View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 679 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1795796296696776786796806816897297791179 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,185 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    Then why pay the money to learn something that is going to be taught in class? Waste of hard earned money in my oppinion.
    The answer was in the post.......PLEASE learn to read....most of the seminar material you will not see for years, it's upper level only....some will never get that high and they might want to learn the form just like you want to learn Tai Chi
    BQ
    Last edited by Baqualin; 09-15-2008 at 10:01 AM.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    The answer was in the post.......PLEASE learn to read....most of the seminar material you will not see for years, it's upper level only....some will never get that high and they might want to learn the form just like you want to learn Tai Chi
    BQ

Yes I saw that the answer was in your post, I can read. It was more of a rhetorical question than anything. Kinda expensive for someone who isn't a life member just to learn a form for fun when its going to be taught in class.

Me wanting to learn tai chi is a little different......if John Dufresne were still here in Lexington (and not in China) he would teach it (tai chi) to me either for free or for a very small price. I guess you could say I was a life member. But because he is not here anymore I can't learn from him except for when he comes back to visit with us students and ex-wife & kids (maybe 2 times a year). All learning from Dufresne right now is more philosophical talk and talk about fight scenerios right now via the internet and e-mail.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    All learning from Dufresne right now is more philosophical talk and talk about fight scenerios right now via the internet and e-mail.

When I say training from Dufresne right now is talk about fight scenerios I mean like I will ask questions of what should be done in this situation or what technique would be best in that situation etc...

No. I was going to go but the only reason was to meet Baqua and he was not going to be there so I decided not to. Was a fun time?
    Well, its this weekend so you can still make it. Come on over, you can meet me!
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

I would like to meet you golden tiger? and i do mean that in a friendly non-combat kind of way,,,,,
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku
    I would like to meet you golden tiger? and i do mean that in a friendly non-combat kind of way,,,,,
    But of course! Stop by and say hello. I will be the one in the black uniform....
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

with how many strips??and is your belt solid?
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

mr shen ku, dude that book is the **** i was just looking at it a few minutes ago (THE ART OF SHEN KU)

ok so someone knows where i got my name from, it is a crazy book

Say Hello

I will be in Lexington this weekend. If you haven't met me, and would like to give me sh!t in person, I'm not hard to spot. Walk on up and say hello.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

bentmonk, i think we have meet but not sure you would remember me, kettlebell class with master dave, just once

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    bentmonk, i think we have meet but not sure you would remember me, kettlebell class with master dave, just once
    I remember. Are you still working with KBs? You should go to Master Dave's site and check out the video from the Atlanta Certification he and I attended. The cert is from Steve Cotter's International Kettlebell and Fitness Federation. It was an incredible weekend and I learned a lot!
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

still working some with kbs but kind of on a little different focus at the current time. but it all seems to hurt (in a good way)

Goodbye Weakness

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    still working some with kbs but kind of on a little different focus at the current time. but it all seems to hurt (in a good way)
    That's one of my favorite things about KBs. You can use them in many different ways to achieve different goals. I always have an assortment of minor aches and creaks when I train as well. I've increased the amount of my stretching, joint mobility, and Qi Gong exercises. This has helped reduce my creakiness quite a bit. Keep moving. If we stop we might not be able to get started again. Besides, pain is weakness leaving the body right?

www.bentmonk.com

than i must have alot of weakness,

well i won't be at anything this weekend, i just had a death in the family so all you SD guys enjoy everything for me ,