View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 674 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1745746246646726736746756766847247741174 ... LastLast
Results 10,096 to 10,110 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    You read my posts because you know i speak the truth. I care becuase I have your best interest at heart. I didn't realize my posts were passive aggresive ploys to make a neg comment. I have asked SD students these question but have not recieved a logical answer. The reason I'm so focused on that statement about being to deadly for tournaments is because GM Sin does not approve of his students competing on the open circuit against other styles but yet he has his own tournament for just SD people. So what he is saying is it's to deadly to use on the open circuit but it's not to deadly to use on your fellow SD brothers and sisters? Makes no sense. I've had several SD students say that they have been told that they may compete at tournaments but it's frowned apon and discouraged by GM sin. As for you seeing some of my practice.....sure. You may see me practice any time you want. Just pay me $20 per practice session that you watch. Remember, no free lessons. That much I did learn from GM Sin when I studied SD back in the early 80's at the Sports Center on Richmond Road (behind McDonalds and what was then TW Lee's).
    B.S. I've competed and its not frowned on. Master Garry used to host an open tournament in J.C., but stopped because it was too expensive. He had a student that fought in an MMA match in Louisville KY. Not only did he approve, he went and watched him.

Your "facts" are 20 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by BentMonk View Post
    BTW if you're going to talk so much smack about how some one's art sucks, you might gain at least a speck of credibility by posting some video to show all of us poor unfortunate souls how awesome you and the art you study are, and why we should let ourselves be saved by your awesomeness. Without some proof in your pudding your posts are nothing more than a diversion only slightly more enjoyable than watching paint dry.
    It will never happen. Mark is too content in talking about how good his teachers are instead. I know both be reputation and believe them to be great martial artists, but having a skilled teacher doesn't mean that you are any good.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Not only did he approve, he went and watched him.
    His teacher didn't corner for him?
    Who ran the corner?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

From my experience, he is fine with it, but I always ask first because its the polite and respectful thing to do. Get your teacher's blessing.
    oh, I have no desire to do an open tournament. I only mentioned it to give perspective of one who enjoys atmosphere the "SD only" sparring.

As for you seeing some of my practice.....sure. You may see me practice any time you want. Just pay me $20 per practice session that you watch. Remember, no free lessons.

I call BULLSH!T!!!! You don't know any kung-fu whatsoever, and you lie when you claim to know the Ng family. Why else won't you show off your skills? You're afraid of baqualin, and you won't go near a SD kwoon because you know you'll be exposed as the charlatan that you are.

BTW, I must commend you on your troll skills, that 'shaolin ninja' tard didn't last as long as you. Well done flamer.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

You read my posts because you know i speak the truth. I care becuase I have your best interest at heart. I didn't realize my posts were passive aggresive ploys to make a neg comment.
    be honest with yourself.

I have asked SD students these question but have not recieved a logical answer. The reason I'm so focused on that statement about being to deadly for tournaments is because GM Sin does not approve of his students competing on the open circuit against other styles but yet he has his own tournament for just SD people. So what he is saying is it's to deadly to use on the open circuit but it's not to deadly to use on your fellow SD brothers and sisters? Makes no sense.
    try to understand the word context.

when doing any kind of competition there are rules and the basic safety of your opponent is a concern. to use the mma paradigm (you can use google to look it up :-) ) as an example in the ring they will punch/kick/grapple etc but if you take most mma guys out of the "ring" and put them in a self defense situation say where they defend their wife every thing changes and what they do there may not be suitable for competition. does that make sense?

I've had several SD students say that they have been told that they may compete at tournaments but it's frowned apon and discouraged by GM sin.
    so what?

As for you seeing some of my practice.....sure. You may see me practice any time you want. Just pay me $20 per practice session that you watch. Remember, no free lessons. That much I did learn from GM Sin when I studied SD back in the early 80's at the Sports Center on Richmond Road (behind McDonalds and what was then TW Lee's).
    blah blah blah it is hard to understand you through all of your blah blah blah lol.

it would be nice to see what you do to help "us" understand where you are coming from. are you afraid to share your martial insights? is what you do a secret?
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamassu View Post
    I call BULLSH!T!!!! You don't know any kung-fu whatsoever, and you lie when you claim to know the Ng family. Why else won't you show off your skills? You're afraid of baqualin, and you won't go near a SD kwoon because you know you'll be exposed as the charlatan that you are.

BTW, I must commend you on your troll skills, that 'shaolin ninja' tard didn't last as long as you. Well done flamer.
    Is this what you really think? ............ LMFAO.
    Well lets see, how can I prove to you that I am who I say I am and that I am part of the Ng family. I would have you call my sifu but he is living in China now working for an electronics company that is based out of Sichuan Province. You may e-mail his brother to ask him or you may call Sijo Rusty Gray in Tennessee to ask him who I am or you may call Master Bruce Linville also in Tennessee and ask him if I'm a student under John Dufresne who is a direct student of GrandMaster Dr. John Wing Loc Ng. I also studied under GM Ng for 2 and a half years before studying under John Dufresne. How else can I prove to you.....here we go.....Four Seasons Kung Fu & Wu Shu Academy was owned and runned by GM Ng. The school was on Regency Road. John Ng had a big dog named Tojo, it was a Japanese Akida. The teachers there were Eric Nesson, John Dufresne, Mark Burgher, Tony McIntire, Wes Allen, and Julie Frederick. Some of the other students of John Ng's were Kim Warner, Mary The' Fernandez, Gary Dezarn, and William Quam. What else do I need to say to you to prove I am who I say I am and that I trained under who I said I trained under.?

B.S. I've competed and its not frowned on. Master Garry used to host an open tournament in J.C., but stopped because it was too expensive. He had a student that fought in an MMA match in Louisville KY. Not only did he approve, he went and watched him.

Your "facts" are 20 years old.
    It's never been frowned on...35 years old info....GMS used to hold open tourneys....stopped because of restrictions placed on techniques allowed by the national organizations of that time......pretty much all the upper levels have competed on the national & local level at one time or another...some still do....most have done very well I might add. So to make a long story short....Mark knows nothing of SD today or twenty years ago....who really cares.....showing up to a tourney with a frog top trimmed in red with jeans and Iguana boots kinda paints a picture of a village idiot....I don't think Mark will really do that.....just looking to stir up sh!t for attention or he's jealous because we love the SD family and what we do.

Mark, you PM'd me with an interest in Tai Chi and I responded with my phone number (weeks ago) and an open invitation to call me anytime to talk, possibly meet and see if I could be of help to you.....have you picked up the phone and called me, no....you also know that I will be out of town for this gathering...first time in years I've missed one......If you really want to meet....then do so and quit your BS....I have no quarrel with you or anyone else....as I told you I only care about teaching, helping people to have a better quality of life and give what has been given to me. These are some of the things I have learned from GMS & EML...not just kicking someones a$$...it's called respect .....hope you can learn this too someday.
    You know my phone # and where I teach...use it!
    BQ

What else do I need to say to you to prove I am who I say I am and that I trained under who I said I trained under.?
    Oh I don't know... maybe honor that little sparring match with Baqualin? All you've proven is you've done your homework online (well done), but everytime you open your mouth, nothing but sh!t spews out. Why should I bend over backwards to prove your claims, when a simple meet and greet w/ Baqualin will alieve all doubts? You talk a lot of smack about how SD sux but you never back it up. You want to come to the upcoming Lexington SD Gathering, but you're afraid to set foot in one of our kwoons; you're afraid to even MEET one of us face to face. No anger, no fighting, no p!ssing contest, just put your skills where your mouth is.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    It's never been frowned on...35 years old info....GMS used to hold open tourneys....stopped because of restrictions placed on techniques allowed by the national organizations of that time......pretty much all the upper levels have competed on the national & local level at one time or another...some still do....most have done very well I might add. So to make a long story short....Mark knows nothing of SD today or twenty years ago....who really cares.....showing up to a tourney with a frog top trimmed in red with jeans and Iguana boots kinda paints a picture of a village idiot....I don't think Mark will really do that.....just looking to stir up sh!t for attention or he's jealous because we love the SD family and what we do.

Mark, you PM'd me with an interest in Tai Chi and I responded with my phone number (weeks ago) and an open invitation to call me anytime to talk, possibly meet and see if I could be of help to you.....have you picked up the phone and called me, no....you also know that I will be out of town for this gathering...first time in years I've missed one......If you really want to meet....then do so and quit your BS....I have no quarrel with you or anyone else....as I told you I only care about teaching, helping people to have a better quality of life and give what has been given to me. These are some of the things I have learned from GMS & EML...not just kicking someones a$$...it's called respect .....hope you can learn this too someday.
    You know my phone # and where I teach...use it!
    BQ

No I actually didn't know you were going to be out of town for this event. I actually am going to it to watch.

No I actually didn't know you were going to be out of town for this event. I actually am going to it to watch.
    You should if you read the response to your PM the other day.
    BQ

no haven't read them lately but I will now.

Is this what you really think? ............ LMFAO.
    Well lets see, how can I prove to you that I am who I say I am and that I am part of the Ng family. I would have you call my sifu but he is living in China now working for an electronics company that is based out of Sichuan Province. You may e-mail his brother to ask him or you may call Sijo Rusty Gray in Tennessee to ask him who I am or you may call Master Bruce Linville also in Tennessee and ask him if I'm a student under John Dufresne who is a direct student of GrandMaster Dr. John Wing Loc Ng. I also studied under GM Ng for 2 and a half years before studying under John Dufresne. How else can I prove to you.....here we go.....Four Seasons Kung Fu & Wu Shu Academy was owned and runned by GM Ng. The school was on Regency Road. John Ng had a big dog named Tojo, it was a Japanese Akida. The teachers there were Eric Nesson, John Dufresne, Mark Burgher, Tony McIntire, Wes Allen, and Julie Frederick. Some of the other students of John Ng's were Kim Warner, Mary The' Fernandez, Gary Dezarn, and William Quam. What else do I need to say to you to prove I am who I say I am and that I trained under who I said I trained under.?

Mark, we get it. You're part of the Ng lineage. So you going to post a video of yourself now or keep talking about your pedigree? Like I said, having good teachers doesn't make you a good student.

I don't have a video of me and if I did I wouldn't know how to post it and thirdly I don't have a computer at home, only at work.

Blog Entries

tournament

If mark goes to the tournament he is going to see some very bad kung fu and some very good kung fu. I've been guilty of judging the "bad" kung fu in the past, but have since realized that almost all the participants are real people with real jobs and families. When you have so many other priorities developing a good form goes to the back burner, you practice as much as your time allows.
    I myself have a family and full time job so I get to practice about an hour a day. I'm not as good as I could be if I trained 4 hours a day.
    So Mark, if you do go try not to judge to harshly. But you will see some guys who can really throw down.

By the way, anyone know anything about this shaolin black tiger broadsword form? Has it been taught before? And is it part of our black tiger system?