View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 448 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448449450458498548948 ... LastLast
Results 6,706 to 6,720 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

more of those stupid Shaolin Do threads

I'm tempted to merge all the Shaolin Do threads into the Is Shaolin-Do for real? thread. What do you think?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Yes, same rehash even if it starts new.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I'm tempted to merge all the Shaolin Do threads into the Is Shaolin-Do for real? thread. What do you think?

Gene Ching, Shaolin Enforcer

(and president and CEO of "Shaolin Taco Time")
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Merga away!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Sweep the leg, Johnny!

I mean, please merge the threads.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 08-17-2007 at 10:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Yes! Be a Man! Do It!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

DO it, Do it, Do it man Do it

merged

Why is Shaolin Do not real Shaolin?? and Grand Master Sin Kwang The' are now merged into this ultimate Shaolin-Do thread. Did I miss any?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Why is Shaolin Do not real Shaolin?? and Grand Master Sin Kwang The' are now merged into this ultimate Shaolin-Do thread. Did I miss any?
    Shaolin scandle
    BQ

Have you ever noticed the individual that started the Sd for real thread has only posted 1 time ???????? Throw the pebble into the water and it begins fresh journeys KC so the answer is yes a resounding yes. Many have come and gone and no one has proven anything many speculate but none prove. SD is real as anyof the other so called Shaolin arts . So who cares any way and of course the age old argument of butyou said. get over it it doesnt look the same , so it doesnt have the same supposed history so. It is what it is I have compared it to other so called CMA and I like it I have learned alot and no one who says anything can take that from me . If I hit you it will hurt and prob KO you. But who cares If it works and is or isnot Shaolin who cares 50 years from now you will all be old and gray and still argueing so waste time and cease to grow as people if you want . My SD works for me and that is all that counts . KC GET OVER IT.
    A Fool is Born every Day !

cjurakpt Guest
    ah yes, a boost of thread-nourishment, moving it even closer to the miraculous "500"...I mean, c'mon guys - only 98 pages to go - CAN'T STOP NOW!!!

Don't forget JCAT's "curious" thread which would make it even closer. Heck, Gene may as well just make a whole section for Shaolin Do where the same arguments can be had over, and over, and over...while the SD guys come back with the same 3 stock responses to 1001 different views.
    "To know you don't know is best.
    Not to know you don't know is a flaw.
    Therefore, the Sage's not being flawed
    Stems from his recognizing a flaw as a flaw.
    Therefore, he is flawless."

I have a question...

Why does it bother you guys so much?

If you don't like Shaolin Do, then the best thing for you to do is avoid it and not talk about it. Let it go. Now I know the same old tired response: "But they make all these claims about being the most comprehensive martial art blah blah blah, and it's my duty to p!$$ and moan for the sake of Shaolin even though I have no ties to it whatsoever except maybe that I'm learning Longfist or something!"

If you're learning the "real" Shaolin and we aren't, then why do you care? To "warn" others about the "evil" Grandmaster Sin The? How noble of you, tell me, do you wear a cape to work? You're so righteous, I must say we're all very impressed down here.

Those of us that practice Shaolin Do are on these forums so we can communicate with one another as well as with the martial art community in general. I've noticed when a SDer posts something, it's usually a technical question about a form or application or query about the lineage. Unfortunately, it's that last part that brings about the peanut gallery ready to insult, mock and jeer. Don't you losers have anything better to do? Go practice your "superior" martial art and let us continue with our topic uninterrupted.

I really don't give a rats @$$ what anybody here thinks about Shaolin Do, that's not why I joined. All I'll say though is if you can't talk to an SDer here without antagonizing us about our martial art (that no one here can change, improve or destroy anyway), then apparently your martial art isn't all that either if it's students can show any civility, it's probably worse cr@p than Shaolin Do could ever be.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Many of us have very different views on what Shaolin-Do is and isn't. There's at least 20 different viewpoints regularly stated.

If nothing else, Shaolin-Do is shaolin inspired, or shaolin adapted, or shaolin rooted.

So, if the "most comprehensive shaolin system" is a point of contention, I think we can settle it pretty well.

Do any of you non-Shaolin Do-kas have a cirriculum that approaches the varied content of Shaolin-Do?

If not (which is pretty much given), I think we can stick with legitimacy claims. If Shaolin-Do makes one valid claim, it's in that it teaches more variety and forms than any other system.

Whether or not that such a variety is a good idea is still up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    If I hit you it will hurt and prob KO you.

Where's knifefighter when you need him...

It has nothing to do with your art, that's just a silly response. That's not how the body works.