View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 537 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 374374875275355365375385395475876371037 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    He holds college dgrees in 7 different fields...
    You do realize that this has nothing to do with intelligence, don't you? College degrees are a lot like black belts - you can buy them lots of places with minimal outlay of effort. Not saying your GM did that, but he could have 20 degrees and it doesn't prove a thing.

With rare exceptions, the most a college degree says about you is that you proved you can jump through the correct hoops.
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Whip View Post
    The 900 forms claim started in the late 80's. From what I understand - and I could be wrong here. Master Grooms actually was the first to say "900 forms." This is because the Soards told him something like it was 300 forms to reach 6th Black and that at that point you had 1/3 of the system. (keep in mind back in the mid 80's there were no 6th Blacks except for EM Leonard possibly) Being such a math wizard he figured that meant 900 forms and said so in his marketing materials (which has since been removed) I do not believe there is any mention of 900 forms prior to this point. However, if someone can produce something claiming 900 forms that pre-dates about 1986 then I would be obviously incorrect.
    Shoot! After 31 years in the martial arts I have quite an extensive collection of Shaolin and other Shaolin sub-style kung fu forms... I would bet there's at least 200 sets (empty hand, training drill sets, weapons, two mant empty & weapon set, etc). 90% of my material is pre-1900's (Fukien Shaolin art and Tongbei). I do have some not so old styles like Mantis, Ziranmen, etc. Nonetheless, there still pre-1900's. So, with documentation and lineage validation from America to Mainland China, Fujian Province I can award myself the title of Grandmaster. Considering, I'm the only senior instructor of my teacher here in America making me the only one with our styles family lineage and manuals. LOL, Joking! Really, This is acceptable here in America, but it wouldn't fly in mainland China.

SD will continue to build until it declines, just as a "ALL" the other styles/arts out there... How many of you really think that the American (the majority) public gives a rats a$$ about who is who and what? The majority could care less, SAD but TRUE... anyway, I gotta go work on my new Grandmastership title, lol...

Shaolin power never goes sour!

CS.
    The Style Doesn't Make The Master Famous. The Master Makes The Style Famous!

3. yeah well my grandmaster can speak 16 languages and hop on one foot

man wow!

since you have the be all end all system and know we are studying crap please move onto something else. you post irrelevant topics and have very little to add to the conversation here. you are flaming and trolling with almost every post.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    yeah well my grandmaster can speak 16 languages and hop on one foot

man wow!

since you have the be all end all system and know we are studying crap please move onto something else. you post irrelevant topics and have very little to add to the conversation here. you are flaming and trolling with almost every post.

I was only adding my anology on this thread (SD & ST). I'm always careful to not disrespect anyone or style when I post. I'm not dissing ST, he built his style and made it what it is today.... More power to him & SD. Believe it or not, regardless of how SD comes across, it really help build popularity within the CMA.... In my opinion... Anyway, power to the people. Gotta love America...

CS

Quote Originally Posted by Citong Shifu View Post
    I was only adding my anology on this thread (SD & ST). I'm always careful to not disrespect anyone or style when I post. I'm not dissing ST, he built his style and made it what it is today.... More power to him & SD. Believe it or not, regardless of how SD comes across, it really help build popularity within the CMA.... In my opinion... Anyway, power to the people. Gotta love America...

CS
    I think KFJ was referring to MRK's post not yours. Am I right, KFJ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I think KFJ was referring to MRK's post not yours. Am I right, KFJ?

yep!

nothing about you in there citong

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    He got his college degrees at Western Ky University and Eastern Kentucky University. He had to go to college or he would be sent back to mainland China where he fled from. He got a degree in accounting, Medicine, pharmacy, philosophy, phycology, and I can't remember the others. But I assure you he didn't "buy" his degrees. He's very intellegent.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    yep!

nothing about you in there citong
    Oh, that guy. I was wondering about that, lol... Ok, catch you guys later. Thanks.

CS

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    He got his college degrees at Western Ky University and Eastern Kentucky University. He had to go to college or he would be sent back to mainland China where he fled from. He got a degree in accounting, Medicine, pharmacy, philosophy, phycology, and I can't remember the others. But I assure you he didn't "buy" his degrees. He's very intellegent.
    You guys have a school website? If so, what's the link. Thanks.

CS

Grandmaster Citong

"careful not to disrespect anyone or style" What about Wah Lum? Gotcha, just had to say it!
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Since I'm on a roll here of trolling (according to you), let me troll some more......What you say is trolling is merely me stating the truth about your style. I along with many others have stated that Shaolin Do Karate isn't kung fu. It may contain a little bit of Shaolin kung fu but it's not purely kung fu. People should know this up front before joining. "Grandmaster" Sin may have the word Shaolin in the name but certain techniques that are taught are not shaolin kung fu. Lets call an ace an ace and a spade a spade. Don't B.S. people just to make a buck off the name Shaolin. Remember, I studied under him many many years ago but I still remember some of the stuff he taught. Looking back, it did not resemble anything that I have seen that is Shaolin. Does this mean every one else is a fraud? If your right and I'm making false statements out of ignorance than why is it that there are 1000's of people who have said the same thing? Are they ignorant as well for making the same statements?

Quote Originally Posted by yu shan View Post
    Grandmaster Citong

"careful not to disrespect anyone or style" What about Wah Lum? Gotcha, just had to say it!
    LMAO . Dont you know, Citong Power Never Goes Sour! ... No really, I was thinking more along the lines of - Great Supreme Grandmaster Citong - I kinda want to be different from everyone else. LOL...

Tell or show me a technique that is not Shaolin included in SD. ??? If SD were called China Hand Chuan Fa would all this bul be going on ? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Tell or show me a technique that is not Shaolin included in SD. ??? If SD were called China Hand Chuan Fa would all this bul be going on ? KC
    China Hand Chuan Fa is just as ridiculous as Chinese Kenpo, Shaolin Kenpo, Chinese Goju or any other half dozen claims to the Shaolin name or China, so yeah probably... and it has.

Technique that is not Shaolin included in SD??
    • Ippon Kumite -- c'mon....
    • Xingyi -- Yue Feh/Muslim origins depending on the story or line
    • Bagua Zhang -- Jiang Rong qiao's bagua has Cheng Ting Hua roots
    • Taiji Quan -- Chen is the closest to Shaolin Pao Chui of all the taiji styles & it gets further & further from there
    • Mulan Quan Fans -- The woman who put it together in Shanghai plays taiji
    • 5 Animal Play -- Hua To wasn't from Shaolin... he predates it

How's that for staters?
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

I address the Hua To statement .
    Wushu (or Kung fu) appeared in ancient China as early as 2,500 years ago. During the Spring and Autumn and the Warring States Periods (770 - 221BC), a method called Daoyin was evolved to promote health.

In a tomb of Western Han Dynasty (206BC - 24AD), discovered near Changsha in Hunan Province, a silk scroll was found on which figures were drawn in different postures -- sitting in meditation, bending, or squatting. At the end of Eastern Han Dynasty (25 - 220AD), a renowned medical doctor, Hua Tuo, created a set of exercises called Wuqinxi (Five Animals Play), mimicking the movements of animals. One of Hua's disciples, also a devotee of Wuqingxi, was said to have lived over 100 years. Wu Pu, another Hua's follower, was reputed to have sound teeth and acute hearing and sight at his late 80s. Hua Tuo's inventive work has a far-reaching influence on the history of Chinese Wushu

It is only Logical that it had such wide impact that the Shaolin would have incorporated it as well.

The Chen village is quite close to the Shaolin Temple and it is rumored the other styles came from it. The Shaolin temple teaches a Tai Chi as well thus Tai Chi is also Shaolin.
    SS the Shaolin Temples encompassed much more than you might know and though I am no scholar of the Shaolin Temples even I can see the connection. KC
    Last edited by kwaichang; 10-19-2007 at 06:26 PM.
    A Fool is Born every Day !