View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 664 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1645646146546626636646656666747147641164 ... LastLast
Results 9,946 to 9,960 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I was very impressed with the seminar I had taken from him 4 years ago.
    me too! that was a great learning experience ...
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the input. I'll probably get it. It's nice to see some SD guys put out some good quality stuff. Can you imagine if Eric Smith put out something? Now that would be a good video!

I was wondering about that video myself. I've heard good things about him, but the videos on that sight seem a little, well, cheesy. I was hoping that they would be better than they appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    I don't mean to de-rail the topic but ShaolinWookie, how are the kip ups going? Got it down? Have you tried the no hand kip ups like I had mentioned?
    It's actually funny. Some days I can do them no problem (with hands), and then other days I can only get to my feet and then fall back down. I can't figure out what in the hell I'm doing wrong when I'm doing it wrong, and what I'm doing right when I'm doing it right.

It's an instructional video, not a full contact cage match....lol...so there is restraint. I can tell you this: I hear that of all you can learn from MAster Nance, his greatest lessons are in very practical sparring techniques and applications, and that he's a wizard at sweeping. Personally, I think his fist looks like a sledge hammer, but then there's a couple of guys in SD that by size and shape alone (Mullins, Nance, Reid, GM The' of course) that I wouldn't want to cross for a billion dollars. Those guys are built like freight trains.

One of the sparring "dummies" (just kiddin') is one of my sifus. He's pretty innovative and can pick you apart with his boxing alone.

It'll probably be a pretty sweet tutorial.

More Jeet Kuen History

Although the guy at Jing Mo said that he thought Jeet Kuen came from Mizhong, a senior of his mentitoned that it came from Erlang Quan.

All in all, the basic conclusion is: Longfist. It's all the same. Differentt patterns.

Big whoop. But it's definately not tiger.

???

sorry had to post something,,,,,,,just couldn't let it die?? how elsa would i know how knox. alt. austin. lex. and all you other SD guys are doing?
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

8. Pand Loong Chien for me today!

Woohoo!

What is Pang Loong Chien I have heard of Pang Loong Pang but not the other can you describe it ?? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

10. hsing yi entwine the dragon straight sword....you havent seen that kc?

you have to have seen it.

pm me my friend and lets compare notes.

oh and i passed my test under the Grandmaster. thx to all who sent me well wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by OTD View Post
    KFJ & KC
    I believe the correct name is:
    Hsing Ie Panh Lung Chičn
    Hsing Ie Entwine of the Dragon Sword

Just my 2˘
    OTD
    i remember sin the saying it was "xin" yi not "xing" yi. my chinese is bad but that is a slightly different art than "xingyiquan/hsingichuan ...
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

12. otd thx for the correction...and actually bruce in hearing the history/background he said it was xin but then was changed to xing.....

i was unclear why the change as i was exhausted after learning the form and was only half present haha

great form with some excellent footwork!

New Forum Member

I hope everyone is doing well today. I have read and studied info found along this thread as well as many others found in the Kung Fu Magazine Forums. I have always found this particular thread fascinating. Recently, it appears this thread has a greater concentration on technique and discussions related to the actual practice of kung fu. I hope this continues. When I first read through this thread, I saw mostly individuals being hateful and egotistical. Now that comment does not include those that were being humorous in good fun about some of the question marks behind Shaolin Do. Hopefully, good discussions on technique, history, and self discovery with the help of others will continue. I'm looking forward to it and hope that I am welcomed.

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by peace&love View Post
    I hope everyone is doing well today. I have read and studied info found along this thread as well as many others found in the Kung Fu Magazine Forums. I have always found this particular thread fascinating. Recently, it appears this thread has a greater concentration on technique and discussions related to the actual practice of kung fu. I hope this continues. When I first read through this thread, I saw mostly individuals being hateful and egotistical. Now that comment does not include those that were being humorous in good fun about some of the question marks behind Shaolin Do. Hopefully, good discussions on technique, history, and self discovery with the help of others will continue. I'm looking forward to it and hope that I am welcomed.
    This thread has been around for a while and is definitely in one of its better, more mature, phases. Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    This thread has been around for a while and is definitely in one of its better, more mature, phases. Welcome.
    Then I start posting again HA! So much for the better, more mature phase
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching