View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 84 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586941341845841084 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Parting the Horses Mane

Parting the Horses Mane

Yes, that is what I am talking about in the 24 form. At the point where you step forward and rock back on the forward foot, everyone in my classes kind of stops there for a few seconds before turning back the other way. Again though, all of this is usually taught by a first degree or second degree black sash so I think alot of mimicking goes on. Somebody started doing it this way and it became the norm. And also, we were told once that we should take 20 minutes to do the 24 form, and this is very slow indeed. Dunno on the ramifications positive, negative or neutral on this.

I agree that there was probably too much I was learning at once. But, it was sold to me that way. Originally I had planned to just learn the "kung fu" side in the normal progression but an e-mail was put out by the then sifu of the school that learning both would be a good idea and there was even a special rate if you did them both at the same time.

Oh .. you're talking about tai chi 24. I don't know that one.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword
    Why dont you guys sit down with your "Masters" and DISCUSS the finer of the Finer points OF YOUR HISTORY AND LINEAGE. Talk about THAT for lets say hmmmm
    4 hours?
    TWS
    Why do you sit down with one of them sometime and we will discuss the finer points of getting that bug out of your a$$.

You appear to be a very bitter boy TWS, let it go....you will feel so much better in the long run. I am very sorry that your trainiing wasn't up to the "challenge", but please, try to move on.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

I like to sit around and BS as much as the next guy, but I don't think that any even semi serious martial artist would say that 4 hours spent discussing lineage is a better use of time than 4 hours discussing mechanics of techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by BM2
    I have noticed that several times on this and other forums you have made statements of other's looks. Would you show us a pic of yourself so that we may critique it? As you are in your middle 30s giving us your age is not needed. One showing us how "ripped" you are would suffice.
    HA HA HA HA
    I bet it gets posted right after Hedge's video
    That's me with the monk spade from Taiji Legacy 2003.

I'm 32 years old, 6'0, 175 lbs. I have a 32-in. waist.

You want a closer look? Come to OKC.

Now, you pony up old man.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 09-27-2006 at 12:44 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Why do you sit down with one of them sometime and we will discuss the finer points of getting that bug out of your a$$.
    This reads like a veiled threat to me haha but i like the give and take here with you GT. But you know something? It really doesnt change anything. Your school will always be less than what it really could be in the martial arts realm.
    because of what your school claims and how it is taught it will ALWAYS be the fake shaolin school and non cma.

And you and the rest of your "kin" will go around in forums like these reasoning and rationalizing what the rest of us already know. this is entertainment here you DO realize that? You guys are entertainment,,with the exception of a few Sd people here who seem to have a decent head on their shoulders.

It must be hard for you GT and the other good soldiers there to know that you have absolutely NO respect in the martial arts community,,and if yoour school even tried to go outside your perspective range you would get laughed off the floor.
    Its aggravating i know that you are unable to have a decent conversation with people who actually KNOW about shaolin martial arts and chinese martial arts for that matter.
    I will bet it is also aggravating when you are talking with some other martial artists and they ask you what you study and you tell them that the dynamic changes in the conversation,,it then becomes a "justification" session.
    Can you fight GT? well im sure that you can,,any fool can put up their fists and assume a stance and go at it...but that is about all that you are capable of. and there is always someone better isnt there?
    hey i have realized that fact of life and i have no regrets in my challenges and my losses and my victories,,,the regret i do have is that i allowed myself to be in your organization for as long as i did.

as far as letting things go GT? whether i want to accept it or not Sd will be a part of me,,even though i disregard everything i was taught there now,,but if i can use my experiences there to my advantage and educate people whenever i am asked about your school i will do so and i am GLAD at EVERY time i persuade a person to look elsewhere and it makes me feel GOOD to know that i have steered someone to utilize his/her time dedication and money to something else WORTHY OF IT.

Peace,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    That's me with the monk spade from Taiji Legacy 2003.

I'm 32 years old, 6'0, 175 lbs. I have a 32-in. waist.

You want a closer look? Come to OKC.

Now, you pony up old man.
    Actually, it would be better if you did one without a shirt as I will be posting. Just a little more time with the Adobe photoshop and I will be done.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

nice kick bm2.
    I wish I were that flexible,
    but alas the blasted pepsi cola continues to ruin my martial arts day by day.
    In 2 years I'll be 30 I'll post a pic then if this thread is still alive

HAHAHAHA!

What are you, like 18 in it? That's a big step back from 44....or even 32.

I posted a recent pic.

When I was 18, I was pretty cut, too.

I would post a 26 year-old pic, but I was just 6 then and it probably wouldn't do much for you.

Like I said, let's see you now, old man.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 03-13-2005 at 02:15 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

LOL!
    I meant I would post the one I am "doctoring" with photoshop! Still trying to find some pic on the web so that I can can switch heads with it!
    Here I am polishing off the last of the strawberry shortcake when I had to read that.
    Edit: Man I can't believe I look this bad
    Last edited by BM2; 03-13-2005 at 05:10 PM.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Dam BM2, you need to do some pushups, or lift some weights... or something.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Or take up kung fu.

haha jus kidd'n
    couldnt resist.

That's what happens when you get into these "challanges" ! Remember to post your pic!
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Quote from SevenStar

It's in that issue of kung fu magazine that you're holding up

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......