View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 899 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 399799849889897898899900901909949999 ... LastLast
Results 13,471 to 13,485 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    yes actually i do think i am a way better kicker compared to super foot as far as benny i dont remember watching him fight or train so i cant answer that
    wow! that is a bold statement! i would love to see what your practice actually looks like.

benny is pretty good from what i hear... a friend of mine is a black belt under him and speaks highly of his skills in kickboxing.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

i can kick with both legs and am more fluid and powerful trust me

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

http://www.vidoemo.com/yvideo.php?i=...contact-fights
    i dunno he looks very stiff here and awkward not to mention he doesnt pull his kicks back after he throws them and leaves them hanging out there( a sign of a bad kicker) his stance is also very side ways

i would say theres probably quite a few people on this board who are better kickers than him

http://www.vidoemo.com/yvideo.php?i=...kwondo-ko-best
    and then when you compare superfoots kicks to this for example you see why i am not impressed with his kicking abilities

Lmao

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
    ah so you just saw the meteor fist demo vid huh

http://www.vidoemo.com/yvideo.php?i=...n-germany-1992
    lol notice how he almost falls on his face every time he tries to throw a hook kick?
    whats with the double paddy cake paddy cake kick after it either?

If you think those pop corn kicks of your clip is good , I give up. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

10,000 Lotus Blooming coming in March!!!
    BQ

I saw that. I thought Master Sin was reluctant to teach this form because you needed to be really ripped with specific muscle group control in order to do this form?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I saw that. I thought Master Sin was reluctant to teach this form because you needed to be really ripped with specific muscle group control in order to do this form?
    According to EML there's no point striking or force used at all.....it's an inhancement to meteor fist....it's all about learning how to use your Chi to move all parts of your body.....Internal work.....pretty cool.
    BQ

10,000 Lotus Blooming

This is why people come back to and stay with SD amid all the criticism. For all the faults of the system and some of the practitioners, GMS has material that can't be found anywhere else. Sometimes I think that makes non-SD'ers jealous, thus some of (but not all of) the criticism.

Does anyone have a book, video, DVD, etc., of 10,000 Lotus Blooming, either from when he first mentioned it 20-30 years ago, or up to now? Or know of any?
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

One more point on pressure point fighting

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    In 1978 i was in Nashville Tn. I was attacked at a theatre, by this guy at this time I was and had bneen taught that all MA was pressure points. Maybe just my teachers opinion. Anyway he attacked I was taught to hit certain points and I did it was Liver 13 and St 9 he went down and I ran off. It was over. the guy was big and strong. Luck maybe but I was taught the combo and I hit it, I was trained that way.
    In MA one is taught to focus Chi or Ki in the area from the 1st 2 knuckles or what ever striking area of the body. It can be done if you take the time to do it. Here is a fun drill have someone blow bubbles alot of them and see how many you can burst with one finger or kick with the big toe in each time before they areall gone. A fun game but very functional. Also there are 720 points in the body not all are effective to hit. But that is alot KC
    Watch carefully the new trailer for the new Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr. One scene he is instructing on a fighting technigue, showing and telling a three point combination behind left ear, right rib cage, front of throat. He's pressre point fighting. I'd like to see where that came from.

And in the bare-chested pit fight, he is clearly doing some kind of exotic martial arts, I think again TCMA in origin.
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

Quote Originally Posted by One student View Post
    Watch carefully the new trailer for the new Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr. One scene he is instructing on a fighting technigue, showing and telling a three point combination behind left ear, right rib cage, front of throat. He's pressre point fighting. I'd like to see where that came from.
    Not so much... he's just using tender/"vital" areas to strike that any Marquis de Queensbury boxer would strike for the era...

And in the bare-chested pit fight, he is clearly doing some kind of exotic martial arts, I think again TCMA in origin.
    He's a Wing Chun practitioner.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Blog Entries
    This is why people come back to and stay with SD amid all the criticism. For all the faults of the system and some of the practitioners, GMS has material that can't be found anywhere else. Sometimes I think that makes non-SD'ers jealous, thus some of (but not all of) the criticism.

Does anyone have a book, video, DVD, etc., of 10,000 Lotus Blooming, either from when he first mentioned it 20-30 years ago, or up to now? Or know of any?
    Well your right it does keep people coming back(and spending money). And this is why sin the does it. Keep 'em spending that dollar!
    Why wait till your senior students are almost 70 years old before you teach them the good stuff. Now their too old to use it. Doesn't make sense.