View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 668 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1685686186586666676686696706787187681168 ... LastLast
Results 10,006 to 10,020 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

HGH is the way to go or precursors to testosterone this will allow the body to produce increased amounts of testosterone and higher levels of performance. Look at Rocky 6 KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Only In The Movies

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    HGH is the way to go or precursors to testosterone this will allow the body to produce increased amounts of testosterone and higher levels of performance. Look at Rocky 6 KC
    I really hope you're kidding. IMO it's better to train as close to naturally as possible. All of the "performance enhancing" stuff out there I see as the same as nitrous on a race car. Sure you might go really fast for a while, but eventually the engine will blow. Without all the "extra" stuff you might have to work harder, and you might not go as fast as soon as you'd like, but you'll be around for a lot more races.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    Come on people lets get this thread goin', someone post something. We want to add some more pages to this thread don't we?
    Ok .. you suck and your avatar is gay.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

good to see you around meecer, how is everything in your home town? haven't made it over there in a little while,,,,
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

you apparently know little about the endrocrine system KC

taoist kungfu in wudang

Wudang taoist Gongfu, one important school of Chinese Martial Arts has a very long history. Wudang Gongfu, incorporating ways to stay healthy and prolong the lifespan as well as collecting the skills to fight, is not only a special school of Martial Arts, but also a whole system of Martial Arts theory.

Wudang Gongfu, as a culture, takes root in the fertile soil of thousand-year long Chinese civilization, containing profound Chinese philosophical theories, combined twith the raditional notions of Taiji, Yinyang, Five-element, Eight-diagram into boxing theories, boxing skills, exercise and attack policies, tantamount to studying the laws of life activities. So we can say that Wudang Gongfu is the crystallization of Wudang Taoism in the process of studying life.

http://www.daoistkungfu.com

Doesn't HGH also make your heart grow bigger?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    good to see you around meecer, how is everything in your home town? haven't made it over there in a little while,,,,
    Yeah I get bored of the same kind of arguments over and over. I normally pop back on here when I come looking for info. I have some students having problems with a simple jumping front kicks and was looking for possible suggestions on here. They can jump and they can kick ... but combining them is a different story.

Things in Somerset are great. They are tearing down some cool old buildings downtown to make room for a judicial building. I hate to see the buildings go. We moved our school into a new building with tons more room. Once summer is over we may be able to go through a whole workout without a student almost white eyeing from the heat.

You have the advantage though, I don't remember you by your screen name.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    One thing about this forum is there are so many people on here from Ky. I wonder why that is. On other martial art forums the people are more diversified meaning they are spread out over the country and even in the U.K. Does anyone have an idea of why this is?

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    One thing about this forum is there are so many people on here from Ky. I wonder why that is. On other martial art forums the people are more diversified meaning they are spread out over the country and even in the U.K. Does anyone have an idea of why this is?
    Well, there's a lot of SD people on this website, and KY is the birthplace of SD. Some notables aside, most people here are respectful of the people that practice SD whether they agree with it or not; so this is a good place for SD people to interact and share information with other CMA people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Power Ups

you apparently know little about the endrocrine system KC
    I was just giving my opinion on using HGH and other things like it. IMO Nick Nolte, Stallone and others who use that stuff don't look healthy. I'm a live and let live kind of guy. I just don't think it's a good idea to do that much modification to an engine we didn't design. My opinion has nothing to do with my knowledge of the endocrine system, which doesn't go much beyond knowing the fact that you spelled it wrong.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

oh meecer you know who i am ,,, you should really just think alittle about it, maybe i shouldn't tell you and see if you can?? heres a hint, we have trained in the same (basicly) town? in the same art? both under a master? but not the same school? does that help? oh, and we always say we are going to get together,or email more or anything to keep in touch, but we never seem to do it?
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Sorry ENDOCRINE is correct my type O . The studies I have read say that HGH does not cause athletic heart or enlarged heart. HGH is found in the human body the problem is it starts to decline in the early 20;s and drastically by 45 I wasnt trying to insult anyone but many talk abnout things they dont have knowledge of. Things like HGH and precursors to Testosterone are natural thing one can take to promote endurance and muscle growth KC

All In Good fun

Sorry ENDOCRINE is correct my type O . The studies I have read say that HGH does not cause athletic heart or enlarged heart. HGH is found in the human body the problem is it starts to decline in the early 20;s and drastically by 45 I wasnt trying to insult anyone but many talk abnout things they dont have knowledge of. Things like HGH and precursors to Testosterone are natural thing one can take to promote endurance and muscle growth KC
    No insult taken. I actually think they should have two divisions in every sport. In one you can use all the performance enhancements that you care to. In the other it's all natural. They do this in auto racing. With all of the enhancements available for the body, it makes sense to do this for athletic competitions as well. We all are the sole owners of the body we're given. I'm a strong advocate for the complete freedom for us to use and maintain it as we will.

www.bentmonk.com

Question Long lost Shaolin-do student

I am a new member on this forum and wanted to ask if anybody knew of any Shaolin-do schools ( Grandmaster Sin The schools) located in the Chicago area. More specivically, Bolingbrook Illinois. I studied in Louisville in the early 80's and received my BB from Master John Price. I have read some of these posts and I think I know some of you. Thanks for the help.