View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1044 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 44544944994103410421043104410451046105410941144 ... LastLast
Results 15,646 to 15,660 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Speaking of demo's, can someone in the SD camp comment on this one?

http://youtu.be/foDXjaSyQMk

My apologies if this video has already been posted, I pop in and out of this thread and have not read the entire thing.

Sin The is first, doing some strange thing with two canes. He appears at times to forget his next move or even to be making stuff up. I was actually looking forward to being amazed by The, because everyone talks about his physical conditioning.

The second form seemed like legitimate enough Chinese broadsword techniques, but I was a bit uninspired again by the performance level.

The third form is just amazing and out of this world. In fact the what-the-f@ckery that happens between 3:20 and 3:45 was so bad, I had to stop watching, with over 15 minutes of demonstration left. Maybe something awesome happened in that time...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    LKFMDC is gone; HW108 hasn't been around for ages either; Jamieson restricts his moding to the MFP; KC was all happy to be back again; Rudy Abel,Goju , Knife Fighter and the rest of the chronic whiners haven't been heard from for years;

can't believe this...

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

the third one was pretty weird. I get what they were attempting. But nah.

Sin The sucks. I train with preteens who have better form than he does. Str8 up. He looks like he can't even remember what comes next. Rush, stall, rush, stall wow. And that is the top guy, best example in the whole system. Lineage holder. Keeper of the flame. Brutal!

Those BB's are so rough. Pretty low standards in level assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Mr Reiter, all games aside. the above statement is one of the most heartfelt ones i've read on this whole topic. and i feel for you as one of its descendants. and i agree, things would be so much better if SIN THE just issued a statement with an apology along with the truth i'm sure the rest of the TCMA world would eventually forgive and forget. you can't go wrong with the truth.

i hope you can see my position as well. My lineage knows that the 5 animal form as seen by jake's video is our form. we know there aren't any other schools that teach this specific form. sure, many schools have 5 animal forms. but no one looks the same. still, the rest of the martial arts community knows this form is from our lineage. no one has ever seen anything close to it and its framework.

There isn't a need for Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut to fight over a form we know to be ours. beyond the shadow of a doubt. but since your lineage has absorbed it via the book by DFW, all i want is its proper recognition. your lineage already practices it and is probably being spread today.

as long as YOU and YOUR students know the authentic source for this form isn't SHAOLIN DO all i can do is ask YOU to do is do whats right. honor the form and its true source. give my lineage its proper respect as its source. and i promise you you would make a good friends. just try to see things from my position just for a moment.

pls know this tho, if you want to act like the others here and keep trying to twist the truth to be in favor of Shaolin Do, then i'm not sure we can be cool. pls understand my position.

and, my offer extends to you as well, if you know the form and want the proper way of doing it, im sure my sifu will work out something.

Frank. (notice the HSK is missing).

i did not learn any of the external stuff. i do not know your form. i am sure my sd teacher would not say you were wrong about origin of your form.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    Do you consider this a better expression/understanding of mantis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rum8HfHYLRI
    SPM is something else. You guys should know these differences.

Quote Originally Posted by buddajoe View Post
    http://youtu.be/Fqu9lfZ9aEg shows the same erroneous thoughts at 1.06 hr.
    The two man at 106 is rough. So those guys are BB's? Wow, SD has really high standards. These guys are masters?

I love how the guy will throw a right, wait till the other guy goes thru his motions, then what seems like 25 minutes later he'll throw out the left. Try those in a real fight with that speed. You will get hit over and over and over...........

I watch these vids, watch in disbelief at these guys wearing high rankings but pretty much show what I would consider to be intermediate skill, at best. Then I don't watch SD vids for a few weeks and start thinking "maybe I'm being too rough on these guys" but then I go watch another vid and start seeing that I am not rough enough. That sh1t is soft, weak, barely coordinated. I honestly feel sorry for the real lineages that created some of these forms and having to watch SD make a train wreck out of them. It's like recording a great song, then some d1ck comes along and does a cover that makes you feel shame just for hearing it.

Sin The thinks they are finger jabs because he only learned the forms from books and made up all the info to fill the gaps of knowledge not given in the books. He sees a guy with 3 curled fingers and the index more straight and assumes it's a poke.

I would love to see Sin The fight a real fighter. I imagine it would be something like when the no touch guy fought that barely amateur MMA kid and pretty much quit after getting punched once or twice. He didn't fall, he gave in cause his face hurt. Real fighters don't stop when they get clocked but are still conscious.

If what KC says is true about his skill level and experience then he should be able to tear Sin The in half in under 10 seconds. I'm talking on some one punch type sh1t.

This is what a real master looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOvO5...eature=related
    Last edited by Syn7; 10-21-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Form

I have seen GMThe do forms well and not as well, there are physical limitations in all forms , there are forms that all cant do correctly or "right". No one is perfect or flawless in forms. If they were there would be more posts of individuals doing their forms instead of cutting down others who perform their forms. I have heard never judge a book by its cover. There are many I have seen in SD that are awesome in any sense of the word. Those are the ones you need to see. Lets see howmany can kick well or move with a RC tear or meniscus tear or what ever and still do well. I defend no one but much like Obama and no one like him for what he hasnt done all because the 2 party system sux. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

there is only one thing that can redeem sing the

does he bang the white wimmins?

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

saw it

Taai , I agree your form is good but sorry I have seen better, and BTW by GMThe. I hope that didnt hurt too much. The Obama thing was a Joke. I will find the form I am looking for I believe it was the Ground Dragon from Lex Ky. Good form. KC

OKinawa Te, a much simpler dynamic form no comparison to Chinese Forms, even SD, I will search one of the ones i have on dvd at home and see what I can find. KC

OK here you go

Tear this one up. Then do it for us as well. http://youtu.be/wJ014DD7X0w
    Ground Dragon I trained with this Guy and he is Good. Oh and SD Tee Hee KC

Quote Originally Posted by buddajoe View Post
    http://youtu.be/1M7M7rLxcYg
    The video http://youtu.be/Fqu9lfZ9aEg shows the same erroneous thoughts at 1.06 hr. They lack a basic understanding of Northern Mantis.
    wow...just wow...

how mentally imbalanced do you have to be to go to China, see the real stuff and then have the ballz to get up there and do that SD crap and not realize how miserable you look in comparison?

wow...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    wow...just wow...

how mentally imbalanced do you have to be to go to China, see the real stuff and then have the ballz to get up there and do that SD crap and not realize how miserable you look in comparison?

wow...
    you can tell the announcers and other performers feel disgusted and confused, but keep poker faces.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

OK here you go
    Tear this one up. Then do it for us as well. http://youtu.be/wJ014DD7X0w
    Ground Dragon I trained with this Guy and he is Good. Oh and SD Tee Hee KC
    i say stop being girly man and show a video of yourself doing form. you no good? that why? chicken cluck cluck chicken chicken cluck cluck.

shaolin do is karate i think. the way the move reminded me of karate. very stiff. no kung fu. no fluidity.
    Last edited by Snipsky; 10-23-2012 at 02:24 PM.

There was some bad stuff there, no doubt. I confess I didn't watch the entire video, but I did see a modified version of our 9 section chain whip that was deacent and the Hua 2 man set was ok. Not great, but not terrible. I can certainly link to some Hua videos of, shall we say, more legitimate lineages that are worse than that. But the unavoidable point is that none of the performances were outstanding, and you would have expected better on that stage certainly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.