View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 574 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 744745245645725735745755765846246741074 ... LastLast
Results 8,596 to 8,610 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by BM2 View Post
    Dude, has anyone told you that you are full of crap?
    Yes, but since it came from a piece of poo, I just smiled and laughed in spite of him.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 12-08-2007 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    from whom? did ie travel to korea?
    GMIe's travels were before he settled in Indonesia.....pre 50's......plus their calling their whole system Pakua plus it states he was the sole succesor of the system...ck your PM

Hey BQ,
    Here are some clips of CMA in Malaysia -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Wspd7GOb8

Except for the comment that CMA does not exist in China anymore (had me rolling on the floor - that IS very funny), it's a pretty neat example of CMA in the Nusantra.

As far as that guy - who knows - does he really claim it is the SAME Master Ie?

I've seen other tools claim ownership of entire 'mun', Gene Chocoine for example, or Sin The' on his websites (only Shaolin Grandmaster). It is a silly concept, and seems dependent upon people not knowing better and a lack of information.

I do find it odd that he claims Master Ie - I mean why bother unless he DID learn from him, as Master Ie is not really that well known outside of SD. Sin the' is also very clear that Ie did not teach non-Chinese. While it is not unheard of for a teacher to issue a certificate for cash and no training, especially in times of need, it all does kinda make you wonder.

Is there still an existing branch of Ie's school in Bandung? What do they call themselves?
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Hey BQ,

Except for the comment that CMA does not exist in China anymore (had me rolling on the floor - that IS very funny), it's a pretty neat example of CMA in the Nusantra.

As far as that guy - who knows - does he really claim it is the SAME Master Ie?

I've seen other tools claim ownership of entire 'mun', Gene Chocoine for example, or Sin The' on his websites (only Shaolin Grandmaster). It is a silly concept, and seems dependent upon people not knowing better and a lack of information.

I do find it odd that he claims Master Ie - I mean why bother unless he DID learn from him, as Master Ie is not really that well known outside of SD. Sin the' is also very clear that Ie did not teach non-Chinese. While it is not unheard of for a teacher to issue a certificate for cash and no training, especially in times of need, it all does kinda make you wonder.

Is there still an existing branch of Ie's school in Bandung? What do they call themselves?

Of course there is or are many branch schools of Master Ie in Bandung or surrounding area's. After all, he taught more than just one desciple. From my understanding he had a fairly large school while in Indonesia. I'm not sure what they call themselves, but JP and some of the other guys were commenting on this subject a little while back... Can you guys (SD) spread some light on this please. I would like to look into the arts/styles taught in Bandung as well..

Thanks.
    CS
    The Style Doesn't Make The Master Famous. The Master Makes The Style Famous!

Quote Originally Posted by Citong Shifu View Post
    Of course there is or are many branch schools of Master Ie in Bandung or surrounding area's. After all, he taught more than just one desciple. From my understanding he had a fairly large school while in Indonesia. I'm not sure what they call themselves, but JP and some of the other guys were commenting on this subject a little while back... Can you guys (SD) spread some light on this please. I would like to look into the arts/styles taught in Bandung as well..

Thanks.
    CS
    i have very little information about this topic but here are a few things i was told by my teacher about one of ie chang mings students.
    "chi tung" was a student of grand master ie chang ming in bandung. i do not know the correct spelling of his name or how to contact him but my teacher met chi tung on their 1992 trip to bandung and did push hands etc with him and his senior student. i was told their tai chi chuan was very good.

another name i have been told about is "su tay" ... i have no idea how to spell his name . i understand that he is the person who gave gmt the case with all of the old notes from ie chang ming in 1992.

best,

bruce
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Hey BQ,

Didn't you get the memo? All that stuff is Modern Wushu It's the Time-Traveling Modern Wushu Conspiracy. Not only did they manage to exterminate every last TCMA practitioner in one of the most populous countries on earth (statistics, schmatistics) the PRC went back in time 100 years and changed martial arts forms to look all "different"

Also the earth is flat and the sky is green.
    Last edited by BlueTravesty; 12-08-2007 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Relevance was somewhat lacking in one of the statements, my apologies
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

Quote Originally Posted by shaolindoiscool View Post
    i have very little information about this topic but here are a few things i was told by my teacher about one of ie chang mings students.
    "chi tung" was a student of grand master ie chang ming in bandung. i do not know the correct spelling of his name or how to contact him but my teacher met chi tung on their 1992 trip to bandung and did push hands etc with him and his senior student. i was told their tai chi chuan was very good.

another name i have been told about is "su tay" ... i have no idea how to spell his name . i understand that he is the person who gave gmt the case with all of the old notes from ie chang ming in 1992.

best,

bruce

"Su tay", or as I've heard it pronounced "Su Fei", was a college of Master Ie but not part of the same school. He was the one that gave him the cases of Ie's notes from what I've been told.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

8. i believe su fei also requested hsing yi tutelage from gmt at the same time he gave the notes

9. i just double checked my notes and gmt told us all at a festival that story and he did in fact teach su fei hsing I.

Blog Entries
    The guys in that video have a "flavor" that's very similar to the way I was taught. I'll take that over modern shaolin any day.

SHaolin Do is t3h real...
    SO real it resurrects itself from the grave... as in my case.

Fear and be baffled by my awe inspiring powers....

Jesus...
    I forgot the password to this account for years... literally...
    And beautifully enough, I just remembered it.

... And remember, Support local hip hop!
    f*ckers.
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

[QUOTE=Shaolin-Do;825037]

I forgot the password to this account for years... literally...
    And beautifully enough, I just remembered it.

QUOTE]

Ahhh...We are soo lucky
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    I found out alittle about the pa kua guy who studied with Ie chang ming. Back in the 60's he studied aikido and karate. He went to a tournament or something in Korea, and someone told him of master ie. He said that no matter what you did you couldn't touch him. The pa kua guy met master ie and ask him to teach him. Master ie refused but eventually gave in when offered alot of money. According to my source, pa kua is all he learned from master ie. This is the info I was given.

Could you ask when he studied? I do know that Master Sin paid quite a bit more than the other students because his parents could afford it. That is paraphrased from what he had said. I usually refrain from quoting other people.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Go on You Tube and key in best fighter of the world and tell me what those guys are wearing ??? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

let me guess... japanese underwear?

who cares?

the gi thing doesn't really matter. it is the least of the questions about sd.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!