View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1284 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2847841184123412741282128312841285128612941334 ... LastLast
Results 19,246 to 19,260 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

News

One of the most prominent Elder Masters has withdrawn from association with GMT, having to do with the Soard sex fiasco, which has come to the attention of GMT. It also includes Soards wife asking BB testing students for favors etc. Lets see if this new news has anything to do with them teaching any more as well. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

The Soards

So much of the negative reputation of SD (not all, but a lot) has come from them. The cultish behavior, the sex assaults, the worst fu in the system (on average; not that there aren't good practitioners out there). Is it just the cash that keeps GMT from booting them?

Sadly, they are not the only instructors GMT has kept around because they brought in dollars, but lacked quality.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    One of the most prominent Elder Masters has withdrawn from association with GMT, having to do with the Soard sex fiasco, which has come to the attention of GMT. It also includes Soards wife asking BB testing students for favors etc. Lets see if this new news has anything to do with them teaching any more as well. KC
    So an elder master has left because sin the sided with the Soards in the sex scandal?

Sin The knew all about the sex scandal - but protected the Soards at costs.

Only two of the 8th Degrees are not Kool-Aid drinkers and Kool-Aid sales people.

Mullins and Grooms. - There is a reason those two aren't on SDA website.

I thought Grooms had been gone for awhile. So - is it Mullins?

I've heard some rumors last weekend...

...but I have yet to see anything in a published news source.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

7. The Soards have lost over 10 schools and more leave all the time.

It was only a matter of time before this happened.

I would be surprised to see this hit the news, unless there was ANOTHER sex scandal. otherwise, just in-house drama.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...but I have yet to see anything in a published news source.
    Does this rumor involve Sin The' or the soards?

Grooms and Mullins

Haven't left GMT; they just split from the Lexington Branch like the Soards did. In fact, most of the schools that split from the Soards are now managed/supervised/pay their mob kickbacks to Grooms/Mullins. In fact, all of the elder masters are still tight with GMT as far as I know. News to the contrary would, indeed, be news.

11. those schools do not pay kickbacks to mullins/grooms. They only pay if they want them to do a seminar.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    those schools do not pay kickbacks to mullins/grooms. They only pay if they want them to do a seminar.
    I was being a bit hyperbolic. Sorry for that. It was a joking allusion to Rydberg's allegation that GMT required a certain number of testing/seminar fees per year from his schools.

This sounds like this is something new.

The previous "news worthy" happening was '09 or there about.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13429545
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    I was being a bit hyperbolic. Sorry for that. It was a joking allusion to Rydberg's allegation that GMT required a certain number of testing/seminar fees per year from his schools.
    No worries man...didnt mean to come off to harsh lol. Just clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    Haven't left GMT; they just split from the Lexington Branch like the Soards did. In fact, most of the schools that split from the Soards are now managed/supervised/pay their mob kickbacks to Grooms/Mullins. In fact, all of the elder masters are still tight with GMT as far as I know. News to the contrary would, indeed, be news.

Then it is News, Indeed and it is new, There was a meeting and it is a done deal. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !