View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1080 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 805809801030107010781079108010811082109011301180 ... LastLast
Results 16,186 to 16,200 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post

On a side note: Today I have decided to study Sambo but I'm going to call it Tai Ji JuJitsu cause if Shaolin Do has taught us anything it's that you can just call anything whatever the hell you want.
    call it tang family tibetan yak kung fu

legend has that monk yue kong met a hermaphrodite who was skilled in art of grabbling. yue kong pretended to be raped by the hermaphrodite jiang yun many times and eventually secretly learned the whole system.
    Last edited by bawang; 11-01-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    42 huh. That seems like a lot. I guess if you cover ever angle and foot position, hip position etc... the numbers would be quite high.
    SC divide human body into 4 sides and 2 doors. If you use your left hand to grab the

1. outside of your opponent's right leg while move in your right leg, it's called 扣(Kou) - Knee Seize.
    2. outside of your opponent's right leg while move in your leftt leg, it's called 錯(Cuo) - Crisscross.
    3. inside of your opponent's left leg while move in your left leg, it's called 掏(Tao) - Inner Knee Seize.

A single leg has divided into 3 categories. The reason that SC gives different names for your "similiar" move is because you can have different follow on moves.

If you further divided it by using:

- hand only,
    - 1/2 leg and 1/2 hand,
    - less hand, more leg,

Since there are so many 1/2 leg and 1/2 hand moves, it further divided and 42 is not that high number if you can exhausted all possibilities.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-01-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTVDD8yLgvE

Might be disappointing to some, but Shaolin Do's Mantis Kata is traditional, authentic, and deadly. Make no doubt about it.
    That video is "Monkey Mantis" Moo Poo.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    That video is "Monkey Mantis" Moo Poo.
    I actually agree. Except for the misuse of the mantis claws, you could have told me that form was monkey and it would be easier to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Blog Entries
    if i were a shaolin donut student, i would be presenting this to my teachers and expect to be answered. i would want to know why the schools who authentically teach the styles we are teaching saying that we are not doing what we claim to be doing. i would really need some answers because if i am paying you money to learn mantis, bagua, 5 animals........you BETTER be teaching me what i'm paying for. I would hate to be paying for kung fu knock off's. (yes i've coined that phrase. kung fu knock off's......looks like the real thing but you know its fake.)

check out the comments on the video. see what i mean?

Yes this is Shawn performing this kata, I am very sorry for not replying sooner than this. I have been very busy with moving and school and the baby.

Nikki Witt 2 months ago

All Comments (12) see all
    sifufrank
    Respond to this video...

Kata? Mantis? Oh my oh my... I wonder if there is any way to put into words how much this video does NOT even in the slightest way represent mantis. And Kata?!?! Must be from Shaolin-Donuts.

acquiredskill 3 days ago

That looks like my good friend Shaun (sorry if its the wrong spelling of Shaun). Great technique as always, but like I said before, keep your head up! Hopefully see you soon in a Kentucky seminar my kung fu brother!

ShaolinTommy 1 year ago in playlist Shaolin-do

There seemed to be a few mantis techniques in there although most of it was just show. Unfortunately, you didn't seem to really understand what the techniques were and it looks like you were just throwing your hands around. That aside, you're movement and kicks were quite graceful and impressive.

Colin C 1 year ago

@DEATHLOCKGRIM :: Actually, this kata has a form of mantis, bird, and monkey.. See how he only uses his pointer fingers in the beginning? That shows that he is using mantis.

ClarkIsNinjaa 2 years ago

thats not mantis thats monkey nothing in that set was mantis

DEATHLOCKGRIM 2 years ago

your double smash kicks are amazing

elmoiq3 2 years ago

1 2 Next »

The highlighed and underlined area is one of my all time favorite JOKES of a comment. "See how he only uses his pointer fingers in the beginning?[U] That shows that he is using mantis". to me, it completely shows the nut has no clue beyond the shape of a hand. shaolin donuts.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 11-02-2012 at 08:03 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    legend has that monk yue kong met a hermaphrodite who was skilled in art of grabbling. yue kong pretended to be raped by the hermaphrodite jiang yun many times and eventually secretly learned the whole system.
    best post of current discussion
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Yes this is Shawn performing this kata, I am very sorry for not replying sooner than this. I have been very busy with moving and school and the baby.

[...]

See how he only uses his pointer fingers in the beginning? That shows that he is using mantis.
    Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    The highlighed and underlined area is one of my all time favorite JOKES of a comment. "See how he only uses his pointer fingers in the beginning?[U] That shows that he is using mantis". to me, it completely shows the nut has no clue beyond the shape of a hand. shaolin donuts.
    That is how the teacher does his Mantis hand in the gif clip too. Looks like the student is doing the ridiculous finger poking the way he was taught.

Too bad that real Mantis is about the last 3 fingers, not the 1st finger.

Both the teacher and the student show clearly that they have no concept of the fundamental usage of the Mantis claw.

They make the same mistake that we yell at beginning students about. Same like when the students have no clue on the throat lock move too.

wow interesting legend right up there with a Hairy Shaolin Kung fu man. anything is possible I guess. as far as Mantis is concerned The tang lang chien : just a aerobic filler form probably made up or a consolidation of many forms, other than the invert kick and hook stance not much mantis there. The Bong Bu is similar to other Bong Bu I have seen as well as Penetrating Hammer and the training is very detailed and excellent. where it all came from ?????I think it is good stuff . KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

I still think the monkey beak is the best
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    filler form probably made up
    shaolin do admit truth

VICTORY

Blog Entries
    shaolin do admit defeat

I WIN
    this was more fun than overthrowing the Qing and restore the BAWming (aka Bawang)

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    this was more fun than overthrowing the Qing and restore the BAWming (aka Bawang)
    wombat combat is superior to shaolin do.

once you learn wombat combat, you will have the strength of 10 ronnie colemans.

wombat combat changed my life. it saves me from rape every day

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    wombat combat changed my life. it saves me from rape every day
    what? who taught you this??? this is not authentic wombat combat

in wombat combat you must accept rape. then you can absorb the qi and nurture the spirit fetus.