View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 289 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1892392792872882892902912993393897891289 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    I don't have a problem with it, since it's unoffical...as far as I'm concerned anybodies welcome that has a love of CMA...and considering your lineage is out of the same temple it would be very interesting to have you along.

BQ, Unofficial, I'm always unofficial. I dont have much tolerance for the CMA politics... I believe its unproductive and wish to spend my time training.... I tell my students all the time, there's two types of people, people who talk about this and that and there's people who do or show action. Of course, that lecture is always followed by, stut up and lets train, lol . Gotta love old school methods... Anywho, I'll be around...

Later.
    CS.
    The Style Doesn't Make The Master Famous. The Master Makes The Style Famous!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaca View Post
    Any idea of a name? There is a White Crane store afiliated with Aoma.edu and there is a small ma academy in the same group. The website mentions the White Crane store, but not the MA classes. I know it exists because it's near my house and I've walked around a few times.
    I'll get more info from GMS about his name.....Master Joe seemed to think it might be in Houston, but wasn't for sure. I would love to find out for him

Quote Originally Posted by Citong Shifu View Post
    BQ, works for me. Please keep me informed. Do you know if your going to heading this way for the X-mas Hoildays? I'm looking forward to your visit...

CS
    I was going to, but my son is coming home from his second tour in Iraq, so I'm staying here in Lexington...it's the first Xmas he's been with us in 3 yrs. plus he will have my Grand Daughter with him...I'm very excited and nervous at the same time until he gets out of there...he's at Camp Anaconda outside of Blad where a bunch of **** is going on now. Anyway I'm taking a few vacation days to spend with him....all he's talking about now is Deer hunting and I've got a pretty good hunt set up for him...so it looks like spring for me before I will be in your area. I'm looking forward to visiting your school also.
    Last edited by Baqualin; 10-18-2006 at 11:47 AM. Reason: bad grammer

Your response says alot about you......I hope you know I wasn't trying to slam you, I see your the real deal...I was just making a point. Yes some in SD make claims they know nothing about....Just like all the material you teach is under the Green Cloud school...all the material we teach is under the SD school, no time has GMS ever claimed our material is one system.....each system is it's own and has a separate lineage. I would also like to say that your lucky to have chosen the life style you have...I would love to do MA all day long everyday. Hopefully we can meet in person someday
    No offense taken Baqualin thanks for the compliment and I would love to meet you sometime.

As far as some of my comments please keep in mind that they are not directed to everyone, just certain people that spread false missleading info.

I've had some good debates with some good folks on this site.

Bei Shaolin Contact info

The contact information on the website is: Scott Kimak, 956-425-2468.
    I hope there is some good info to be exchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by shaolindoiscool View Post
    hello all,

i vote we forgive him and try to understand his frustration ...

"Obey the rules of society.
    Demonstrate excellent martial art spirit.
    Respect elders and honor friends.
    Be kind and love others.
    Show good faith to others and keep their trust.
    Support the weak and aid the needy.
    Demonstrate good conduct and excellent learning spirit.
    Cultivate the body and nourish the spirit.
    Be disciplined, be generous, be honest, be loyal and give forgiveness.
    Be alert, be wise, be open minded and be patient.

ie chang ming"

those of us who practice shaolin do should try to live up to these ideas.

as hard as it can be to have people dout what you do or seemingly try to discredit what you do we must continue to practice/study our chosen art and become great examples, lead by example. shaolin do students should not engage in name calling and shaolin do students should have their facts straight before they say this or that is or isnt. i think many of the misconceptions regarding shaolin do have been as a result of students stateing things as fact that they do not know for fact. "thus i have heard" might be a good way to present history you are not sure of.

gus has said some things that i do not agree with and at times can be a little insulting but for the most part i think he has asked honest questions and since this is an open forum this is what you do ask questions and debate ... he seems to be an excellent martial artist i look forward to meeting him at some point in my travels to see what he has to offer.

at any rate gus deserves respect for his time and effort as does tattoedmonk so instead of insulting each other please remain respectful. gus i am sure you are senior in cma to many of us here so you might set an example for us to follow.

keep digging for the truth ...

Thanks for the respect and much respect back to you, as I have said before SD is a huge organization and my commects are not directed to everyone.

I realize that a every organization has a few bad eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Citong Shifu View Post
    BQ, works for me. Please keep me informed. Do you know if your going to heading this way for the X-mas Hoildays? I'm looking forward to your visit...

CS
    Citong Sifu the color red must be your trade mark or something, but i'm not sure if you realize trying to read some of your longer posts is like Chinese water torture I'm sure you have some good things to say but the color red makes my eyes bug out when I'm trying to get through some of your posts.

Many Thanks

Don't worry if we get this put together we'll make sure you get there
    One of my favorite things about SD, we genuinely look out for each other. Thank you.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    Citong Sifu the color red must be your trade mark or something, but i'm not sure if you realize trying to read some of your longer posts is like Chinese water torture I'm sure you have some good things to say but the color red makes my eyes bug out when I'm trying to get through some of your posts.
    GC, Sorry about that. I'm so use to red print its just kinda habit. I'll resist the urge from now on, lol.

CS.
    The Style Doesn't Make The Master Famous. The Master Makes The Style Famous!

yeah whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    OK now I know your just stupid, as I have said before research what nothing of what you say is written anywhere. Exploring the philosiphical and religious systems, WTF does that mean nothing I've read ever mentions SD exept for the propiganda on the SD web sites that are vague to begin with
    try reading some books rather than the internet...I guess you really are clueless....do you undetstand what shaolin was , became, and is??? it is not just what you think it is or was ...you just like to live in your own little fantasy world where everything fits into you frame of what it is and is not...

dude...

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    You should do some reading about Shaolin and you will discover it isn't some obscure, mystical, philosophical concept. Masterkiller mentioned Brian Kennedy's book for good reading on Shaolin. Research is key.

As for Green Cloud, he is a lineage holder of Chan Tai San. If you doubt Green Cloud's legitimacy, look up Chan Tai San.
    you need to read some books and not the internet...get a clue...the history is out there you just have to look ...judging by your posts all over this forum you need to get a life...grow up and get aclue!!

whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    ttm is no longer affiliated with csc or shaolin do....

his comments are grating and close minded to me. they lack in logical understanding of debate.
    I still support master Sin and the art .. boy this thread just brings out the B!tch in all of you ( this applys to whom it may)

Gee isn't that a big surprise!

tattooedmonk is still talking smack!

14. Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    I still support master Sin and the art .. boy this thread just brings out the B!tch in all of you ( this applys to whom it may)
    im sorry ttm but you are the one being out of line

no one else is using derogatory or flaming remarks unless they are directing them at you

you may well support master sin but he would smack you in the mouth if he ever saw you speak to your peers in such a manner

if there is literature that these people should read can you list the titles for us. id like to read it as well.

instead of saying whatever all of the time and then talking like an idiot educate us. what should we read.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    try reading some books rather than the internet...I guess you really are clueless....do you undetstand what shaolin was , became, and is??? it is not just what you think it is or was ...you just like to live in your own little fantasy world where everything fits into you frame of what it is and is not...
    I was just at Barns nad Noble there are no books on SD idiot.