View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1047 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 47547947997103710451046104710481049105710971147 ... LastLast
Results 15,691 to 15,705 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Not according to OTD who posted here that he learned the form in 1974. Of course OTD could be lying about that.
    Sin The wrote out a list of the material taught to date in the mid-80s - no mention of Buddha Fist or Fist of the Grand Ultimate Mercy

Blog Entries
    one way (of many) to tell is the names of the forms: they sound "kung fu-ish", but are actually names you never find elsewhere in legitimate TCMA - for example, "ground dragon" is ridiculous - there is no such thing as a ground dragon in Chinese mythos - dragons fly or swim, they are celestial creatures - they don't walk / crawl on the floor - that's what snakes do (also, there is nothing in that form that characterizes dragon, but that's neither here nor there);
    thank you thank you thank you. my sentiments to the T.

as for the Buddha fist set being "internal" - it's all wrong - there's nothing in that form that relates to classical 'internal' practice at all - just doing moves slowly and sticking your leg out at odd angles and holding it there and them coming into some crossed leg stances doesn't make it internal; internal practice has very specific aspects, and that form doesn't fulfill a single one;

it's fraud guys, pure and simple;
    thank you thank you thank you. my sentiments to the T.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries
    I also wonder if songshan shaolin students can recognize any linking elements between this supposedly shaolin form and the other northern styles. Apart from the name, do you think it connects in any way with the wu xing ba fa set? How does this or wu xing ba fa connect with the older shaolin styles, if they do?
    you guys need to leave our lineages ALONE. period. facking thieves.

I'm not giving away some precious secret, DFW did that, I just bought the DVD.
    DFW should never have put this form on video for the masses. that was HIS mistake. we were totally up in arms when he did that. still, just because someone bought the video, it doesn't give them the right to take it and absorb it into their own system and give it a fake phony bunk alternative history. i will call everyone and their momma's out on this.

and YOU put the WHOLE MOTHA FUKKIN SET ON YOUTUBE AND JUST GAVE IT AWAY. can you pls place the video on private or take it down. this is my lineages entire form and you are just giving it away to just anyone. im asking you please do this for my lineage. thank you
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-24-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by RJ797 View Post
    Sin The wrote out a list of the material taught to date in the mid-80s - no mention of Buddha Fist or Fist of the Grand Ultimate Mercy
    I know what you are referring too. I'm just repeating what OTD has said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Did you read what Sal wrote about the form? Do you know who he is?

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    and YOU put the WHOLE MOTHA FUKKIN SET ON YOUTUBE AND JUST GAVE IT AWAY. can you pls place the video on private or take it down. this is my lineages entire form and you are just giving it away to just anyone. im asking you please do this for my lineage. thank you
    HSK, I thought there were two deficiencies in the video: A missing sequence, plus a false sequence, that would separate this set from the authentic one.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    you guys need to leave our lineages ALONE. period. facking thieves.

DFW should never have put this form on video for the masses. that was HIS mistake. we were totally up in arms when he did that. still, just because someone bought the video, it doesn't give them the right to take it and absorb it into their own system and give it a fake phony bunk alternative history. i will call everyone and their momma's out on this.

I thought it was on private: Only people with the link can access it. But Frank if anyone learns this form, they need to be honest with the origins and lineage.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 10-24-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

the road of cults lead to madness and self destruction.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    the road of cults lead to madness and self destruction.
    or the road of cults can lead to large harems of insanely loyal women who will kill for you.

its like a 50/50
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

soooo clooose
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

i wanted to have this point be in the middle of the night so i could ninja the 1k post

I'm just going to have to try and ninja in broad daylight instead, but i fear someone will beat me.

get ready for it

are you all ready?

danny devito is powerful warrior. maybe even more power than sin the

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC