View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 470 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480520570970 ... LastLast
Results 7,036 to 7,050 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    By far the most entertaining thing I find is what I'll call the SD 'telephone game.'

Something like this lawsuit comes up - wild stories are told as 'official word' until someone more sane comes along and gives a much more rational POV (usually Judge Pen, who really should be official SD spokesperson as he seems like a nice guy, is smart and can parse between foolishness and reality).
    Hmmm......let's see. Someone joins the art in 2005 or so, and tries to catch up on 50 years of controversy. Sorry, there's no such thing as informational spontaneity. Besides which, some of us are down here in CSC, trying to understand what happened on the other side of the country in SD, or in the Midwest.......it's all hearsay, more or less.

Parse between foolishness and reality? Some of us think reality is rather foolish. Take the Copenhagen theory of complementarity, for example......

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql4VF-9ezQI

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    What was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
    What was that?
    TCM.....don't you see the flavor

[QUOTE=Shaolin Wookie;790630]Hmmm......let's see. Someone joins the art in 2005 or so, and tries to catch up on 50 years of controversy. Sorry, there's no such thing as informational spontaneity. Besides which, some of us are down here in CSC, trying to understand what happened on the other side of the country in SD, or in the Midwest.......it's all hearsay, more or less.

Good Luck....it starts with money, greed & power.......I think you call it politicsBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    TCM.....don't you see the flavor
    That is actually called a bad blotter trip...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    This must be legitimate TCMA. There's asian script in the video. I bet he knows the secret handshake of a master.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

The secret handshake of a master

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    This must be legitimate TCMA. There's asian script in the video. I bet he knows the secret handshake of a master.
    And Sarah Silverman's legs, too...
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist

now come on already! I go away a few days and I expected this to be 500 pages, you guys are lazy! Get to work
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Everybody s@cks.... now discuss.

(This should get us over the 500 mark.)
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

no, you suck
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Blog Entries

Your favorite forms in SD

This question goes out to all the SD players. Which forms in SD are your favorite and why? Example 8 drunken immortals, Hua forms, the bird forms from Master Hiang, or preying mantis, etc. I just wanted to get some opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    This question goes out to all the SD players. Which forms in SD are your favorite and why? Example 8 drunken immortals, Hua forms, the bird forms from Master Hiang, or preying mantis, etc. I just wanted to get some opinions.
    With 900 forms, its hard to pick just one! Seriously, I really like the Hua forms, but I'm not talented enough to do them justice. I love Hsing-Ie and the oft discussed 5 animal form. I love most of the weapon forms, but that's just tapping into my inner 8 year old that thinks swords and spears are cool.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

"no, you s@ck" Is THAT the best you can do?

It's like "I know you are, but what am I."

Coach Ross, when did you turn into Pee Wee Herman? Waitaminnit - get back from the theatre, step away right now... put the Jergens lotion down....
    www.kungnation.com

In regards to the 'Holy Tiger' - no one said there wasn't cr@p CMA. In fact, on several times this point was made in this conversation. The existence of such does not remove the point that Sin The' claims to be THE Shaolin Grandmaster and teach the real deal. Over 900 forms - many of which have long proven histories - and only superficially are resembled by the SD material.
    www.kungnation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    In regards to the 'Holy Tiger' - no one said there wasn't cr@p CMA. In fact, on several times this point was made in this conversation. The existence of such does not remove the point that Sin The' claims to be THE Shaolin Grandmaster and teach the real deal. Over 900 forms - many of which have long proven histories - and only superficially are resembled by the SD material.
    I'll tell you what, If SD starts teaching "Holy Tiger" I'll quit!