View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 675 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1755756256656736746756766776857257751175 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,125 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    I don't have a video of me and if I did I wouldn't know how to post it and thirdly I don't have a computer at home, only at work.
    I didn't either. I filmed myself at an open tournament.

Its easy to post at youtube. Even a non-computer savy person like me can do it.

So you do all your posting on the company dime? Anyway, I'm sure a number of people would help you download the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

OPen tourneys are a political joke I competed for years and know what I am saying. As far as being "too deadly" I believe the words used is to lethal there is a difference in my mind I do not know of many or any tournaments that allow eye pokes groin grabs or single knuckle strikes or knee kicks or break locks etc and that is a portion of what is in SD . There are basically 5-7 tech used in tourneys 5 kicks and 4 punches etc. So yes SD is if trained as it should be is too lethal for tourneys, The tech used in tourneys are watered down tag matches . KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    If mark goes to the tournament he is going to see some very bad kung fu and some very good kung fu. I've been guilty of judging the "bad" kung fu in the past, but have since realized that almost all the participants are real people with real jobs and families. When you have so many other priorities developing a good form goes to the back burner, you practice as much as your time allows.
    I myself have a family and full time job so I get to practice about an hour a day. I'm not as good as I could be if I trained 4 hours a day.
    So Mark, if you do go try not to judge to harshly. But you will see some guys who can really throw down.

By the way, anyone know anything about this shaolin black tiger broadsword form? Has it been taught before? And is it part of our black tiger system?
    It's never been taught and yes it's a weapons form from the BT system.
    BQ

choices

It seems that Mark has gotten everybody fired up again. That's unfortunate. I currently study SD and enjoy it. I looked at all the CMA schools available to me and Shaolin Do was the best fit. As mentioned before by another post, I did indeed like many others factored in schedule, price, and the personality/dedication of the sifu and not the system so much. I have met many of the people Mark mentions and have found most of them, such as Sifu Gray, to be very open to other styles and training methods. He has even showed up to our school in the past to share technique and network. I have always found him to be very kind and respectful. Mark is very passionate about his style and that's okay, but I wish he would be at peace with others who make the best choices and decisions for themselves.

Most styles or systems have closed tournaments. It is an opportunity to meet others with the same interests and see old friends and make new ones. I have found closed tournaments to be more of a family reunion than a competition. But that's just my point of view. Open tournaments are fun and SD or anyone in it has never discouraged me from participated in one. I have even had the honor to be invited to private tournaments outside of SD for which I am grateful.

Hopefully, this post will return to sharing knowledge, news, and ideas for a greater good and not be used as a slamfest on other styles. It's obvious from previous posts that SD practitioners are not going to change their minds about things. Simply respect it and move on your on path. If it makes you at peace with the world and a better, productive member of society, that is good and that is the essence of kung fu in my opinion.

I Have known R Gray for approx 28 years and unless he has changed alot he is still arrogant self centered and a rip off KC

6. here he is again the bi polar mkriiiiass

man your a joke

i posted vids of me doing half ass **** kung fu

all you have done is blah blah blah

your a coward sir.

plain and simple.

peace and love is right. I should remember my promise to just ignore mark. I've got enough pressure in my life; i don't need any more negative energy from some troll on a forum.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Did you notice how Mrk got real nice when he hurt his back ? I guess he feels better now KC

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Did you notice how Mrk got real nice when he hurt his back ? I guess he feels better now KC
    Yeah, I noticed that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    peace and love is right. I should remember my promise to just ignore mark. I've got enough pressure in my life; i don't need any more negative energy from some troll on a forum.
    I was hoping you would remember that.
    BQ

Blog Entries

shaolin center demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Io7zkTNiS4

Just found this on youtube. I noticed they do lohan chien, lien u chang and others very different from the way I was taught.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Io7zkTNiS4

Just found this on youtube. I noticed they do lohan chien, lien u chang and others very different from the way I was taught.
    what types of differences do you notice?

i thought it was a good demo from a variety of students with varying ages, skill sets, understandings and length of time practicing the martial arts.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brucereiter View Post
    what types of differences do you notice?

i thought it was a good demo from a variety of students with varying ages, skill sets, understandings and length of time practicing the martial arts.

Not saying it was bad, just different. In lohan chien alot of postures were just different.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    OPen tourneys are a political joke I competed for years and know what I am saying. As far as being "too deadly" I believe the words used is to lethal there is a difference in my mind I do not know of many or any tournaments that allow eye pokes groin grabs or single knuckle strikes or knee kicks or break locks etc and that is a portion of what is in SD . There are basically 5-7 tech used in tourneys 5 kicks and 4 punches etc. So yes SD is if trained as it should be is too lethal for tourneys, The tech used in tourneys are watered down tag matches . KC
    And what makes SD more lethal or deadly than any other style?

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    okay, sorry guys. I did say I was going to behave didn't I. No more neg comments I promise. I'm sorry. Honestly. I had a relapse there for a few minutes. It won't happen again.

So whats everyone's plan for the weekend?