View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 858 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 358758808848856857858859860868908958 ... LastLast
Results 12,856 to 12,870 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by brucereiter View Post
    what is the evidence you speak of?
    i may not understand your relpy/comment to my comments. please clarify?
    I was agreeing with you

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Incorrect. If you release a song anyone can record it whether you, as the artist, like it or not.

Talk to Weird Al about that one.

Of course, the GOP could not use Mellencamp's version of "Pink Houses". That's not what we're talking about here. However if they got Joe Smoe to record it Mellencamp could disapprove but he couldn't stop it.
    I stand corrected.

you are mistaken. i am in the music biz ... the above is not the case. using pink house as the example. if you play there notes and use there lyrics and arrangements it would be against the law.

Prove it.

The Beatles are a classic example. If they had their own way no one would be allowed to record their music. Thousands of artists have covered the Beatles.

Blog Entries
    i saw those videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/shaolinlex#play/all
    this is some of the worst chen tai chi chuan i have ever seen. sorry if i offend but that is my honest opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/user/shaolinl.../1/GMWsOaCfRUo
    here he shows some yang 64 and tells legends about its history as fact totally leaving out that cheng man ching developed the variation of tai chi chuan he is attempting to do and that this all happened in the early 1900's.

to the shaolin do students what is your opinion of the tai chi chuan he shows?
    The first one is their version of chen taiji. I didn't particularly care for it. Alot of repititious hand waving.
    The second was the yang form that they teach. I thought it looked ok. The stances were short but that could be because of being on a small news set.

if it has been brought to your attention or is very openly common public knowledge and the truth is readily available to you yet you still stick to the lie. yes i think it does make "you" a liar.

if you are talking about sin the he has the means and ability to know at least some of what he says is not true. he is a very smart man ... give him some credit.
    I was just joking around . You are right

A lot of it is pointless to try and correct though. I think it would be easier to do like you said Master Grooms did and stop telling people all the non-sense than trying to correct it.

I give GMT more than enough credit

I think Master Sin is a victim of his own marketing...IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    The first one is their version of chen taiji. I didn't particularly care for it. Alot of repititious hand waving.
    The second was the yang form that they teach. I thought it looked ok. The stances were short but that could be because of being on a small news set.
    yeah , I dont know if I want to touch this one....

It looked like it was early in the morning and it was not too long after his surgery ...

I am not making excuses just putting things in perspective....

He has always been known as more of a external stylist than and internal stylist.
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 10-04-2009 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    I was agreeing with you
    lol ... cool i am glad someone does ...
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

see the clip of me doing the same form below. bill is the sr student in the system. should he just be "waiving his arms" the repetition was not the problem as that is the basic set. but his performance demonstrated zero understanding of the methods of chen tai chi chuan. please noone give me the old crap about it being "old" and everyone else doing "sport wushu"

i thought it was a poor representation of yang tai chi chuan, even more so since this the the sr student in the art and he is a "8th" degree "elder master".
    i would expect more.

here is a example of me doing the first part of the same to forms bill leonard is showing.
    the first 45 or so seconds is chen xinjia and the last bit is yang 64
    http://www.youtube.com/user/brucerei...13/bvaC2h1X5qw

for further reference here is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3A_0zCbYNM Feng Zhijiang Chen Taiji

and here is cmc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USJPmCZ6Efc
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    Amidst hostile men

yeah , I dont know if I want to touch this one....
    come on lol

It looked like it was early in the morning and it was not too long after his surgery ...
    i think even with his medical condition what he showed demonstrated very low understanding of tai chi chuan.

I am not making excuses just putting things in perspective....

He has always been known as more of a external stylist than and internal stylist.
    ehhh i do not think that matters. he claims to practice and teach tai chi chuan and has been doing it for many years. i just think he does not know much about tai chi chuan. it shows clearly from everything i have seen from him.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    Amidst hostile men

any ideas on the back ground of SDs tai chi sword form?
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Blog Entries
    see the clip of me doing the same form below. bill is the sr student in the system. should he just be "waiving his arms" the repetition was not the problem as that is the basic set. but his performance demonstrated zero understanding of the methods of chen tai chi chuan. please noone give me the old crap about it being "old" and everyone else doing "sport wushu"

i thought it was a poor representation of yang tai chi chuan, even more so since this the the sr student in the art and he is a "8th" degree "elder master".
    i would expect more.

here is a example of me doing the first part of the same to forms bill leonard is showing.
    the first 45 or so seconds is chen xinjia and the last bit is yang 64
    http://www.youtube.com/user/brucerei...13/bvaC2h1X5qw

for further reference here is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3A_0zCbYNM Feng Zhijiang Chen Taiji

and here is cmc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USJPmCZ6Efc

I'd say the biggest difference in Leonard's chen taichi and what is considered good is he wasn't demonstrating the spiraling energy that you would see in someone who understands the principles of chen style.

The one thing I noticed missing in his yang performance was something that many yang stylist consider very important, and that is differentiating which foot was full and which was empty.

come on lol

i think even with his medical condition what he showed demonstrated very low understanding of tai chi chuan.

ehhh i do not think that matters. he claims to practice and teach tai chi chuan and has been doing it for many years. i just think he does not know much about tai chi chuan. it shows clearly from everything i have seen from him.
    You know I was joking again...

I'd say the biggest difference in Leonard's chen taichi and what is considered good is he wasn't demonstrating the spiraling energy that you would see in someone who understands the principles of chen style.

The one thing I noticed missing in his yang performance was something that many yang stylist consider very important, and that is differentiating which foot was full and which was empty.
    Spiraling not circular....big difference....

Question Any one knows?

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    any ideas on the back ground of SDs tai chi sword form?
    Actually, that's a good question. Also, what's the SD background on these forms?

*Yang Tai Chi sword
    *Yang Broadsword
    *Dragon Bagua
    *Chen Tai Chi Fan
    *Bagua 2 person set
    *8 Animal Bagua

None of the Bagua forms seem to be from the same family. Also, there is a two person tai chi broadsword set. is there any other system that has one?
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

Blog Entries
    Spiraling not circular....big difference....
    could you elaborate on what your getting at?