View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 741 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2416416917317397407417427437517918411241 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,115 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    i got up to green in a about three months i spared my self the embarassment of getting by brown and left

uh huh sure they are not impressive i could post anything of myself preforming and no matter what you sd guys on here would try to make some bs up about it and then not post any of your own lol
    First off, whether you have years of experience or no experience at all I would not allow you to get to green belt in 3 months. Just because you can walk through and/ or remember the material does not mean you should test . Most schools would rather quantity rather than quality.It's about the art not the money to me.This is a big reason why more and more people are going towards MMA. Its all about the training and conditioning.
    Every student I have spends 6 months or more at each belt level below brown belt and must be able to perform ALL lower belt material on both sides, brown belt levels take 3 years.........ETC.

You must train with reality for it to become reality.

well handing out belts seems to be the norm for the schools
    i think six moths is still way to short

well handing out belts seems to be the norm for the schools
    i think six moths is still way to short
    I agree. like I said 6 months or more. If you do it for longer than that it is ok, however, most student will not stick around unless they are advancing in some way. With the proper training and conditioning in 6 months you should be able to do the white belt material without thinking about it. The same holds true for the yellow, blue and green belt material minus the forms.

Most are lucky to get a brown belt from me. I would rather have great lower belts than $h!tty upper belts. I am independant and not associated with SD or CSC organizations I have changed the format and the progression of the material ,slightly, to suit my needs.( Example , white belt material is punches, kick, blocks , stances, as well as, conditioning, stretching. I teach no forms until brown belt except I do teach one form a month for an additional charge) And to avoid any legal ramifications. I do what needs to be done to make sure that my students are not dilusional about their level or skill.

Go Ju

Green belt eh?? What embarrasement would there be with Brown belt level. Unless you couldnt do it and messed up. Most people make an excuse for QUITTING. I am too old , I dont have time, My wife/husband wont let me, or I dont want to perform in front of people, or the style doesnt have a verifiable history by written empirical evidence,hahahaha. So I also know from experience that "people who can do; those who cant dont, or do something simpler and easier". Most people are basically lazy and quit. So Go Ju I feel you probably are right you would have been embarrased and dont have the desire to perform all the HUa's Long Fist and Tang Lang Chien along with 3 weapons for 4th BB. Thats alot to remember and perform physically. You have to have strong Kung Fu for that. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

oh yes because everybody knows the tang lang sd form is so hard to preform lol god the hours of labour you must go throught o master such a feat the grueling training the blood the sweat the tears...
    oh wait that stiff americanized looking karate form that looks nothing like praying mantis? ohhhhhhhhh thaaaaaaaat never mind lol
    i vcould just easily say that your lazy and too incompetant to preform proper kung fu thats why you stick with a scam like sd. so while your sitting around with your freinds you can brag about how your a kung fu master whos kicks can cut people in half lol

face it mate you dont have it in you to be areal martial artist you know sds not for real you just dont want to put the hard work into learing a authenitc style
    so your conent with your hour and half class three times a week learning what ever it is you want yo call that stuff

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    I agree. like I said 6 months or more. If you do it for longer than that it is ok, however, most student will not stick around unless they are advancing in some way. With the proper training and conditioning in 6 months you should be able to do the white belt material without thinking about it. The same holds true for the yellow, blue and green belt material minus the forms.

Most are lucky to get a brown belt from me. I would rather have great lower belts than $h!tty upper belts. I am independant and not associated with SD or CSC organizations I have changed the format and the progression of the material ,slightly, to suit my needs.( Example , white belt material is punches, kick, blocks , stances, as well as, conditioning, stretching. I teach no forms until brown belt except I do teach one form a month for an additional charge) And to avoid any legal ramifications. I do what needs to be done to make sure that my students are not dilusional about their level or skill.
    PM incoming.

Talking

and i quit because my a payment was due i payed for three months prior to joining to save money when the three months were up i figured flushing my money down the toilet would be a better alternative not suprising no one that was there with me at csc stayed either

funy how a schoo like that has such a high drop out rate for being such a quality place no?

Im sure you have it in you , hahahah. KC

oh yes because everybody knows the tang lang sd form is so hard to preform lol god the hours of labour you must go throught o master such a feat the grueling training the blood the sweat the tears...
    oh wait that stiff americanized looking karate form that looks nothing like praying mantis? ohhhhhhhhh thaaaaaaaat never mind lol
    i vcould just easily say that your lazy and too incompetant to preform proper kung fu thats why you stick with a scam like sd. so while your sitting around with your freinds you can brag about how your a kung fu master whos kicks can cut people in half lol

face it mate you dont have it in you to be areal martial artist you know sds not for real you just dont want to put the hard work into learing a authenitc style
    so your conent with your hour and half class three times a week learning what ever it is you want yo call that stuff
    Did you learn the SD Tang Lang form for Black Belt level??If it doesnt look like praying mantis then you have been watching and following the wrong people. It is a very basci form yes , but it does give you all the basics movement patterns and tools you need to further your study in PM.

You know that once you learn the material it is your responsiblity to perfect it and maintain it. The school is just a place to learn the material, IMHO. I see you as just a spoiled brat kid who didnt get what he wanted and now is throwing a tempertantrum.

id like to see some pics of you demonstrating this hua fist form really i woul i want to be dazzled with your martial skill
    oh wait as usual your all talk and no action

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Did you learn the SD Tang Lang form for Black Belt level??If it doesnt look like praying mantis then you have been watching and following the wrong people. It is a very basci form yes , but it does give you all the basics movement patterns and tools you need to further your study in PM.

You know that once you learn the material it is your responsiblity to perfect it and maintain it. The school is just a place to learn the material, IMHO. I see you as just a spoiled brat kid who didnt get what he wanted and now is throwing a tempertantrum.
    actually being with the standards of sd i barely practiced the forms and they still passed me
    and yes ive seen the form like the other sd forms looks made up

how am i throwing a tantrum i just posted my experience with sd and all you guys got your panties in abunch
    and yes i didnt get what i wanted quality instruction or an authentic style

actually being with the standards of sd i barely practiced the forms and they still passed me
    and yes ive seen the form like the other sd forms looks made up

how am i throwing a tantrum i just posted my experience with sd and all you guys got your panties in abunch
    and yes i didnt get what i wanted quality instruction or an authentic style
    Your experience is not unique. This is the problem with people who go into something with preconceived ideas of what is and what is not. So what if other people are passing you and can not do it as well as you do, are you there for you or for them ?? Remember the competition is not with others it is within yourself. My first teacher let everyone else test for each level up to brown belt months before I did ,even though I was way better that everyone else. I could learn the material in a day( and often times did because of work and school.)He showed me that I needed to stop concerning myself with what everyone else was doing and start focusing on what I was doing. This removed a blockage in my thinking and changed the way I looked at ALL things a great deal. You know I learned the green belt material in a weekend, came back two weeks later, tested for brown belt and tested 3 -4 points ahead of everyone else at almost everyother level up to black.I remember that weekend ,it was GMT's first test/ seminars here in Calif.

Is this part of your system's mantis form? Does it resemble any other mantis forms from any other systems to your knowlegde?

well said TTM , I was refering to the aerobic conditioning needed to perform the 4 hUAS , Mod Hua , Chang Chien , Budha Fist and the 3 weapons forms needed for 4th He doesnt have the Kung necessary to complete it. Heck didnt even pass beyond Green. Then complains about teachers and the curriculum as an excuse for quitting. If one quits they are still a quitter. KC

I admit that TLChien doesnt look Mantisie but I was referring more to the aerobic capacity needed , note last post. KC