View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1288 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 288788118812381278128612871288128912901298 ... LastLast
Results 19,306 to 19,320 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    There's also Mingogne (sp?). He doesn't have a large class, but he is up there in rank and skill.

It would not surprise me if any/all the defectors started calling themselves the grandmaster of their style. I would also expect them to start teaching material that they were not allowed to teach under Sin The to further distinguish themselves. I would also expect their to be more reaching out to Hiang The and his students as well.
    +1 JP.

That would not surprise me in the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

2. Asheville just made a facebook post stating their separation from The.

Ashville

Is the only one thus far to do so. That I know of. Except for Knoxville Tn Group. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

i love it when people take an action with such a high claim, i understand their point, but most of the time they also shortly come up on their own fall. Just the way i have seen things happen.
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Interesting

I think it is interesting that the apparent reason for the split, as is implied in the Asheville announcement, is that they can't support GMT when he continues to support the Soards after the sexual assault incident rather than being based on the obvious falsity regarding the material's origins.

Granted, I'm reading between the lines but it seems like Asheville is saying that it would be unethical to stay associated with a man who backs the Soards while it is, apparently, still okay to misrepresent the source of your material.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    I think it is interesting that the apparent reason for the split, as is implied in the Asheville announcement, is that they can't support GMT when he continues to support the Soards after the sexual assault incident rather than being based on the obvious falsity regarding the material's origins.

Granted, I'm reading between the lines but it seems like Asheville is saying that it would be unethical to stay associated with a man who backs the Soards while it is, apparently, still okay to misrepresent the source of your material.
    Probably because they still believe in the origins of the material.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Probably

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Probably because they still believe in the origins of the material.
    Probably so, but Knoxville left over the false material claims and not the Soard issue specifically, no?

Probably so, but Knoxville left over the false material claims and not the Soard issue specifically, no?
    Yes the teacher in West Knoxville did, but I understand he amicably disassociated from Elder Master Mullins in that process.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Blog Entries

The fb post never really explains the reason. So I wonder what was the final straw that made them leave?

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    The fb post never really explains the reason. So I wonder what was the final straw that made them leave?
    I agree. I'm working on certain assumptions; primarily the assertion that he chose to specifically mention the out west practitioners. Though this could be referring to SD, Texas, I took him to be talking about the Soards. I also considered that he was still crediting the Temple:Su Kong:Ie:Sin The passage of material, which suggested to me that the beef that Ashville had was more likely attributable to fallout from the Soard situation rather than the GMT-made-this-all-up situation. As I said, I think its implicit rather than explicit; and the timing is wierd. Why is the split happening now since the Soard stuff happened a while ago?

11. from what I have heard there is another legal action pending...but I have nothing to verify that.

... Why is the split happening now since the Soard stuff happened a while ago?
    Same question I have. Also the deposition happened awhile ago. None of this is new so why now?

It May Be

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    from what I have heard there is another legal action pending...but I have nothing to verify that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    Same question I have. Also the deposition happened awhile ago. None of this is new so why now?
    Since civil litigation moves as slow as mud, it is possible that legal actions began (or the precursor negotiations began) at the time and have only neared resolution now.

I don't know why now. It's been implied that there's some new scandal on the horizon with the Soards that have not come to public light just yet, but I don't know the accuracy of that implication. We will just have to wait and see.

Better late than never.

I believe this new issue with the Soards is just the straw that broke the camel's back. Mullins was trying to remain loyal to his master, even through all of the lineage, lawsuit, make up material scandal. But given the alleged context of the latest Soard fiasco, I believe he has seen the light so to speak. It's a ****ed if you do ****ed if you don't scenario. Remain affiliated and "support" the deception. Break away and "why did it take you so long". I'm sure there was some ego involved, and having to admit that someone you respect and/or idolize isn't all they represented themselves to be for decades. Hard pill to swallow I'm sure. But it's done and I believe the Mullins clan will be better for it.
    Learn more ways to preserve rather than destroy. Avoid rather than check. Check rather than hurt. Hurt rather than maim. Maim rather than kill. For all life is precious nor can any be replaced.