View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 643 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1435435936336416426436446456536937431143 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,645 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by BM2 View Post
    I haven't been out in your part of the woods since I was a kid. They BBQ everything out there, mutton etc. Also I recall sourgham that was made and I still enjoy on biscuits, ruhbarb pies, blackberry dumplings and the cobblers too. Those paper mills used to smell just like ****.
    My Mom grew up in Hawesville in Han**** County on the road that takes you to the bridge. I recall when it was a ferry that took you across to Tell City IN and having to wait on it each way. She had family in Lewisport, Cloverport in KY and Tell City over in IN.

Seems as if the program doesn't like Hanc o c k county. Gene has to laugh at that one. Han ****, I think he might be a Han.
    LOL that is where i met my wife in cloverport.. Very small town blink and you will miss it. I used to party in Tell City Indiana, we used to kickbox there to. Nobody knew what the hell they were doing but it was fun sparring and getting bruised up like morons. Good ol days.
    Last edited by Freebird; 05-01-2008 at 08:29 AM.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    I have never had mutton. What is it? I have seen it on the menu at this BBQ restaurant (Billy's BBQ) here in Lexington but never got it. They have the best BBQ ribs though.

Lamb meat, shredded like a bbq sandwich.

mmmmm, sounds good. I'll have to get it next time i go to the BBQ place.

To say that it has a unique odor about it while it cooks is an understament, you might not ever eat it if you smell it But the dumplings are the same as what is put in the chicken and dumplings only it is like a cobbler without the crust, dumplings instead. Oh is it good. I ate so much once that I was passing blue the next day I suppose that was the last time I had turtle was out there.
    But that place has to be infested with chiggers. I could just walk to the house and get ate up with them.
    I recall reading about a boat getting stuck out there at Hawesville about ten years ago, was it the Mississipi Queen? My Mom said her cousins would swim from IN as teenagers. It must be narrower there.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Oh yeah, back to the topic, well the topic of the day. Tai Chi is the way to go right now, at least in my humble opinion. I tore the discs at L4-L5, L5-S1 and luckly for me, the shots into my spine worked. It sounds as if you have pressure on L4-L5 due to the loss of strength in you leg. My brother also had to walk for months with a cane and had two surgeries, one to correct the first. I have problems with my knees and I have narrowing of the openings in the vertabras in my neck resulting in loss of strength in my left arm. I had to drop out of BJJ for three months to let it heal once. Almost got hooked on Hydrocodein as I needed it just to make through the night to sleep.
    I am lucky to not have any of those too severe. Sure they take turns flairing up. I was very neverous about my back the most, as are you. I couldn't raise my arms past my chest when it was the worst. Never want to feel that pain again, just like that kidney stone. Until you feel real pain, you just don't understand what it is to be afraid of it again and the worry of providing for your faimly.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

yeah my L3 L4 and L5 vertibrates were messed up, really bad arthritis in it now.. Sometimes it swells i guess and feels like my lower half of my body is just falling off, but i deal with it. They want me to take coritizone shots or whatever it is but they are not sticking a needle in my back.. No way lol.. Some people live by them but lol ill deal with the pain for about a week or so till the swelling goes down then im good. sometimes i can feel my back shifting in that area and i just grab the counter top and let my legs hang and it stops.. I guess its realaigns it, not sure, but sure feels better once i do it. takes the pressure off my legs anway. Im with you guys Tai chi is probably best. Just finding one that i can learn from locally is the problem. Id prefer an online training and go in every so often to be checked/tested. Just notsure what all it persists of and what i need to do or who to look for.
    Last edited by Freebird; 05-01-2008 at 09:12 AM.

Free bird I would start with the I Chi Ching's and do them for a while before starting active MA training they are awesome just dont push it too fast start with 5 each progressing up to 10 then so on. Dont let them goad you into too much too soon. Then start Pakua and Tai Chi Monitor your back with PaKua KC
    BTW GMT got ripped on Fish and Rice and sometimes Chicken smal amountys 5x per day so I was told. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Free bird I would start with the I Chi Ching's and do them for a while before starting active MA training they are awesome just dont push it too fast start with 5 each progressing up to 10 then so on. Dont let them goad you into too much too soon. Then start Pakua and Tai Chi Monitor your back with PaKua KC
    BTW GMT got ripped on Fish and Rice and sometimes Chicken smal amountys 5x per day so I was told. KC
    He's still ripped at 65....not much different than the picture
    BQ

BTW GMT got ripped on Fish and Rice and sometimes Chicken smal amountys 5x per day so I was told.

That, and working out 14 hours a day! The man was a machine back when he decided to shed the pounds and get ripped. He would invite some of us to come by the gym and workout with him...wasn't even funny. I think Master F lasted the longest with him and that was just 2 hours or so.

fish, rice, brocolli and those evil little chili's...BM2 probably remembers those 8am workouts....
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

I not sure how it's spelled but he was big on the orange roughy and shark as it wasn't so fishy but more meaty. I lost ten pounds on the diet going from 155 to 145 but it didn't rip me
    Last edited by BM2; 05-02-2008 at 07:35 AM.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Quote from SevenStar

Those shots into your spine, well for me, don't hurt at all but I was out of it for hours after the procedure. I'm a cheap drunk.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Quote from SevenStar

Quote Originally Posted by BM2 View Post
    I not sure how it's spelled but he was big on the orange roughy and shark as it wasn't so fishy but more meaty. I lost ten pounds on the diet going from 155 to 145 but it didn't rip me
    Maybe I'll try his diet of fish and rice. You would have to eat a lot of fish to make you feel full but there is little fat in it.

Seems like it was 6 oz, a cup of rice and some steamed veggies 5 times a day. A couple of things at work here. One, low fat plus some veggies are neg. calories. Second, when you eat small meals over the course of the day, it tricks your body into thinking that food is abundant and theres no need to store fat (thats the theory anyway).

Good luck with it, it worked pretty good when I did it.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger View Post
    Seems like it was 6 oz, a cup of rice and some steamed veggies 5 times a day. A couple of things at work here. One, low fat plus some veggies are neg. calories. Second, when you eat small meals over the course of the day, it tricks your body into thinking that food is abundant and theres no need to store fat (thats the theory anyway).

Good luck with it, it worked pretty good when I did it.

That is exactly what my physican told me when i had gained 30 lbs and was only eating 1 time a day My favorite mealtime was always Dinner time, i never ate breakfast and my body became accustomed to it and it was hard to get my metabolism to speed back up.... Eat small meals through out the day, took me approximatly a month to start seeing results. I had only eat 1 meal a day for about 3-4 yrs and it put me into whats called starvation mode, its where your body thinks its starving and starts storing fat from just about everything you eat.

Also let me add, i was also told that Men need atleast 1500 Calories per day *normally* to keep from going into this starvation mode, women 1200 or 1300 calories. Its been a while and vaugley remember, but some physicans and health instructors live by it. Those calories are supposed to be just what your body needs to survive, breath ect. Those calores are what you are supposed to have left after you exercises have been complete IE, if you ate 2500 calories for the day only burn off 1000 and leave the 1500 alone. This has also been stated ont he biggest loser aswell by the trainers.
    Last edited by Freebird; 05-02-2008 at 10:41 AM.