View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 934 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 4348348849249329339349359369449841034 ... LastLast
Results 13,996 to 14,010 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

i was just pointing out that if you do something wrong and you are in ignorance, its forgivable. but if you know its wrong and you still do it, its an act of evil.

you are knowingly, actively mocking and parodying shaolin kung fu and have taken pleasure in it.

you dont care if its real or not because you have no real respect for traditional martial arts.
    Last edited by bawang; 03-07-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

That is your opinion and you are welcome to it. You do not know me or many of the other SD practicioners I have met, I suspect. SD is not my only art, nor is it my first art. I have practiced and continue to practice other, more traditional and established arts, with unquestioned heritage. SD was on campus where I attended college and I enjoyed it. There were no other options and I enjoyed the people, so I continued after I left college. I eventually moved on to other arts, but did not belittle SD because it had a cloudy heritage. Just because something or someone does not conform to YOUR expectation, does not make them or it a bad thing. Just not in line with what you expect. In my world, that is called being closed or narrow minded. Judgemental tendancies cannot lead a person to enlightenment, regardless of how loud they shout.

hello. you dont care if its real or not because it made you feel good. this is not surprising because the general american attitude is your feelings are the most important things in the world.

hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! Very mature, open-minded and non-judgemental statement. Please stay around, you brighten up the place.

hi. a gay person doesnt think taking it up the ass is wrong, but a christian might have very different opinions.

i am just giving you a different perspective from a traditional viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    hello. you dont care if its real or not because it made you feel good. this is not surprising because the general american attitude is your feelings are the most important things in the world.
    Uh......that's not just Americans.....that is every single person on the planet, including yourself!

Even those who claim to be caring for the feelings of others are acting according to their own self-centered reasons.

Maybe try to exercise a little self control on your bigotry!

You are getting a bit out of control!

Quote Originally Posted by OldandUsed View Post
    That is your opinion and you are welcome to it. You do not know me or many of the other SD practicioners I have met, I suspect. SD is not my only art, nor is it my first art. I have practiced and continue to practice other, more traditional and established arts, with unquestioned heritage. SD was on campus where I attended college and I enjoyed it. There were no other options and I enjoyed the people, so I continued after I left college. I eventually moved on to other arts, but did not belittle SD because it had a cloudy heritage. Just because something or someone does not conform to YOUR expectation, does not make them or it a bad thing. Just not in line with what you expect. In my world, that is called being closed or narrow minded. Judgemental tendancies cannot lead a person to enlightenment, regardless of how loud they shout.
    I feel the same way you do about my experience in SD. Still practice everyday.

@TM...that book would prove interesting reading, I am sure!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Comes out in April. I'll be ordering a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Uh......that's not just Americans.....that is every single person on the planet, including yourself!
    no. i feel nothing. nothing at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Even those who claim to be caring for the feelings of others are acting according to their own self-centered reasons.

i have no self reason to train martial arts. i want to preserve traditional chinse culture and spirit.

I'm going to change my mind.

If you are looking in the light, what is shining on you?

That is all.

P.S Half a loaf is better than no loaf at all. None of us can eat the whole loaf anyway.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Hello all

Glad to see some of you are still at it, I hope all are well and training hard Traditional or not. Well it seems Bawang does not feel we are honoring the Shaolin name. What else is new. So I pose a question, is it better to train "traditional" and belittle others for what they do or to Train with the right spirit what ever you do and praise and accept others as Martial Artists with qualities and abilities ? Which is more traditional? also what of wing chun isnt its History questionable yet it is considered Traditional although very new in a MA sense. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Blog Entries

Wang shu jin

Ok...I know this is probably reaching a bit, but here it goes. GM sin told a story about how he and a collegue came upon a guy beating everybody in town in public matches. Neither sin nor his friend could beat him. This opponent was a master of internal kung fu and fat. After getting beaten sin studied bagua from the internal master. What are the odds this master was legendary bagua master Wang shu Jin?

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    Ok...I know this is probably reaching a bit, but here it goes. GM sin told a story about how he and a collegue came upon a guy beating everybody in town in public matches. Neither sin nor his friend could beat him. This opponent was a master of internal kung fu and fat. After getting beaten sin studied bagua from the internal master. What are the odds this master was legendary bagua master Wang shu Jin?
    I don't know, what do his current disciples say? was sin one of their classmates?
    Kung Fu is good for you.