View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1309 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 309809120912591299130713081309131013111319 ... LastLast
Results 19,621 to 19,635 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Bawang

Great start for a Haiku
    A Fool is Born every Day !

2. haven't heard any new news yet. I know the Soards had some stuff blow up on them but nothing has come out about it yet.

Share with us?
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Black Tiger

"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow, you cannot pass!"

Blog Entries
    Our black tiger forms have many useful and practical self defense techniques.

Wang Zhi Jiu. I have the foto of Wang Zhi Jiu and many many foto of Djie Siauw Foe. Wang Zhi Jiu have many medal from win the competition in China.

Funny

Was watch a video off youtube and was wondering everyone on he was talking about the guys skill and having tai chi, pa kua, and hsing-i, but no one said anything about all his students wearing many types if GIs? Or about how his lower students forms were so "karater" like?
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    Was watch a video off youtube and was wondering everyone on he was talking about the guys skill and having tai chi, pa kua, and hsing-i, but no one said anything about all his students wearing many types if GIs? Or about how his lower students forms were so "karater" like?
    This and the fact their curriculum structure (going from external to internal) is similar to how SD was back in the 60's, 70's, early 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    This and the fact their curriculum structure (going from external to internal) is similar to how SD was back in the 60's, 70's, early 80's.
    There are many differences in what hung I siang taught in tsd. One of the main differences is sin kwang the made claims about the history of these arts that were not true. He told lies.
    Look at the quality of Bagua Lou du xiu demonstrates in that documentary, he is shown I a gi getting instruction from hung I siang. Compare this to sin the or bill Leonard's representation of Bagua ...

The gi is not the problem with Shaolin do ...
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Sin kwang the made up stories about the gi and disguising the art from authorities by wearing a gi.
    Full of apparent lies and vague history bs.

Hung I siang used a gi and japan type of rank because he likes the Japanese way of organizing a system and a gi is strong enough to train in.
    No apparent lies or vague history bs.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    Amidst hostile men

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brucereiter View Post
    There are many differences in what hung I siang taught in tsd. One of the main differences is sin kwang the made claims about the history of these arts that were not true. He told lies.
    Look at the quality of Bagua Lou du xiu demonstrates in that documentary, he is shown I a gi getting instruction from hung I siang. Compare this to sin the or bill Leonard's representation of Bagua ...

The gi is not the problem with Shaolin do ...
    I wasn't comparing performances. Just the curriculum structure and uniforms. I agree the quality of movement is different. The Chen style demonstrated by sin the' is hard to watch. He obviously didnt learn that from a master of that style. The bagua I'm still not sure about. He uses the lion step instead of the mud stepping technique. And when he's taped, it's always him breaking it down slowly. Ive seen tape of him doing the yang 64 form and it wasn't bad.
    Chen style tai chi looks amazing when the form is done well. But in a fight in the ring it looks just like everything else.

Yes I get all the history and story stuff but I was just talking about a lot if the early stuff with the gis and the apperance of the performance of lower, and some upper, material in SD. Personally I could care less put I am always interested in others thoughts.

For give me if this has been asked before

Are there any shaolin do videos of fighters and forms performances?

Thanks in advance.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Are there any shaolin do videos of fighters and forms performances?

Thanks in advance.
    YouTube
    Search
    Sin kwang the internal examples
    You can see sin the and bill leonard doing bad forms.

My YouTube channel linked below shows some of my understanding of the tai chi CHUAN and push hands I learned while in the system.
    It is based on what gary grooms taught me.

Mike reid from csc marietta has a lot of videos up.

What exactly are you looking for?
    Last edited by brucereiter; 12-17-2013 at 04:19 AM.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    Amidst hostile men

Yes I get all the history and story stuff but I was just talking about a lot if the early stuff with the gis and the apperance of the performance of lower, and some upper, material in SD. Personally I could care less put I am always interested in others thoughts.
    My understanding is that hung I Hsiang thought a student needed to learn "external" or Shaolin style of martial arts before learning internal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hung_I-Hsiang

The above link may give some insistence or at least show where to find more information.

It is a interesting parralel in the way of organizing a system.
    When I saw the bbc documentry on hung I Hsiang in the mid 1990's (before I was aware of sin the's bull****) it seemed they were very similar.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    Amidst hostile men