View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 168 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 681181581661671681691701782182686681168 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by ttm
    oh yes it does,because david and sharon where students under eric smith and eric smith was under master hiang. when master hiang and master sin split david and sharon followed master sin instead because they knew he had the complete art and that is when they decided to go and form their own group.It was not until later that eric smith decided to join master sin instead of following master hiang..this is all just what was told to me some odd 15 years ago...but it is the most consistant story I have heard in the art .
    Consistant perhaps...but not correct.

The big 3 at the time along with 2 that are no longer in the style all went with Master Sin. But as my good friend BM2 put it, its neither here nor there.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by BM2
    I think some of this, well all of that stuff, should be better off in a PM. Better yet, delete it all. I know if someone was throwing around stuff that they heard about me from a second hand source, I wouldn't like to read about it on an online forum.Why don't you go google one of his students? I'm sure everyone needs a good laugh once in a while
    What I meant by my statement of a good laugh, Master Hiang's students would laugh at what is being said.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Y'know, I always kind of had this little theory of mine that both Master Sin and Hiang were taught all the same things and whatnot, but when it came time to run the school, Sin wanted to name himself GM (afterall, there are discrepencies to Ie's death, and discrepencies to when Sin actually received the Red Belt - that is between SD and CSC), but Hiang didn't agree with what Sin was doing, and so he started his own school, and named himself Grandmaster.

Haha, just a little something that cooked in my head for awhile. But seriously, this debate gets way too convoluted everytime it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by kristob
    Y'know, I always kind of had this little theory of mine that both Master Sin and Hiang were taught all the same things and whatnot, but when it came time to run the school, Sin wanted to name himself GM (afterall, there are discrepencies to Ie's death, and discrepencies to when Sin actually received the Red Belt - that is between SD and CSC), but Hiang didn't agree with what Sin was doing, and so he started his own school, and named himself Grandmaster.

Haha, just a little something that cooked in my head for awhile. But seriously, this debate gets way too convoluted everytime it happens.
    That argument would be stronger if it weren't for the fact that Hiang taught under Sin The for several years prior to going out on his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

speaking only for my incomplete sorry underbelt self, anything between masters sin and hsiang is between masters sin and hsiang and something i would really, really stay out of.

bottom line is...

I saw both of them on the K.E.T. video series. G.M. Sin laughs a lot more. Master Hsiang seemed a lot less laid back. They both have their own style of teaching. I remember a rather sinister joke made by G.M. Sin. Something about dying laughing. No thank you, kind Grandmaster.

I have ordered

...shattering hand and look forward to merging it with what I am able to learn of hsing-i.

Quote Originally Posted by humbleman
    speaking only for my incomplete sorry underbelt self, anything between masters sin and hsiang is between masters sin and hsiang and something i would really, really stay out of.
    Well, that is you. Right or wrong people debate the merits of everything. No one is exempt.

Quote Originally Posted by godzillakungfu
    Well, that is you. Right or wrong people debate the merits of everything. No one is exempt.

But when people debate, they generally have facts (not heresay) to back up their arguement. Unfortunately, when debating on this subject, very few know the facts. But don't get me wrong, I myself do not know all the facts but considering what is posted most of the time, neither does anyone else.

Case in point: Opinion-After the split, the brothers became sworn enemies and hated each other. A fight to the death was comiing any day.

Fact- While they don't vacation in Bali together, when they meet in public, they are both very pleasant and cordial to each other.

This whole distain for each other is more likely a good old fashion tinkle contest conjured up by the students of each.

Now back to the regularly scheduled bickering.......

Quote Originally Posted by humbleman
    ...shattering hand and look forward to merging it with what I am able to learn of hsing-i.

Shattering Hand is a very nice set of techniques based on the movements of Hsing I. Many applications to a variety of attacks. Very nice indeed.

Hope you enjoy them

I hope you like the Shattering DVD KC good stuff
    A Fool is Born every Day !

1,894 posts on a topic started by "kung fu fan" who has all of 1 posts on KFO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Smile excuse me..

Quote Originally Posted by godzillakungfu
    this is correct ...I did this to stir up the pot a little .just to see where people stood on a very old debate. I know that everyone has their opinion but to be honest this is what is the cause of the east west battle and I would like to settle it( to some degree) so maybe the masters can hear about it, learn from it ,and end the battle so that the art can be whole again

..funny thing is that I got some of this first and second hand ,and they could not tell me how it really happened either ..so ther ya go..

Did this question ever get answered?
    I'm assuming we all agreed it's about as effective as anything else right.
    Other than that , this discussion has been pretty much an adventure even for a mostly observer such as myself.

Good Gosh!!!!!!

I have never seen so many people rip on one style for so long... I'm really glad that I have only one person obsessed with hating on me or my style.... He's retarded and illiterate anyway, lol , so I dont know if that really counts . Anyway, Does anyone think this thread will be put to rest? Shaolin Do is what it is, does it really matter? Ok, talk to you all later.
    The Style Doesn't Make The Master Famous. The Master Makes The Style Famous!