View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 271 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1712212612692702712722732813213717711271 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

uhh

might I add that he does those moves as well as a blue belt

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    now we have shaolin monks copying our material!! what next Shaolin Do will be declared by the PRC to be authentic Shaolin and all you pityful little worms will have to fall to your knees and beg for instruction!!!
    LOL!

Now if someone can only come up with a hypothesis on how the Monks traveled back in time to make their "SD-Based" HongQuan an ancient style. I'm guessing it involves Qigong.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTravesty View Post
    LOL!

Now if someone can only come up with a hypothesis on how the Monks traveled back in time to make their "SD-Based" HongQuan an ancient style. I'm guessing it involves Qigong.
    Oh brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
    Oh brother.
    Hey FM...do you have ground monkey forms in your system?

We have five monkeys: Lost, wood, stone, tall and drunken.

I'm not real familar with alot of monkey forms...but curious, would you mind to briefly (if possible) describe the differences in the above forms......... except maybe the drunken and what your favorite is.

uhhh

I guess the answer is no then right?? of course you do not...because Master Sin made them all up and they are not real shaolin forms anyway and are a mish mosh of stuff all thrown together ...right???

...I wonder where people think grandmaster sin and/or Ie chang ming had the time to make all of this stuff up from the lineage to the forms to the system ..considering master sin was running a school had a family and was getting an education...

to make all this **** up would be close to impossible... ..it would take life times...or could it be that the SDA and CSC are in on it with master sin and have been just making it all up as they go along as a marketing ploy to sell their own brand of Shaolin

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    I guess the answer is no then right?? of course you do not...because Master Sin made them all up and they are not real shaolin forms anyway and are a mish mosh of stuff all thrown together ...right???

...I wonder where people think grandmaster sin and/or Ie chang ming had the time to make all of this stuff up from the lineage to the forms to the system ..considering master sin was running a school had a family and was getting an education...

to make all this **** up would be close to impossible... ..it would take life times...or could it be that the SDA and CSC are in on it with master sin and have been just making it all up as they go along as a marketing ploy to sell their own brand of Shaolin
    I never said they made it up.

Dude, I am not going to argue with you anymore. This is because it does not matter if I am right or wrong. It does not matter if I bring facts or not. It does not matter if I give you logic reasons or not. You will never believe me or other people's post. I bet if GM The was on his death bed and said that SD was not what he says and that he throw it together, most SD people would not believe him.

With that being stated, do not quote me with your smarta$$, heart-led comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    I'm not real familar with alot of monkey forms...but curious, would you mind to briefly (if possible) describe the differences in the above forms......... except maybe the drunken and what your favorite is.
    Lost:
    The monkey seems lost and confused, but always ready to attack.

Wood:
    The monkey is crafty and tricky: bending and stringing back like wood.

Tall:
    higher stances longer arm attacks

Stone:
    Think of the Alpha male in a troop of monkeys or a shrewdness of apes. Also think of a tough body and bute force.

Lost:
    The monkey seems lost and confused, but always ready to attack.

Wood:
    The monkey is crafty and tricky: bending and stringing back like wood.

Tall:
    higher stances longer arm attacks

Stone:
    Think of the Alpha male in a troop of monkeys or a shrewdness of apes. Also think of a tough body and bute force.
    Thanks..this gives me a good idea of what your talking about now...do you have a favorite of these and is there any videos of your system out there anywhere...I'd love to see it....not to criticize, I'm not into that...I'm just very interested. My only experience with Monkey forms is a Shaolin monkey form GSM taught us a few years ago, which was a low level form he taught just to introduce us (it was very playful) and the ground monkey he's teaching now. We also have A Monkey section in our 8 animal Baqua...which happens to be my favorite section and the reason I'm very curious about the monkey style ....there's really not alot of information out there. I'm waiting for the day that GSM will teach out Monkey Baqua. Thanks again, I appreaciate your responses...BQ
    Last edited by Baqualin; 10-06-2006 at 08:22 AM.

I love the monkey system, and so I also appreciate your analysis of the monkey forms. I've heard the names before, but didn't know what the exact differences were...kinda make sense, and they're pretty close to what I figured.

Thanks a bunch. If you have videos or anything else available, I'd also love to see them! I understand if you're not keen on posting them here, though.

Baqualin - apparently, shaolin monkey fist is the first form in the monkey system, first ground monkey is the second and second ground monkey is the third. To me, that's the best thing ever. Now we have three monkey forms to go along with all the other systems we have three forms of. Somethign is pretty cool about having the fist three as well. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get some more, but hey, I've waited awhile (not as long as others, of course) for these monkey forms!

Quote Originally Posted by ninthdrunk View Post
    Baqualin - apparently, shaolin monkey fist is the first form in the monkey system, first ground monkey is the second and second ground monkey is the third. To me, that's the best thing ever. Now we have three monkey forms to go along with all the other systems we have three forms of. Somethign is pretty cool about having the fist three as well. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get some more, but hey, I've waited awhile (not as long as others, of course) for these monkey forms!
    I feel the same...even though I only study internal systems, I've always had an interest in Monkey styles and will study all the ones GMS teaches us. I'm thinking that GMS will continue on in this system since he seems to be teaching it separate from the larger seminars...there's always been an interest regarding Monkey forms in SD. Being an internalist though I would really love some Monkey Pakua
    We're lucky to have Flying Monkey stop by here....I'm a little familar with his lineage....it's the real deal and he has a wealth of knowledge to share if willing

Quote Originally Posted by NastyHaggis View Post
    We are getting ready for Golden Leopard I & II in a couple of weeks. Great stuff. I'm only a white sash (will test for yellow that week), so I'm a tad unsure of what to expect right now.
    You will be lost in the analysis, but get an acupuncture doll or charts with all the pressure points on them and take a breathing and meditation class as soon as it's available, then practice for ten years and by then you might know whats going on. Other than that it's high speed combinations to pressure points using leopard fist, Dragon dot fist, feet, elbows and knees (3rd & 4th road for the later). The advantage of taking this as a white sash, is if you seriously study this form it will greatly inhance your speed and power which will be very useful in your sparring, the rest will come with time .

Thank you for that complement, but I know very little about CMA I am still learning just like everyone else.

I wouldn't say I have a favorite monkey. I have see them performed but I am far knowing the complete system.

Monkey Pa Kua

I've never been exposed to this style, what kind of info do you have on it?
    I'm like you anything GMS teaches that has to do with the shaolin monkey i'll be there.