View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1313 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 313813121312631303131113121313131413151323 ... LastLast
Results 19,681 to 19,695 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

1. I have heard Mullins group is out, atlanta group is out (both left on their own) and the Soards were kicked out by The.

Soards

Any details on the Soards story? I had heard atl and mullins had gone their own way
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Interesting, the Atlanta and Tennessee schools are still listed as the official schools on Sin The's website, but the Soards in Colorado are not....

http://www.shaolingrandmaster.com/co.html

But if you dig into this school's website, the instructor still is affiliated with the Soards.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 02-12-2014 at 02:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Interesting, the Atlanta and Tennessee schools are still listed as the official schools on Sin The's website, but the Soards in Colorado are not....

http://www.shaolingrandmaster.com/co.html

But if you dig into this school's website, the instructor still is affiliated with the Soards.
    I noticed that also. I think the focus was to just remove them. Like a lot websites, no one is really keeping it up.
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

I had heard that there were more gone but it may have just been about them and some under them.

But all systems have their splits some for good reason, some for ego... I am just happy with what I do and the level I do it at.

And on a side note my family just lost our health care... Thanks Big Gov.

Quote Originally Posted by One student View Post
    Unless you've seen both the YouTube versions of the Shaolin 7 Star fist and the SD Monkey-Tiger/Seven Star Fist, you cannot say what they are much less that one came from the other.

So as with some other forms, all it (probably) means, if the forms have similarities and differences, is either that one of them came from the other, or they both came from some common source some steps removed from each other. One explanation is no more or less likely than the other, on the face of it -- but someone with a particular mental bent in one direction or the other will naturally go that way, regardless of the truth of it. If you've seen both GMS's version and the YouTube versions, AND they have similarities, you can't say that GMS's version didn't come from his own recollection or notes of it, because it is different, which yes can be on purpose or can be by accident, or can also be just because they are different. The point is, especially around here, unless you have it on tape or in writing from the source (GMS), no one can be "sure" the SD version came from a video. Or for that matter, that GMS has already taught everything he learned from home. One forgets that his "specialty" was in the Shaolin Golden Snake system. Has it been openly taught to anyone?
    Quick retort. Why are his demos generally abysmal? I've seen him do some nice slow forms, and I've seen him do 5-minutes solo patty cake (Liu shing). If he's so good at golden snake , why didnt he teach the one thing he could do competently? The deduction is kind of simple

He never knew it, or hasn't yet created it. Also, have you noticed that the more athletic forms debuted when he was younger? He's teaching his own style. It develops as he does. Nothing wrong with that as long as you're honest about it. Known plenty of ma's who do that.

Seriously, if you were an expert carpenter, would you start teaching computer programming if you only knew a1980s version of DOS, and shakily at that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Quick retort. Why are his demos generally abysmal? I've seen him do some nice slow forms, and I've seen him do 5-minutes solo patty cake (Liu shing). If he's so good at golden snake , why didnt he teach the one thing he could do competently? The deduction is kind of simple

He never knew it, or hasn't yet created it. Also, have you noticed that the more athletic forms debuted when he was younger? He's teaching his own style. It develops as he does. Nothing wrong with that as long as you're honest about it. Known plenty of ma's who do that.

Seriously, if you were an expert carpenter, would you start teaching computer programming if you only knew a1980s version of DOS, and shakily at that?
    Answer: "no"

You'd teach carpentry

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Answer: "no"

You'd teach carpentry
    I'm not
    Doubting his skills, b/c he pieced together a nice core of techniques and forms. I'm doubting his....knowledge base and mastery of much of what is taught. Some of his
    Senior
    Students also display the same...rigidity, which raises some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    And on a side note my family just lost our health care... Thanks Big Gov.
    Four years ago I worked as an order picker with a guy who didnt purchase health insurance. I knew he made more
    Money than I did, b/c before 2008 the company offered 8% yearly raises. I'd worked there only for a year and bought insurance. Well, dude went into the hospital four times and racked up over 10k in bills he never paid. He asked me for advice. I told him to buy insurance. He said he cpuldnt afford it. I told him that wasn't true because I made less, was married (wife worked weekends while in school), and I was saving up for a new car and a house, which I would end up buying in 2013.

I got promoted and whatnot, but something tells me that there are many guys out there now who will be subsidizing hc for irresponsible people who make more money. Stupid frigging govt.

Golden Snake

I believe that he has taught out Golden Snake to some senior students. I have not been told that by any of my former teachers, but believe it to be true for other reasons.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 02-17-2014 at 07:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Why is it on the insurance paper work they have to know if I am registerd to vote? And of I am not it seems I must now for insurance.. I am but I find this stramge

I also believe a few have gotten golden snake.

15. Ive seen a short snake form that hsiang taught out. it was very short but explosive. Looked like a cool system to study for sure.