View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 615 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1155155656056136146156166176256657151115 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,225 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    Come on, stop it. Your just trying to bait me and it's not going to work. I think we should just have a big group hug Maybe sing the Barnie song. Or maybe even sing Kumbiall (sp?).
    I told you........... he is a pervert
    TT

Baqualin

Hey BQ I will be in town next week end saturday for my lesson want to have a lunch or late lunch ?? Pm me and let me know KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Hey BQ I will be in town next week end saturday for my lesson want to have a lunch or late lunch ?? Pm me and let me know KC
    This Sat. or next Sat.??

The 29th BQ KC Lesson 1-3 pm

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Yeah, I think that other dude mentioned the Shaolin Legends DVD's. Essentially, there was some kind of challenge match between (I think) GGM Ie and some other martial arts master at one of their schools, and afterwards they exchanged what they thought the best techniques in their systems were. He mentions that GGM Ie used a lot of hte Ground Dragon techniques in the match. After the encounter, which ended in a stalemate, GGM Ie decided to model the short forms on those collected techniques to mark the occasion, and the focus of them became SD's controversial short-form-"snap", which basically means--hit the ****ing hell out of whatever you're throwing a punch at.

But really, if you've ever seen the Tan Tui, you'll recognize every one of the movements in the form.

However, from what I've read/seen, Tan Tui is taught in smaller sections of small movements, and isn't really a "complete" form, even though it can be strung together--which would be more like what we teach.

But I might be wrong, so if someone better informed can offer the info, better to listen to him or her.
    That was not GM Ie, that was a story he told to GM Sin. It was another master who gave the short forms.

Interestingly enough Master Nance has said that upon asking GM sin the hardest technique he ever had to master, GM Sin said "kata #1"

Yes, but what I found particularly comical about that story (I like the story, though) is that it was so blatantly in contradiction to the story about GGM Ie being the ex-Shaolin monk "rover". It set up a kind of lineage with established schools, not a Shaolin renegade pimping "authentic, straight-from-the-temple Shaolin."

KC in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.......

KC spouts off

Who Me ? OK Ill take the bait Shaolin Wookie tell us the story you heard so we /I can derive if what you heard is what I heard. You know guys I have missed about 4-6 weeks of good hard training and I have had time to do some intellectual training and soul searching. Here is my opinion.

Much like Japanese styles are influenced by geographic and social areas so was Shaolin as it came out of the Temples. This would account for the physical/flavors of SD compared to other arts from Shaolin Much like Hung Gar and CLF many teachers teach them with different emphasis based upon their indeginous (sp).? developing. Ie : Indonesia Okinawa Japan Nort / South China etc.,etc. The Okinawan martial arts are different than those developed in Japan due to the philosophical differences of the area. As far as stories go , they are just stories, not to be taken as fact 100% but as a way to transfer the "legend" of Shaolin. Of which there are many, not just from SD. BTW remember GMT is telling stories he was told by training partners GM Ie and SKTJ to GM Ie. so I am sure there will be imbellishment and changes . So tell us what you heard. I for one miss training and am trying to make the best of a situation dont worry though SW I will still cross hands with you being the compromised practioner I am at this time HAHA. KC

hello

just dropped in haven't been on for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe years,,,i JP and sean are doing good,, do you know who this is sean? hint china 2001
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    just dropped in haven't been on for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe years,,,i JP and sean are doing good,, do you know who this is sean? hint china 2001
    The ONLY man I know to take what... 5 lbs of peanut butter, oatmeal & the like half way around the world to a country where he knows before he left he didn't like the cooking maybe??

Also... could be the same guy that had his pants come undone (but not drop to display the tighty whities) at a demo in Xi'an???
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Still punching and kicking. How's things in Kentucky? It's weird to see Tennessee still in the tournament and Ky is out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

you guys are good

that would be me, still dont like the food, and JP ok UK is out but i was really suprised they even made it? but hay WKU is still there? ya i am still kicking , have you had the golden leopard?
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

that would be me, still dont like the food, and JP ok UK is out but i was really suprised they even made it? but hay WKU is still there? ya i am still kicking , have you had the golden leopard?
    Yeah, I've had them, but I haven't kept them worked up. Testing during that time will focus your priorities to other things!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

U Tube

Go there and key in Wu Shu Masters China KC enjoy

Ok... lots of modern stuff... is there something we're supposed to see?
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.