View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 712 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2126126627027107117127137147227628121212 ... LastLast
Results 10,666 to 10,680 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    Idiot debate
    So, nothing has changed around here!!!

Anyone read the Immortal Sword article in BB magazine?? Good stuff!!

The only real issue anyone could have with it is that it features an EX-CSC instructor Jason C.

Funny how things work out...........LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    Just another revolution of the wheel really. Nothing new.
    That's funny. I heard they are round now!!

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    So, nothing has changed around here!!!

Anyone read the Immortal Sword article in BB magazine?? Good stuff!!

The only real issue anyone could have with it is that it features an EX-CSC instructor Jason C.

Funny how things work out...........LOL
    Glad to see your still around!!!!
    BQ

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    Glad to see your still around!!!!
    BQ
    I appreciate that.

Even though I am an EX- CSC student, I am still a practitioner of the art and still refer to GM The`as my martial arts GM and you as my Shaolin Brother.

I appreciate that.

Even though I am an EX- CSC student, I am still a practitioner of the art and still refer to GM The`as my martial arts GM and you as my Shaolin Brother.
    Ditto!!!

Wow.

Still going strong.

S

Good lord another one becomes an EX? Geez. I wonder what new rumors will be started about him.

Quote Originally Posted by godzillakungfu View Post
    Wow.

Still going strong.

Good lord another one becomes an EX? Geez. I wonder what new rumors will be started about him.
    HUH? What?? About who??

lol um a spelling teacher.......? lmao!!!

if i get a fight here ill tell you good publicity for me i think

how sad is this incredibly stupid logic notice none of you have managed to explain this tell me

how exactly can sin kwnag the and shaolin do be creible when the soards are frauds

SIN TAUGHT THE SOARDS YOU FOOLS LOL THEY HAVE DECADES OF EXPERIENCE UNDER HIM!!!!!!
    WHAT DOES THAT SAY?!
    but why am i bothering none of you wil be able to answer this youll just use another liberaci analogy lol

Red face

Im a first time poster but ive probably read most of this thread.

Ive been a student at the CSC in boulder and denver for a year now.
    I havnt exactly discovered this thread recently and I always see criticism of my school in particular.

This is my first foray into martial arts (its been a blast and Ive found that its something im good at and can constantly improve on) and I can say that I share in alot of your guys criticisms about the operation that the soards run. They definitely give belts away to people who dont deserve them. I try to hold myself to a better standard than some of those who I see passing belt tests around me. But that doesnt mean that most students dont take it seriously.

From what ive seen so far there are two types of people who come here. People who just think forms are cool. And people who want to get strong. You can tell the difference when you spar them and also by how the former type have no clue about any of the application from any of the forms.

But... The people interested in getting strong are awesome. They are dedicated and they train hard. Ive had some great times sparring (we spar alot at these schools) with them and have really been impressed. Basically all I want to do is spar people that can beat me and challenge me to learn how to beat them. And I find that here. Also I like forms training because it definitely has made me more agile. I do think that this school is too focused on getting its students to become form learning machines and less time focused on really training each one. But we do get to spar all the time which does give me some time to actually try to use application and figure out what these forms mean.

Personally I think master david and master sharon are pretty awesome people. Dedicated to teaching as much application and knowledge as they can. If theres anything sinister about them I havnt seen it yet. They've definitely produced some good students but they do have black belts who really cant spar very well or dont seem to dedicated. The Soards teach them anyway and let them advance and it kind of sucks. Ive never seen anyone fail a test.

Well, basically ive heard all the evidence from these forums. Right now Im having a blast getting strong. If anyone knows of a good school in boulder where I can get some training more grounded in a single style ( I like CMA lots) please send a reply. Im prolly going to train here a couple more years and then start cross training in BJJ. I figure thatll get me good and well rounded.

But really I dont think the Soards are all that bad. They definitely have a wealth of information about the art and seem to dedicate all their energy to teaching it to us. If your dedicated you can become a good martial artist under their tutelage (I know several). I just dont like the focus on maximum number of forms and the fact that they give away belts.
    (Also theres quite alot of chi wizardry going on) _which is fun sometimes_

OH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWD OH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWWWD SOMEBODY POSTED a positive OPINION ON SHAOLIN DO IN A INTELLIGENT MANNER

HOLY ****IN CHRIST MY ANUS!!!!!!!!!!

see this i have no problem with he likes it good for him or her

Excuse me .....

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    lol um a spelling teacher.......? lmao!!!

if i get a fight here ill tell you good publicity for me i think

how sad is this incredibly stupid logic notice none of you have managed to explain this tell me

how exactly can sin kwnag the and shaolin do be creible when the soards are frauds

SIN TAUGHT THE SOARDS YOU FOOLS LOL THEY HAVE DECADES OF EXPERIENCE UNDER HIM!!!!!!
    WHAT DOES THAT SAY?!
    but why am i bothering none of you wil be able to answer this youll just use another liberaci analogy lol
    but is english your first language?? Are you drunk or on drugs??/

is this a multiple choice question ca i pick c all of the above

GoJu

Sounds like you just want someone to agree with you and you have nothing positive to say. GMT is not responsible for the progress or lack there of a student he wants us all to do well and improve but all cant. As far a giving belts or sashes away I agree they should be earned not given or bought I have noticed the same as well. But to say GMT isnt any good or proficient because a student does not meet up to your standards is just plain stupid. The differences in us is what makes us strong. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Funny thing is....

....that if anyone of these knuckleheads met GMT or for some strange reason studied with him they would find out that he is a real martial artist with real skill and is highly intelligent.

HUH? What?? About who??
    You said Jason C. If it is who I think, most times rumors start regardless of how an instructor leaves the art.