View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1056 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 565569561006104610541055105610571058106611061156 ... LastLast
Results 15,826 to 15,840 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTVDD8yLgvE

Might be disappointing to some, but Shaolin Do's Mantis Kata is traditional, authentic, and deadly. Make no doubt about it.
    You're trolling, right? Please gawd be trolling, this is not mantis at all...

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    then ya'll got played like a game of pool. kung fu thieves

shaolin do is more karate than anything and they don't even know it. what a shame.
    Frank, I'm on your side. Perhaps my sarcasm doesn't transmit through the internet.

If I were a karate guy, I'd be kind of insulted by the association.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushing Step View Post
    You're trolling, right? Please gawd be trolling, this is not mantis at all...
    Is it really not that obvious?

Is it really not that obvious?
    After I read a few more posts, yes haha... Dude I pop in on this terrible thread all the time, but there is no way I can keep up with the whole thing!

http://www.ohiosd.com/forms_detail.asp?form_id=42

Can some Shaolin Do guy be so kind as to explain exactly why your mantis isn't a bunch of made up ****?
    Last edited by pazman; 10-29-2012 at 07:56 PM.

http://www.ohiosd.com/forms_detail.asp?form_id=70

Does The claim he learned the Taiji 24 step in Indonesia? That would be an interesting claim.

Can some Shaolin Do guy be so kind as to explain exactly why your mantis isn't a bunch of made up ****?
    "Beaks" for f@ck sake! I am waiting and wondering WTF a mantis "beak" is!

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    whoa. no way can they be serious. the most comprehensive and authentic shaolin curriculum? wtf wtf wtf???????
    You doubt them? They have 900 katas. How many do you have?

1000 is mine again.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    second technique: taoist immortal bows to buddha

this is an oxymoron that will never, ever, ever, occur in any chinese phrase. what sin the meant to say was probably child prays to buddha.
    Oh c'mon, don't tell me you've never read "Journey to the West."

Check my sig. There's my White Monkey STP. It's from 2009. It's much better now, and I'm much faster with crisper movements (esp in footwork). I also have a Mantis Penetrating Hammer form that is much like others I've seen.

As for SD's form called "Tang Lang Quan"---the only thing I recognize in the form posted above (on the previous page) is hte footwork. It looks like that guy has no idea what he's doing with his hands. TLQ is generic as far as I can tell, and I don't particularly think the form is that useful outside of some basic throws.

I'm pretty sure TLQ was made up. But then, so are all forms, which is why this whole "is your **** made up" thing is quite funny. Your forms were made up, too. And I bet that if I went back in time to find the guy who made up your forms, I'd shoot for the single leg (the front of his jade ring, which isn't engineered for backwards movement) take his ass to the ground, and GnP his ***** ass. I'd have a knife at my hip and ten of my best buds ready to take care of his friends, since I assume they'd all be standing around, just waiting to kick my head in when we hit the ground..
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 10-30-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushing Step View Post
    "Beaks" for f@ck sake! I am waiting and wondering WTF a mantis "beak" is!
    Same hand position as a crane beak. GM Sin was never known for excellence in translating chinese phrases, but oh well--and his students are even worse at chinese. I'm even worse than most at pronouncing chinese words, too. My Chinglish is horrible.

I'm sure you're wondering how a mantis has a beak (they do, if you want to think abstractly about their "teeth"). But a mantis "beak" is just the "beak" formation of your hand when you're doing a mantis form, not something on the face of a mantis (even though, I'm sure you can see, they have a "beak" like formation on the front of their jaws with those creepy little "feelers").

Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 10-30-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post

I could make up a form right now, chock full of takedowns with some BJJ/SD/Capoeira/silat motions thrown in, and I could own many people with my skills. Afterwards, I could say all the motions are in the form, and all the applications are hidden in the form.

as long as you dont call it shaolin thats perfectly fine

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    as long as you dont call it shaolin thats perfectly fine
    Why can't I call it shaolin? It has elements of shaolin in it, after all--whether you take my SD or my Northern Longfist with it.

"Shaolin" is as generic as "karate" these days. WTF isn't shaolin? I found a video the other day offering "shaolin groundfighting." LOL. Seems to me like "shaolin" is the mob. Everything is in its "protection" racket.

Blog Entries
    Why can't I call it shaolin? It has elements of shaolin in it, after all--whether you take my SD or my Northern Longfist with it.
    because neither you nor Sin The learned from a Shaolin student. that double dagger form you did really looked made up and you need MORE MOREMORE practice.

I'm pretty sure TLQ was made up. But then, so are all forms, which is why this whole "is your **** made up" thing is quite funny. Your forms were made up, too. And I bet that if I went back in time to find the guy who made up your forms, I'd shoot for the single leg (the front of his jade ring, which isn't engineered for backwards movement) take his ass to the ground, and GnP his ***** ass.
    LMAO. no you wouldn't.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-30-2012 at 07:03 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better