # of times the more you do it the better it will be. This is true to a point but if the basic core work / stance training is lacking then short comings occur. I like the Mantis stance routine on both sides with 20 -30 second holds about 10 reps to start with. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Sure but the basic stance and hold work is lacking. The philosophy seems to be to do a stance X # of times the more you do it the better it will be. This is true to a point but if the basic core work / stance training is lacking then short comings occur. I like the Mantis stance routine on both sides with 20 -30 second holds about 10 reps to start with. KC
    So, someone that has these issues, you would recommend a corrective exercise regimine, focusing on the core muscles within the lumbo pelvic hip complex, what about myofascial releasing techniques???
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 05-31-2009 at 01:35 PM.

What issues are you speaking of KC

What issues are you speaking of KC
    Adducted and externally rotated knees, externally rotated flat feet, Anterior pelvic tilt. Etc

what is the cause accident genetic etc. KC

what is the cause accident genetic etc. KC
    I was just posting examples of issues I run into all the times. I am just seeing if we are on the same page.I understand that some issues can not be corrected if there is certain genetic issues and or accidental disfigurements. Generally speaking though , do you think most postural distortions and muscular imbalances can be corrected with the proper time and effort put on a specific corrective exercise regimine and myofascial releasing techniques???,

Will & Effort

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    I was just posting examples of issues I run into all the times. I am just seeing if we are on the same page.I understand that some issues can not be corrected if there is certain genetic issues and or accidental disfigurements. Generally speaking though , do you think most postural distortions and muscular imbalances can be corrected with the proper time and effort put on a specific corrective exercise regimine and myofascial releasing techniques???,
    I have had experience training people with very diverse physical and mental challenges. The proper instruction and exercises are a must of course, but in the end the success often depends more on the will power of the person and the effort they're willing to put forth. There will be definite limits to be sure, but IMO they should be pushed as far as possible, as often as possible.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

Tibial torsion can be caused by W sitting as a youth for too long typically this is difficult to correct and may require surgery, anterior tilt is due at times to increased lordoses of the LB and maybe due to tight hip flexors Thomas stretch with over pressure may help to change this along with MFR /deep tissue to the low back / quadratus Lumborum. Theres more to it than that though I believe structural chaNGES CAN OCCUR OVER TIME JUST LIKE FLEXIBILITY CAN BE INCREASED OVER TIME. Oops sorry about the cap lock KC
    Last edited by kwaichang; 05-31-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BentMonk View Post
    I have had experience training people with very diverse physical and mental challenges. The proper instruction and exercises are a must of course, but in the end the success often depends more on the will power of the person and the effort they're willing to put forth. There will be definite limits to be sure, but IMO they should be pushed as far as possible, as often as possible.
    That's where a good teacher comes in. I believe that most of us have the will its just a matter of finding the right person to show us the way.

Tibial torsion can be caused by W sitting as a youth for too long typically this is difficult to correct and may require surgery, anterior tilt is due at times to decreased lordoses of the LB and maybe due to tight hip flexors Thomas stretch with over pressure may help to change this along with MFR /deep tissue to the low back / quadratus Lumborum. Theres more to it than that though I believe structural chaNGES CAN OCCUR OVER TIME JUST LIKE FLEXIBILITY CAN BE INCREASED OVER TIME. Oops sorry about the cap lock KC
    Cool . I like talking shop with guys who know what I know and more. It gives me great insight and is very humbling. I have been having a discussion in another forum about this subject and most agree with me but others are " my sifu said".....BLAHBLAHBLAH. Times have changed and there is more scientific data to substantiate why you should or shouldnt do something , how to change these issues and how to do exercises properly etc. Thanks for your responses.

god just when i thought this thread couldnt suck more lmao

Thats right and then you came back Go Ju , try to add something positive next time, or is all this too far above your head? KC

The most prevalent injury in SD and other CMA is the SI dysfunction and L5 S1 disk problems with assoc soft tissue tightness and imbalances like quad to H/S ratio being the most common. KC What do you think Go Ju does the aponeurosis of the muscle have anything to do with this ??? I will give you time to look this one up. hahahahah KC

Ill give Go Ju all night to respond and look that one up. KC