View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 601 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1015015515915996006016026036116517011101 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I'm a PS3 man. Sorry.

Besides, the Browns stink on Madden.
    They have an 83 rating. X-box does live updates of team stats.
    Sorry about your PS3. I hope 20 fps is working well for you.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    Why the question mark LOK? You must be feeling frisky or the guys on the other thread are making you p!ssy!
    Glad to hear from ya,
    BQ
    Just forking around, how you been BQ?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    They have an 83 rating. X-box does live updates of team stats.
    Sorry about your PS3. I hope 20 fps is working well for you.
    I thought it was 30fps....

I prefer the NCAA Football game myself. I hadn't played Madden in months. I've never been an online player either so I wouldn't know how to compare the online services. Don't you have to pay to use X-box's online service?

The real reason(s) I bought a PS3 were: I can't stand Microsoft, I loved my PS2 and I wanted to get a blu-ray player also.

Did you plop down the extra 199 for the HD-DVD add on MK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I certanly hope that everyone will forgive me for going off topic with this... What did y'all think of the Family Guy movie spoof of Star Wars ?
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I thought it was 30fps....

I prefer the NCAA Football game myself. I hadn't played Madden in months. I've never been an online player either so I wouldn't know how to compare the online services. Don't you have to pay to use X-box's online service?

The real reason(s) I bought a PS3 were: I can't stand Microsoft, I loved my PS2 and I wanted to get a blu-ray player also.

Did you plop down the extra 199 for the HD-DVD add on MK?
    I got it for x-mas, along with the 1-year online subscription. It's only $50/year, so I will probably keep it up, especially since Call of Duty 3 online is like crack.

I didn't get the HD player. Blu-Ray is winning that fight, and I'm just waiting for the price to drop a little.

The cool thing about the x-box live is that you can download HD movies, tv shows, UFC fights, etc... You can also buy games and download them directly to the hard drive.

They also have add-ons to games (new uniforms and stadiums for Madden), maps, extra race cars...that don't come with the retail version of the game.

Very cool.

I know the PS3 advertises high-frame rates, but everything I've read says it lags down to about 20FPS in larger environments.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I got it for x-mas, along with the 1-year online subscription. It's only $50/year, so I will probably keep it up, especially since Call of Duty 3 online is like crack.

I didn't get the HD player. Blu-Ray is winning that fight, and I'm just waiting for the price to drop a little.

The cool thing about the x-box live is that you can download HD movies, tv shows, UFC fights, etc... You can also buy games and download them directly to the hard drive.

They also have add-ons to games (new uniforms and stadiums for Madden), maps, extra race cars...that don't come with the retail version of the game.

Very cool.

I know the PS3 advertises high-frame rates, but everything I've read says it lags down to about 20FPS in larger environments.

I got the blu-ray and game system in one. And the online is free (if I ever care about that) but you can download add-ons, games etc. the same as the x-box. Don't know about the tv shows yet, I just got online recently for the first time on it.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Muahahaha ... I am back!

It seems like the same old arguments are being fought. I am glad I stepped away for a while. Maybe I am a little older and wiser now, but I doubt it.

I don't have the energy to go through the past 2+ years of posts that have been added to this argument, but I bet you all had fun.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

I bet you don't need to go through the past 2 years of posts to know the contents of the argument. I don't think anything has changed in all that time, it just goes round and round.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

he's shaving more than that

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    I bet you don't need to go through the past 2 years of posts to know the contents of the argument. I don't think anything has changed in all that time, it just goes round and round.
    ...try he's singlehandedly exterminating the middle class

Attention

This goes out to all you southern boys ( JP, KC etc.) in Tennesse and surrounding areas who were affected by the tornados. My thoughts and prayers are with you, hope you are all doing well. Take care.
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 02-07-2008 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    This goes out to all you southern boys ( JP, KC etc.) in Tennesse and surrounding areas who were affected by the tornados. My thoughts and prayers are with you, hope you are all doing well. Take care.
    Thanks. Fortunately, it didn't affect our (me and KC) part of the state, but there's a lot of people that were affected. In Nashville there was a two year old that was thrown 150 yards by the wind and was unharmed (other than a few scratches and bruises). Amazing.

Glad to here you are all right. I was worried about the people out there also.

So has there been any word from Mas Judt on 'the real roots of SD"? I saw the post a while ago about the Kuntao martial arts of Indonesia... was wondering if he had made any headway regarding those somewhat cryptic posts he made...

So has there been any word from Mas Judt on 'the real roots of SD"? I saw the post a while ago about the Kuntao martial arts of Indonesia... was wondering if he had made any headway regarding those somewhat cryptic posts he made...

I offered but have yet to hear a peep...
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

For all the daddy's of daughters

Application for Permission to Date My Daughter
    NOTE: This application will be incomplete and rejected unless accompanied by a complete financial statement, job history, lineage, and current medical report from your doctor.

NAME_____________________________________DATE OF BIRTH_____________

HEIGHT___________ WEIGHT____________ IQ__________ GPA_____________
    SOCIAL SECURITY #_________________ DRIVERS LICENSE #________________

BOY SCOUT RANK AND BADGES__________________________________________

HOME ADDRESS_______________________ CITY/STATE___________ ZIP______

Do you have parents? ___Yes ___No
    Is one male and the other female? ___Yes ___No
    If No, explain: __________________________________________________ ___________

Number of years they have been married ______________________________

If less than your age, explain
    __________________________________________________ __________________

__________________________________________________ ____ ______________

ACCESSORIES SECTION:

A. Do you own or have access to a van? __Yes __No

B. A truck with oversized tires? __Yes __No

C. A waterbed? __Yes __No

D. A pickup with a mattress in the back? __Yes __No

E. A tattoo? __Yes __No

F. Do you have an earring, nose ring, __Yes __No
    pierced tongue, pierced cheek or a belly button ring?

(IF YOU ANSWERED 'YES' TO ANY OF THE ABOVE, DISCONTINUE APPLICATION AND LEAVE PREMISES IMMEDIATELY. I SUGGEST RUNNING.)

ESSAY SECTION:

In 50 words or less, what does 'LATE' mean to you?

__________________________________________________ ____________

In 50 words or less, what does 'DON'T TOUCH MY DAUGHTER' mean to you?

In 50 words or less, what does 'ABSTINENCE' mean to you?

REFERENCES SECTION:
    Church you attend __________________________________________________ _

How often you attend ________________________________________________

When would be the best time to interview your:

father? _____________

mother? _____________

pastor/priest ? _____________

SHORT-ANSWER SECTION:

Answer by filling in the blank. Please answer freely, all answers are confidential.

A: If I were shot, the last place I would want to be shot would be:

B: If I were beaten, the last bone I would want broken is my:

C: A woman's place is in the:

D: The one thing I hope this application does not ask me about is:

E. What do you want to do with your life ? ___________________________

F. When I meet a girl, the thing I always notice about her first is:

G. What is the current going rate of a hotel room? __________________

I SWEAR THAT ALL INFORMATION SUPPLIED ABOVE IS TRUE AND CORRECT TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE UNDER PENALTY OF DEATH, DISMEMBERMENT, NATIVE AMERICAN ANT TORTURE, CRUCIFIXION, ELECTROCUTION, CHINESE WATER TORTURE, & RED HOT POKERS.

__________________________________________________ _______
    Applicant's Signature (that means sign your name, moron!)

_______________________________ ________________________________
    Mother's Signature Father's Signature

_______________________________ ________________________________
    Pastor/Priest/Rabbi State Representative/Congressman

Thank you for your interest, and it had better be genuine and non-sexual.

You will be contacted in writing if you are approved. Please do not try to call or write. If your application is rejected, you will be notified by two gentleman wearing white ties carrying violin cases.
    (you might watch your back)

To prepare yourself, start studying Daddy's Rules for Dating ....
    Daddy's Rules for Dating
    1. If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.
    2. You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.
    3. I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a 'Barrier method' of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate, when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.
    4. The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops , midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka - zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual themes are to be avoided; movies which feature chain saws are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folks homes are better.
    5. Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.
    6. Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy near Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns.

feel free to print and use, I will hhahahahahahahahah KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !