View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1300 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 300800120012501290129812991300130113021310 ... LastLast
Results 19,486 to 19,500 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Just wanted to put it out there that I am in no way defending SKT or what he has done.
    i can appreciate that

q: Do all students of shaolin, worldwide, consider grandmaster sin their master?
    A: Definitely not! First, you should realize that many schools using the word shaolin, bear no direct relationship to the actual shaolin temples in china. Often the name shaolin is added to any chinese art in order to borrow its incredible reputation.

rotflmffao

Shaolin-Do students are indeed fortunate to have a lineage that was at the temple right up to its destruction, so we now have the final version of the Shaolin teachings.
    More mind control bullsheet. so no one but Shaolin Do in the whole world has direct connections or links to the Shaolin temple? FUKKING LIARS

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    acknowledging sin the for teaching fake shaolin is a good chance to start over and learn the real one. but NONE of you guys have done it. that's what saddens me.

Agreed, but the only way some of us could do that would be to learn from books or videos.... and we see how well that turns out. LOL My instructor has talked about reaching out and having others come in and teach seminars and such. Even what KC is currently teaching (traditional Tang Lang) was not allowed before. Things are more open now.

Anyone want to travel and come in and teach? :-D
    Learn more ways to preserve rather than destroy. Avoid rather than check. Check rather than hurt. Hurt rather than maim. Maim rather than kill. For all life is precious nor can any be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by JSE View Post
    Agreed, but the only way some of us could do that would be to learn from books or videos.... and we see how well that turns out.
    its better to do real shaolin badly than do fake shaolin well.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

as said

SD is not the customary "REAL SHAOLIN" but I enjoy it and whether some one likes it or not I dont care I also enjoy Shoto kan and the Tang Lang and Hung systems I did before. My main thing is I like it. as Bruce Lee said , if it helps you in a fight then its good.
    A Fool is Born every Day !

btw

Snipper what i said was from the Bible not Kung Fu the TV show. basically it is like saying those w/o sin should cast the 1st stone. who among us is w/o flaw? thats from Kung fu by Master Po LOL
    A Fool is Born every Day !

More lies

Q: Why do Shaolin-Do students wear seemingly "Japanese" uniforms to practice Chinese Kung Fu?
    A: Actually the "Gi" uniform is much closer to the garments the Shaolin monks wore than any other uniform commercially available. (BULLSHEET) What is now called a "traditional kung fu uniform" has only recently become popular for martial arts (MORE BULLSHEET) and was mostly worn by normal, non-martial arts people in China. I have several pictures of ancient statues of Shaolin monks taken when I visited the Shaolin temple in 1998, and they all wore a wrap-around style "Gi". In fact, this uniform is similar to a style of garments worn by peasants and farmers (and monks) during the Tang Dynasty in China (the golden age of martial art development at the temple). You will not find the frog-button style "kung fu" uniforms that we have become used to seeing in martial arts movies.

btw
    Snipper what i said was from the Bible not Kung Fu the TV show. basically it is like saying those w/o sin should cast the 1st stone. who among us is w/o flaw? thats from Kung fu by Master Po LOL
    the bible is full of it too! just like SD Garbage.....

Snipper Snipskinsky to you potato head!

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    SD is not the customary "REAL SHAOLIN" but I enjoy it and whether some one likes it or not I dont care I also enjoy Shoto kan and the Tang Lang and Hung systems I did before. My main thing is I like it. as Bruce Lee said , if it helps you in a fight then its good.
    do you understand that you are grateful to sin the for scamming you?

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    lots of shaolin do people have called sin the a fraud and acknowledged shaolin do as made up. BUT they say they still train shaolin do.

acknowledging sin the for teaching fake shaolin is a good chance to start over and learn the real one. but NONE of you guys have done it. that's what saddens me.
    Bawang, I can't totally disagree with this point because, if I was doing a form that was lifted from another lineage, there's a legitimate argument that one who wanted to truly learn that form should seek out the originator. Having said that, I've elected to stay at my current rank well beyond when they would have promoted me. At my current rank, almost all of the material is the made-up stuff and not the stolen stuff. Ironically, I couldn't get that stuff anywhere else (precisely because it was either made up or taught to Sin and Hang in Indonesia) and, like many on this thread who have left SD, I find that material very useful whether it's Kung Fu, Kun Tao, or Crazy Old Man Just Made This Up Fu.

do you understand that you are grateful to sin the for scamming you?
    the brainwashed NEVER know they've been brainwashed

Quote Originally Posted by OldandUsed View Post
    Just wanted to put it out there that I am in no way defending SKT or what he has done.
    I misunderstood you then. I apologize.

drop the shaolin name, keep the made up **** and throw out all of the stolen stuff. what you have left is SIN THE......

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    I find that material very useful whether it's Kung Fu, Kun Tao, or Crazy Old Man Just Made This Up Fu.
    when you practice sin thes material, you spread and promote his legacy. shaolin do is a 500 page book with random letters.

there is dfference between fantasizing about what is possible, and what is impossible. the shaolin dream is more sweet when it is possible. for you, you have decided it is impossible forever. this is sin thes final victory over you.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-10-2013 at 01:26 PM.