View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1178 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 17867810781128116811761177117811791180118812281278 ... LastLast
Results 17,656 to 17,670 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Snipsky, you must be late to the game and missed the part where hskwarrior Gcontinually berated the wishes of a grieving widow at her husband's funeral. He continually did that even though the deceased's student was treating him with the patience of Job. That is what had my hackles up. Most if not all the SD guys on here have been free with their names and locations. Show more respect?!?! Holy freaking crap! You must be joking. Are you blind to the lack of respect given to us by hskwarrior and many others on here? I could go on a month rampage slapping old women and orphans and never reach the level of disrespect shown by our detractors on here.
    curious.....this is you themeecer? nice tan

Blog Entries
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Don't you mean you could NOT care less?

You have until christmas to produce this amazing evidence. If it doesn't happen, you have PROVEN that you are a poseur. Better start workin on that PDF, son.
    If you knew what was meant why did you ask? Save you dramatics for someone else , son
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 12-04-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    If you knew what was meant why did you ask? Save you dramatics for someone else , son
    21 days...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    I'll have to check out tong zi gong.

It's clear to me that the intent of the SD i chin ching is to build strength through isometric exercises. Combine this with the breathing and I think this is a very nice set.

@ Leto or others: Is the "traditional" 12-posture i chin ching done with dynamic or other tension? What is the underlying training objective/intent of the set?
    Yes, the 12 postures are practiced with dynamic tension. It's intent in general is increasing strength and flexibility, internally and externally, with all the benefits that come with that for martial arts and health in general.
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow, you cannot pass!"

I started a B-Boy crew called Dynamic Tension in the late 90's. Always seemed like an apt name.

Tong Zi Gong is the kind of thing you wanna do as a child. Good base. Not something I would personally choose to pick up later in life.

Blog Entries
    I started a B-Boy crew called Dynamic Tension in the late 90's. Always seemed like an apt name.
    my sifu still tells stories of how i used to carry linoleum with me everywhere ready to battle.

Ha, we were too lazy for that. I can't even tell you how many times we just rocked out with the hoodie up and concrete. I remember I used to always clown my friend cause he always had scar tissue buildup at the centerline. My hair is straight, so I always wore a hat or hood. My friend tony had the the thick afro corn braids, that guy would headslide like 20 feet on hardwood, unfreakinbelievable. It always pissed me off when the shortbus kids would come in with helmets. Like, really? That's just ridiculous. I have spun on my head so many times I would even try to pull out a number and my head is fine. Tougher, but fine. I can still feel soft touch and I can spin on my head without a hat, I just prefer one. And on concrete you kinda have to. My other friend dusty with the scars would get over excited and just go for it. I'll never forget how dumb he is. One time he did like 4 airflares on a 5 x 5 foot raised speaker platform about 10 feet high. He's so lucky his run was clean. The key to being a good BBoy is making your mistakes look intentional. Being able to come in and out of anything from any position at any time. Keep it smooth and know your limits. If you feel your off balance just pull out. Much better than crashing hard in front of 500 people judging you every second. Although we did have some crazy moments at drunken house parties where going huge was the only point. Somebody always got hurt and some dumb fucker always leaned into the cipher at the wrong time and got the shit knocked out of them from a flying foot. Ah, the good ol days.

When I was 22, I went to a Fred Villari school in New Hampshire.
    I am 45, soon to be 46 in a couple weeks.

I still have the black plastic Kubotan with Fred Villari etched on it, somewhere.

At the time I really didn't know much of anything about the martial art styles.

I didn't know Shaolin Kempo Karate was a hybrid of several styles.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    my sifu still tells stories of how i used to carry a hogie with me everywhere ready to battle.
    Fixed that for ya.

Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    my sifu used to play hide the salami with me after class. oh how i loved it when he picked me. I was one of the best in our school at this game.
    wow, you're pretty open with this. seems like you've accepted the idea of being the secret hiding place for human salami.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 12-05-2012 at 08:03 AM.

As I said earlier...now buried in this mess of previous posts...

I mentioned this thread crossing 1K in my publisher's corner in our new JAN+FEB 2013 issue. I'm horrified that we're now at 1143 pages. That's another 143 in about a month.

Talk about feeding the monkey. And by monkey, I mean forum trolls.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I mentioned this thread crossing 1K in my publisher's corner in our new JAN+FEB 2013 issue. I'm horrified that we're now at 1143 pages. That's another 143 in about a month.

Talk about feeding the monkey. And by monkey, I mean forum trolls.
    I'd bet hsk and syn7 account for at least 75% of those posts...with only 1% of those filled with meaningful information. The other 99% are pics, slang, and big bold letters.