View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1299 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 299799119912491289129712981299130013011309 ... LastLast
Results 19,471 to 19,485 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

While it is acknowledged that this thread in this forum relates to SD as a purported system of Kung Fu, I have a question for those that studied directly under SKT or HKT.

Have you ever heard either of them refer to SD as Kung Fu? From when I first started with them in 1970 and by the time I left in 1998, I never heard them refer to SD as anything but Karate. Whether spoken word or in the printed handouts, Karate.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    When did u start MA anbd do you have a reason why you seem so angry? It is no skin off your nose right. And when one speaks of Colored people we are all colored just different colors.
    "Everyone's colored, otherwise you couldn't see them."

Don van Vliet.

Kung fu

I have heard him refer to SD as Karate and Kung fu . He seems to refer to Karate as the old meaning of China Hand Kara Te later came to be known as Empty Hand. So perhaps he doesnt care as more people at that time and to today think of Karate or Judo when they think of MA in America.
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Doesn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by OldandUsed View Post
    While it is acknowledged that this thread in this forum relates to SD as a purported system of Kung Fu, I have a question for those that studied directly under SKT or HKT.

Have you ever heard either of them refer to SD as Kung Fu? From when I first started with them in 1970 and by the time I left in 1998, I never heard them refer to SD as anything but Karate. Whether spoken word or in the printed handouts, Karate.
    Doesn't really matter what he calls it. I've only seen the man twice and he routinely tells stories about the monks' training at the temples and, since he's referring to the Shaolin temples and not the Japanese-Karate-Monks' temples, he's still a fraud whether he calls it Karate or Kung Fu.

I'm not trying to bash - I still train in the style - but I don't want to try to defend GMT's behaviors as honest; they're not. He's a straight-up liar; either to his students or to a court.

Truly

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    No one could make up something this bad.
    http://youtu.be/sU8xVMwzxS4
    Truly horrible. Who the hell spinning back sweeps a guy who's already laying flat on his back....among other things?

I do not think I have heard him use the term kung fu. Usually just Shaolin. I get the impression that Chinese who do not study martial arts just refer to all CMA as Shaolin. Sort of like your mom calling your Xbox a Nintendo. I have also heard him use the term form in place of posture, technic, or movement. In would not make much sense for a Chinese speaker to say kung fu obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by beng View Post
    In would not make much sense for a Chinese speaker to say kung fu obviously.
    Tell us more about what Chinese speakers would do in your imagination.

Man you are such a Troll, do you really group all SD people like that. You prob had your butt handed to you by a SD green belt and have flt bad ever since. Let it go man . Let it go!
    i could be dying after losing both legs and one arm and i would still defeat any fake ass SD wannabe kung fu but got kung fooled by an indonesian master of foolery.

you guys are soooooo dumb you believed that the hairy circus attraction in your lineage was real kung fu master.

you fools are brainwashed because any real level headed person would abandon ship when they discover they were lied to, robbed of monies, and even subjected themselves to sexual harrassment and abuse.

me, i'd rather learn from the Bawang than the LIAR known as SIN THE

Shaolin-Do teaches you more material.

Shaolin-Do has more material to learn before reaching black belt than most schools teach in their entire curriculum.
    yup because the founder is a dang thief and a liar. anyone would double their material when you steal stuff from books and videos.

Furthermore, the material taught up to the black belt level represents only 10% of Shaolin-Do’s vast body of knowledge.
    dang thieves i tell ya

It's funny. Most of the SD representation on here acknowledge the material is stolen or made up. Most also agree that the lineage is garbage. What is the point in continuing to beat that dead horse?

If you feel the need to "convert" people to your way of thinking, most already do in that regard. However, if those people (split from Shaolin Do) attempt to make the best of the situation, then I commend that.

Admitting there is a problem is the first of 12 steps.

So to sum it up. I never drank the kool aid. I never believed any of the legends regarding Sin The. I knew from day one there was no hairy monk that learned the entirety of Shaolin's material. Scandal started, school split. All involved acknowledged material was made up and stolen. Curriculum changed accordingly. Regardless of that, what we work on is effective as a martial art, whatever the name. I fail to see the issue with that.
    Learn more ways to preserve rather than destroy. Avoid rather than check. Check rather than hurt. Hurt rather than maim. Maim rather than kill. For all life is precious nor can any be replaced.

JSE / OLd Noob

O/N u asked if any one had heard him refer to SD as Kung fu I answered I am not defending anyone. I like the SD system I like the forms stolen or not. and as you say JSE Snipper likes to beat a dead horse off. any way power is power. and some like it some dont. The priests who stand on the corner and say look at me look at me should go into their closet to pray. Otherwise it is just the Ego and them selves trying to say "see how great I am i would never do that"
    A Fool is Born every Day !

All involved acknowledged material was made up and stolen.
    NO honor amongst thieves. Yet not one of you spoke up and put sin the on the spot and then leave for lying and taking your monies. how nice

and KC fantasy boy.......stop watching the tv show Kung Fu and trying to emulate what you see. you too are so fake even with you dumb wannabe wittiness.....

Love, SNIPPER......

Just wanted to put it out there that I am in no way defending SKT or what he has done.

Quote Originally Posted by OldandUsed View Post
    Just wanted to put it out there that I am in no way defending SKT or what he has done.
    lots of shaolin do people have called sin the a fraud and acknowledged shaolin do as made up. BUT they say they still train shaolin do.

acknowledging sin the for teaching fake shaolin is a good chance to start over and learn the real one. but NONE of you guys have done it. that's what saddens me.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-10-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC