View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1326 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 32682612261276131613241325132613271328 ... LastLast
Results 19,876 to 19,890 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Hello Shaolin Dough! It is nice to meet you, and thank you for the kind things you have said about one of my main teachers, Garry Mullins. I don't post here as often, but breezed through today and noticed your exchanges with Sifu Frank. I'm glad you guys met; I think he is probably a good guy and we would get along well if we met face to face. Did you guys ever get the opportunity to train or spar with each others' classes?
    Hey Judge, yeah I try to meet up with him when I can. Like if he is out here on the west coast doing a seminar somewhere... He is one the best I have met, across any style.

I added Sifu Frank to my email list for it, we usually hold open spar/push/workout every 3rd Sunday unless there is something else going on. Nothing this month, or in January due to the holidays; and I have a seminar with my Taiji/Xing Yi teacher in January. So really, we have only had one month so far that it was held, and I know Sifu Frank has things going on... I am sure it will all come together sometime in the new year. Sifu Frank is a good guy, it was fun watching their lion dance and seeing them interact in the Chinatown community. I have a lot more respect for him and his school then many of the other schools around.

Blog Entries
    i'm having surgery...i'm not worried about sparring. my students can go there and spar if they want tho....
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Rumor is

Master Mullins will be conducting a "West Coast" seminar in the fall 2015. Actually, its not a rumor. And I believe Master Reid is conducting 2 different weekend seminars. See you there!!
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 12-11-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Frank, hope all is well with your surgery and you heal up in no time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Blog Entries
    surgery went well. healing now. thanks

Man this thread keep going!

Okay, been a while since I posted on here. HSK, I hope that all went well with the surgery and you make a speedy recovery. Aside from that I just started testing for first black. We have done all the lower rank material except the self-defense, that is for next class along with the brown level stuff. Anyway we are very excited, it has been a long road and a lot of work. Anyone have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    surgery went well. healing now. thanks
    I'm assuming you're taking hormones as well? Let us know how your "transition" comes along.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Blog Entries
    nah, no hormones. LOL. I had a big Lipoma develop in the crik of my neck. it was pushing down on my nerve and made my arm numb.
    the surgeon said it was bigger than a grapefruit. it is a relief tho

Glad to hear you're feeling better and healing well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Hey, I do not wish bad things on anyone.

Glad the surgery went well, Frank, and hope you mend up and are able to do everything you want to. God bless.
    Last edited by OldandUsed; 01-15-2015 at 09:59 AM. Reason: left out name

I attended the Chinese Shaolin Center in Marietta, Georgia run by (then) Sifu (and now Master) Michael Reid (former NFL player of the Atlanta Falcons) back in the early 2000s. You can read more about Master Reid here: http://cscmarietta.com/about/master-michael-reid. I suppose that the quality of material you will learn from his school will be very good, even though it's probably not "authentic" Shaolin Kung Fu derived from the temple itself. The center is now called Michael Reid's Shaolin Martial Arts (http://www.reidshaolinmartialarts.com/). At first I thought everything was legitimate. I ended up not being able to afford tuition after several months because of other interests I had and school obligations.

Our school's Grandmaster was Sin Kwang The. I was impressed at his physique, not knowing that this man would have gone to court for fraudulent claims years later.

I will admit, the basic training seemed very legitimate (and it probably was), and I really did notice a difference in my overall physique and mental clarity, flexibility, and strength. I completed the white belt curriculum, earning my yellow belt. I then completed my yellow belt, earning my blue belt. I ALMOST made it all the way through my blue belt training, which would have earned me a green belt (one step below brown belt). I did this in a matter of a few months. Along the way, I learned some basic bo staff spins at the yellow belt level, as well as some nunchaku spins and techniques at the blue belt level. If I would have made it to the green belt level, I would have been trained with the short stick (roughly the length of a nightstick, only much thicker, with a rubber handle, as I recall -- made of oak or something similar).

Overall, my experience was rather pleasant, and the staff was very nice (both the bo staff and the human staff LOL... bad joke sorry). I am just so ****ed off these days that I cannot consider what I studied so hard "authentic" Shaolin Kung Fu.
    Last edited by jared.a.rapp; 01-30-2015 at 06:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    you are not dead. you can always learn authentic kung fu. just don't do it the wrong way.

Old and Used. thanks man.

Hope you mend up and get back to your training.

Did the thread finally die?

Finally made it.

My daughter and I finally passed first black and jumped right into black tiger. I know many may not think too highly of this post but to us it marks a little achievement in several years spent training and we are thrilled to be a part of it.