View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 519 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 194194695095175185195205215295696191019 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    You have part of the John Ng story right.....He can and I have seen him break a cynder block using a drinking glass without breaking the glass. He did not however have water in it or drink anything from it. This I have seen him do. Thats no made up story. I have had Dr. Ng break a cynder block that was resting on my chest while I was laying on the floor, have him take a sledge hammer and BARELY tap the block and it break into pieces. I checked out the cynder block before he broke it and it appeared to be legit and fine. He told me that he had channeled his chi through the sledge hammer to break the block. This was done to me personally. I have heard other stories but I will admitt that I have not seen them. For example I heard Dr. Ng can throw a playing card and make it stick in a water melon like a throwing star. Never saw this done, just heard about it. I have my doubts on that one though.
    I've seen my teacher do the same things sith the cinder block and the sledge hammer. It wasn't to me, but to his youngest son and his son was laying on a bed of nails. Fairly sharp nails. That is common. My point is that many of these types of stories get amplified in the telling and the retelling. Its the nature of telling tales in general and with regard to Chinese martial arts specifically. It's the equivilent of saying "my dad is stonger than your dad" or "my teacher can beat up your teacher"
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Attention MRKIII

So you got a brown belt In SD ?? Does this mean you got to brown belt and then quit??You saw all that SD was and is in that time period of study back in the early 80'S and have read few articles since then??

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    I got my brown belt and yes I quit. The reason I quit was because I did not like it. A friend told me about 4 Season's and Dr. Ng so I went and checked it out. I liked it so I joined. I don't regret it in the least. I met life long friends there. I still train under Master Dufresne and have for almost 20 years.

I got my brown belt and yes I quit. The reason I quit was because I did not like it. A friend told me about 4 Season's and Dr. Ng so I went and checked it out. I liked it so I joined. I don't regret it in the least. I met life long friends there. I still train under Master Dufresne and have for almost 20 years.
    And there is nothing wrong with that. If you didn't like what you were doing and you went someplace else, then great! I'm happy for you! But why come back and og out of your way to talk bad about the art that you left after only a year or so in training while you were pre-teen?
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

What does me being a pre teen have to do with anything? And I was a pre teen by one year, I was 12 or 13 years old. Thats old enough to determine if something isn't right. I immediately saw the difference in the 2 schools and you know what, I still see the difference. By the length of this thread and how many posts have been negative comments about SD apparentely a lot of other people question GM sin and SD. It's not just me. The sad thing is 95% of SD students are brainwashed into thinking that they are great martial artists. There are some good SD students but not many and I've seen a lot of them.

What does me being a pre teen have to do with anything? And I was a pre teen by one year, I was 12 or 13 years old. Thats old enough to determine if something isn't right. I immediately saw the difference in the 2 schools and you know what, I still see the difference. By the length of this thread and how many posts have been negative comments about SD apparentely a lot of other people question GM sin and SD. It's not just me. The sad thing is 95% of SD students are brainwashed into thinking that they are great martial artists. There are some good SD students but not many and I've seen a lot of them.
    Well, I've never claimed to be a great martial artist. And your age, like it or not, does affect the credibility since you were talking about the intensity of your classes. For liability reasons, many well respected schools hold back contact from minors unless there are consent forms signed by their guardians. That's common. You may have been very mature and perceptive for your age, but many others are not. How are we to know and discern the difference?

As for the length of this thread, no one has ever said SD and GM The are not controversial subjects. That doesn't make them right or wrong. You can't determine value or validity by internet referendum. Don't read to much into this, but many great people were ridiculed in their day. As were many fools. And vice versa. Public debate or controversy or ridicule mean nothing.

The fact that GM The and SD continue to thrive and grow in spite of the controversy and the unparalleled attacks is impressive. In a business that is market based and reliant upon the continual infusion of new blood (not just the old foogies like me who are invested) then you would think that an art of such claimed fraudulent and valueless worth would have withered up and blown away by now. I wonder why new people, with the ability to research things for themselves, keep coming in?

I like kool aid.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

[QUOTE=chiballsoffire;802436]
    Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post

Since you're in a laughing mood, I thought I'd pass on some more funny stuff.

http://www.sinthe.com/index.html

Check out the school name....so once again....what is it you guys claim to do?

http://www.shaolin-do.com/pages/newsletter.php

More funny stories....do all you guys write like you speak? Ever heard of an editor? If you want to read the excerpts from the training manual go ahead. There you'll find the latest, different story about Ie.

http://www.grandmasterthe.com/index.html

Be sure to sit through the intro...great stuff.

And last, but not least....

http://www.shaolinlegends.com/media/..._3_trailer.wmv

OK....while everyone (non-SD) is either howling with laughter or dumbfounded with disbelief, let's standby to read the time-honored BS excuses flow.

Oh wait I forgot...I need to post some emoticon at the bottom of post to express my feelings like some wet-as**d schoolgirl.
    Oh my God...where did you come up with all this new information...this changes everything...I see the light...Chi Balls are flying everywhere.....I'm moving to Ca. to train under you.....please help me keep my a$$ dry

Hey guys keep-em going...we're almost to 500
    BQ

Hey guys keep-em going...we're almost to 500
    BQ
    I'm at 718. But I was always advanced for my age.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I'm at 718. But I was always advanced for my age.
    Is that was that is? I always heard it was related to shoe size...

****... only 479 ...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    Is that was that is? I always heard it was related to shoe size...

****... only 479 ...
    Hey Sean
    Watch the emoticons...they will turn you into a wet a$$ed school girl.....see chi balls I'm learning already.
    BQ

judge pen.....I guess that the reason people keep coming in is because they are new to martial arts and don't know any better. Even the worst martial arts would look "cool" to someone new to it. As to the contact in sparring I've seen very few schools that don't allow contact. Hell, at Four Seasons after I left Sin The' the only required protective gear was a mouth piece, hand pads, and foot pads but we could sparr with out the foot pads if we wore tennis shoes. I was maybe 14 years old and we went pretty hard. I sparred the adults in the class and believe me I held my own pretty good. My teacher at Four Seasons was Tony McIntire. When Four Seasons closed I went to John Dufresne's school since John had been at Four Seasons. We sparred pretty much the same at International Kung Fu Academy (John's School), maybe a little lighter but not much. They never had a problem with any one getting seriously injured. A few bumps but that was it.

Hey Sean
    Watch the emoticons...they will turn you into a wet a$$ed school girl.....see chi balls I'm learning already.
    BQ
    Oh right... well I'm ex-SD so by their reasoning, I'm immune so ... maybe... I dunno...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

For the Slow

[QUOTE=Baqualin;802476]
    Quote Originally Posted by chiballsoffire View Post

Oh my God...where did you come up with all this new information...this changes everything...I see the light...Chi Balls are flying everywhere.....I'm moving to Ca. to train under you.....please help me keep my a$$ dry
    So in addition to the short bus dropping you off here everyday (every, single godd*** day), your also completely self-centered. Guess what....no one's trying to get you and the other Sin The groupies to see the light. No one cares if you see the light.

The only silver lining to interacting with you is the hope that new people investigating SD will discover (before their cultification) that there are any number of problems that remain unexplained.

From what you've previously said you stated you were an instructor in the SD internal program......and this is how you spend your free time? That in and of itself is an indictment of at least the school where you teach.