View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1008 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 850890895899810061007100810091010101810581108 ... LastLast
Results 15,106 to 15,120 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

If it were really my world, you'd all be nacho ninjettes.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

This is a forum ???
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I beg to differ

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    Frank, no one is interested in what you guys do during grappling class at your school...

I think we're all interested in nacho cheese women's wrasslin. And if this was HSK's school, we would have to demand the school schedule.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Shut Up TGY!! SHUT UP!!!

Frank, that video was awesome. We love you and it. Do you have any more?
    Seriously, that was great!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Shaolin Doh exists, many people enjoy it! If some people think others are being defrauded, have your say, but if people want to do it, let them do it in peace.
    The most sensible thing you've said yet. Too bad the intelligent discussion on this thread is always drowned out.

Why not give Shaolin Do its own sub-forum?

I find the hairy monk strangely soothing.

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    Why not give Shaolin Do its own sub-forum?

I find the hairy monk strangely soothing.
    That thread was like it's own sub-forum. At one time some SD sites had open forums, but they were shut down for one reason or another. I think Master Garry shut his down because there were some complaints of the parents about some of the content of the adult posts (like Nacho wrestling). Hard to have a wide open forum when a large chunk of your business is through kids classes with overprotective parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

There was definitely something cool about 3:33–3:38

Chewbacca doing nacho wrestling. Can't shake the picture now.
    Last edited by rett; 10-09-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Prolonged chaos due to denying bad choices is kind of silly.

I mean, you can explain it as many times as you like, but if comprehension is refused, you get 1000 pages of nonsense.

Many people will refuse to believe they were duped and spent 1000's of dollars on an elaborate creation being sold as something else that it can be directly and positively shown to not be that.

weird.
    Yeah, very weird, but very common!

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    If this is your opinion, why do you feel so strongly about moderators here?
    Uh that would be YOU, not moderators in general, and only you when you are unfair!

So , back at you. I figured you would jump on that. I've had your number for years now!

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    The most sensible thing you've said yet. Too bad the intelligent discussion on this thread is always drowned out.
    Naw, I have said much more profound things before. You should feel bad you missed out on them all!

I know I feel sorry for you!

I don't believe in sticky threads. Some of the other mods use that function, but, being democratic , I feel that the topmost thread should always be the most active and that there's no need to force it.

Personally, I hope that this poll does not result in the deletion of IS-Dfr. As an archivist, I like to keep the history. The thread stands as a fascinating study in web forum dynamics. And once you get past all the hysterical flame wars, there's some interesting points. Deconstructing that thread could make for a PhD dissertation (in martial forums, if there were such a thing). However, I will abide by the decision of this poll.

I find this whole IS-Dfr situation a rather fascinating study in our community here. The two things that are most striking are:
    1. How many have commented vs. how many have voted. GET OUT AND VOTE!
    2. That the member who lodged the initial complaint against this thread has remained silent about this IS-Dfr situation. I will keep the identity of that member anonymous, so this is the only clue about their identity.
    I agree.It's interesting on many levels. I love how they refuse to believe the truth, then when they are proven wrong, they take another stance and defend some more.

As for the complainer. Maaaaaad pus$y, nuff said.

Maybe it's just me, but nothing on KFM can hurt or offend me. If I have no interest, I don't go there. Simple, no?

To want to have something made go away simply because YOU don't like it is the epitome of selfish douchebag.

If it were up to me, no thread would be perma-locked. Maybe some quiet time for the kids who get too excited, but to be re-opened later. Always.

Within reason, of course. If it's illegal then you gotta do what you gotta do. Otherwise it will bury itself if it doesn't have any interest. If it doesn't, that means the people want it.

I think some folks would rather this be a tight knit community of brothers, but that isn't what this site is all about and it isn't gonna happen. If it means that much to somebody they should buy their own board and run it as they see fit. Otherwise STFU pus$y! Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    Just saying that I would think all the haters that are arguing for truth in advertising and informed MA training choices should be the biggest lobbyists for the preservation of that thread but they're not. It's because they don't really care about honesty or anything but trolling.

I've been doing SD for about five years now. I've read the whole thread. I think its exhistence is important to MA consumers. Even though I've continued to train in SD, it's been helpful to me in sorting out some parts from others. It's probably helped some people choose not to do it. Where's the downside?
    Some of the people here who want it gone would rather have an intellectual circle jerk with their "net pals". They only argue when they're offended.
    Last edited by Syn7; 10-09-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Just don't make mine a red shirt.

Remember Carradine's uniforms for his instructional DVD?
    David Carradine - Kung Fu Workout
    Doesn't get more awesome now, does it?
    Classic! Every time he opened his mouth I stared laughing.

I think the best kind of comedy comes without any effort to be funny at all.