View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 86 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788961361865861086 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Nice tat man. I didn't know you were the arm band type, but, then again, you are from Oklahoma!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Celtic band on the left, celtic cross on the right. And maybe a couple of others I'm not showing until you buy me dinner.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 03-22-2005 at 08:11 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    BM2,
    That's about as good as I can get it. The lighting in my bedroom is dark so the flash fuks with the mirror. Anyway, where's that Hedge video....?

*Vomits*

*Vomits again*

*Vomits bile*

Too much man for you, Fu?
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 03-14-2005 at 07:20 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

okay okay

you guys showing off your bare chest and tats and all and your comments are wayyy too h0m0'esq. unless you guys ARE h0m0s and then i respect your choice in life and what you were apparently born with,,or some sh!t like that.

If your not then WTF is the matter with you guys???????

PEACE,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

It is a sausage love fest in here.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Thumbs up

The one time everybody seems to be getting along fine is when everyone is naked.
    bless.

Thumbs up

oh yeah ,
    and cool tatoos MK

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen
    I think that I'm guilty of modifying my forms slightly based upon the applications that I recognize in the form. If I see a throw in a certina sequence, then I start to favor the techniques that imply that technique and make them more prominent. Example: Short Form # 12.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Then there are things that become hibitual that aren't there. Watch when I test next week, see if I don't put a cover/shed in with Number 4 sparring technique before the sweep. That is, if you guys are awake over there while all of the brown sashes are doing that stuff. lol

-Will
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman

Well MK I didn't really think you would do it. I guess I have to fake that Hedge video and put in my two boys I'll get the fake blood out too!
    LMAO at the last couple of pages of this thread, at least it got light hearted for a change. While I may disagree with you most of the time, I will admit that there are some valid points raised by you. But you need to ask yourself this.................Do I really want to be in agreement with the likes of fred stanford? That ole fish eye fool? I just as well start calling you Grady
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Quote Originally Posted by BM2
    Well MK I didn't really think you would do it. I guess I have to fake that Hedge video and put in my two boys I'll get the fake blood out too!
    Just use Macho Man Randy Savage and Jake the Snake. They're unemployeed and cheap these days.

-Will
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman

But you need to ask yourself this.................Do I really want to be in agreement with the likes of fred stanford? That ole fish eye fool? I just as well start calling you Grady
    Don't start with me. pretty much everyone on this forum can see what shaolin-do is(n't).

You ever think that maybe Sin The got himself into such great shape to draw attention away from the fact that his martial arts knowledge really isn't all so great? I never have cared much for shaolin kung fu but his stuff is so mind numbingly bad that I'm almost at a loss for words, almost.

Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford
    You ever think that maybe Sin The got himself into such great shape to draw attention away from the fact that his martial arts knowledge really isn't all so great?
    Sure, and the rest of us learned to fight real well to cover up that fact as well.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab

Aah yes. Being able to fight makes it "Authentic Shaolin". I guess I keep forgetting that part...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus
    Aah yes. Being able to fight makes it "Authentic Shaolin". I guess I keep forgetting that part...
    Well you keep changing the criteria. Either you don't like our lineage or you don't think we 'understand' our forms or you don't think we can fight. I can't keep up with it all. I believe our lineage, I have compared the forms I specialize in to other practioners out there and found it to be the same, and I have used it to defend myself on multiple occasions. Satisfies me. Heck, you can argue lineage all day long while I am knocking your head into the ground, if you like. Since that is what some of you have proved you spend the most time at. (And no .. I don’t want to knock your head into the ground)
    -shaolinarab